Dream Drive Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhanadkais

Cars
Lucid
Hi,

I can see the features list of Dream Drive in Lucid website but does anyone know if the new highway assist feature part of Dream Drive or Drive Pro? I would assume it will part of Dream Drive like Tesla free Auto Pilot but I could be wrong.

Hi,

I can see the features list of Dream Drive in Lucid website but does anyone know if the new highway assist feature part of Dream Drive or Drive Pro? I would assume it will part of Dream Drive like Tesla free Auto Pilot but I could be wrong.
Pro.

Is Highway Assist different from adaptive cruise plus lane centering/following? It's my understanding that combination of features would be included in the base DreamDrive. My sales rep said that the only feature that DreamDrive Pro has that the base version doesn't is the ability for the car to drive on the highway entirely hands-free.

Looks like Highway Assist will come with DreamDrive. DreamDrive Pro will get Highway Pilot (handsfree) as some point in the future. This is from Lucid's Press Release

• DreamDrive™ system offers more than 30 driver-assistance features, including collision avoidance, Traffic Jam assist, and Highway Assist
  • System designed for ease-of-use with vibrant graphic displays
  • DreamDrive™ Pro expands computing and sensor hardware – including first automotive LIDAR in North America – and major new functions to be delivered with seamless over-the-air software updates
  • Highway Pilot, with conditional hands-free driving capability, on target for future introduction

Highway Assist and Auto Park
The Highway Assist group of features is designed to help drivers stay safe, while also making the Lucid Air even more delightful to drive. Highway Assist blends adaptive cruise control and lane centering control to help keep the Lucid Air right where it belongs on the freeway, at a safe distance from the vehicle ahead and other lanes. Traffic Jam Assist operates at speeds between 0 and 40 miles per hour, aiding in centering the vehicle when lane lines are occluded by close traffic. For vehicles equipped with DreamDrive Pro, further functions for Highway Assist are already in development.

Looks like Highway Assist will come with DreamDrive. DreamDrive Pro will get Highway Pilot (handsfree) as some point in the future. This is from Lucid's Press Release

• DreamDrive™ system offers more than 30 driver-assistance features, including collision avoidance, Traffic Jam assist, and Highway Assist
  • DreamDrive™ Pro expands computing and sensor hardware – including first automotive LIDAR in North America – and major new functions to be delivered with seamless over-the-air software updates
  • Highway Pilot, with conditional hands-free driving capability, on target for future introduction

The Highway Assist group of features is designed to help drivers stay safe, while also making the Lucid Air even more delightful to drive. Highway Assist blends adaptive cruise control and lane centering control to help keep the Lucid Air right where it belongs on the freeway, at a safe distance from the vehicle ahead and other lanes. Traffic Jam Assist operates at speeds between 0 and 40 miles per hour, aiding in centering the vehicle when lane lines are occluded by close traffic. For vehicles equipped with DreamDrive Pro, further functions for Highway Assist are already in development.
When was that press release?

October 2021 - https://www.lucidmotors.com/media-room/dreamdrive-advanced-driver-assistance-platform

It's makes sense. The LiDAR is more intended for more autonomous driving so makes sense that it's installed with DDP ready for Highway Pilot when released. If Lucid has changed it's stance then they should get that Press Release off its website or at least correct it.
Nice find! Can we stop arguing about whether lane centering is going to be included now and whether or not it will 'match other makers' and all the other stuff? :)

Is Highway Assist different from adaptive cruise plus lane centering/following? It's my understanding that combination of features would be included in the base DreamDrive. My sales rep said that the only feature that DreamDrive Pro has that the base version doesn't is the ability for the car to drive on the highway entirely hands-free.
Lane centering means hands-free (highway Assist). I do believe the DD Pro should be included in the Pure to beat others. I don’t think the LiDAR will cost more than $2k and we are willing to pay that if needed. Loyal customers like us will be promoting this new car, so I really do not think we should have less features than other competitors.

Check this for the LiDAR pricing:

Last edited:

The new Highway Assist feature that just released with new update includes hands-free and that what we are looking for to be included in the DD not the Pro (like Tesla Free AutoPilot).

The new Highway Assist feature that just released with new update includes hands-free and that what we are looking for to be included in the DD not the Pro (like Tesla Free AutoPilot).
It's not hands free. You'll be prompted after 6 seconds or so to put your hands back on the wheel. This is standard ADAS with Lane Centering which seems like it will be in DD. DDP should be true hands free where you only need to put your hand on the wheel when the car needs you to interject etc or at least have it off for longer periods of time. So what is released today is probably what will be in DD. Highway Pilot is DDP only which is the true "hands free" one.

It's not hands free. You'll be prompted after 6 seconds or so to put your hands back on the wheel. This is standard ADAS with Lane Centering which seems like it will be in DD. DDP should be true hands free where you only need to put your hand on the wheel when the car needs you to interject etc or at least have it off for longer periods of time. So what is released today is probably what will be in DD. Highway Pilot is DDP only which is the true "hands free" one.
I do not think I’ll be prompted after 6 sec for what release today. It much longer but I could be wrong.

I do not think I’ll be prompted after 6 sec for what release today. It much longer but I could be wrong.
It is 6 seconds from when it notices your hands are not on the wheel. That can sometimes feel like a few additional seconds, but it is not hands free.

@hydbob im on mobile, but can you make a new thread and sticky the following:

DreamDrive will include Highway Assist and Traffic Jam Assist. Highway Assist is lane centering, adaptive cruise control, steering, on highways (GPS-controlled). Off highways, Adaptive Cruise Control is available, but you are responsible for steering. None of this is hands free, and you will be warned if your hands are not on the wheel for six seconds or longer (sometimes it may take a few extra seconds, but six seconds is the intent). If you continue to not put your hands on the wheel, the system will assume you are asleep or dying, and come to a slow in-lane stop, open the doors, and turn on the flashers, in hopes that someone will help you. Please note: in-lane stops are illegal in many places, and if you are not in dire danger, you may be ticketed or prosecuted for doing so. So, in brief: with Highway Assist, you are expected to maintain control of the vehicle at all times, and take over if necessary.

DD Pro includes additional hardware (LiDAR) built into the car, and thus is not a software-only option. The first announced feature of DD Pro is Highway Pilot which will be true handsfree driving on highways. It does not exist yet and no announcements have been made as to a release date yet. Additionally, the expectation is that over time Lucid may release city driving assistance as well, but no announcement has been made about that. The additional cameras, sensors, and computing power do enable things like greater granularity through LiDAR and an increased experience with Highway Assist as a result, but none have been released yet; largely, we assume, because no cars without LiDAR have been produced yet. It remains to be seen precisely how DD Pro highway assist features will differ, but the media release does specify “For vehicles equipped with DreamDrive Pro, further functions for Highway Assist are already in development.”

You can find more information here: https://www.lucidmotors.com/media-room/dreamdrive-advanced-driver-assistance-platform

Can we please put this to rest now?

Apologies, but you are wrong. @borski and I have been on the early software for a while and I can assure you, you will 100% be prompted to put your hands back on the wheel. This is not a "self driving hands free mode".

It's intended to take care of 40 to 50% of highway driving for you but does not replacing the remaining 60 to 50% of you paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back