Don't waste your time: (Channel) "First impressions of the 2022 Lucid Grand Touring" S27 - EP5

Sapphire™

"Dec 3, 2022
A few episodes ago, I had the pleasure of meeting John with his "Real world (car) problems". If you remember, he had traded in his 2019 Model X that crossed 100,000 miles, purchased a used 2022 Mercedes EQS and reserved a 2022 Lucid Grand Touring. Well the Grand Touring has arrived and as of this recording, he still has the Mercedes. Find out what he is thinking and the comparisons of both cars. Will he sell the EQS or the Lucid?"

Let's find out!

TL;DR?

I thought the video was okay. Interesting perspective from someone who has an Air, A Mercedes EQS, and the Model S.

"Don't waste your time" is the name of the Youtube channel ....

I actually thought it was a solid review, and very positive on the Lucid. It’s not a professional review, but I watched it on 1.5x-2x speed for most of it and it was pretty good.

They walk away generally very impressed with the lucid, and walk through all of the features and UI, etc.

They prefer the “floaty” ride of the EQS, but that’s personal preference; I prefer to feel the road, which they acknowledge the Lucid does better. They generally state the EQS is more complex and “flashy” compared to the Lucid, and they prefer the Lucid’s relatively more simplistic interior.

Haven't watched the video yet but want to comment on the Lucid suspension. My goodness it is well-sorted. I love it.

As for the interior: it suits my taste exactly. I love the clean simplicity and restrained elegance. There is only one thing I miss...I got so used to the inflating side bolsters on the E63s ... by far the best seats I've ever sat.

Haven't watched the video yet but want to comment on the Lucid suspension. My goodness it is well-sorted. I love it.

As for the interior: it suits my taste exactly. I love the clean simplicity and restrained elegance. There is only one thing I miss...I got so used to the inflating side bolsters on the E63s ... by far the best seats I've ever sat.
The Lucid does have side bolsters - are you just saying you preferred the ones in the E63?

Just wanted to make sure you knew about the side bolsters in the Air :)

I actually thought it was a solid review, and very positive on the Lucid. It’s not a professional review, but I watched it on 1.5x-2x speed for most of it and it was pretty good.
I'll try the same. There are a lot of people I wish I could increase speed by 1.5x.

Enjoyed the video and FINALLY learned how the key fob works. That was the combination I had initially ordered...looks really nice. I prefer the laid-back, blend-in Cosmic Silver / Santa Cruz. I love that I can park it and it just disappears into the mix. And no, the roof trim is slightly lighter in tone than the Cosmic Silver paint. It's neat because sometimes it matches and sometimes it looks pale white. Both are becoming. This car is simply brilliant.

I would not even look at the EQs .... so ugly I'm afraid I'd turn to stone
The Lucid does have side bolsters - are you just saying you preferred the ones in the E63?

No I did not know that the Lucid bolsters are adjustable, thanks. The E63s is a track car. The suspension is crazy adjustable as are the steering, throttle ... I don't even know how many setting there are because it's scary enough in "comfort". The side bolsters are active and inflate on the side opposite your turn to hold you in. It starts right away and increases if you're pushing the turn. Never distracting or too much. It's fantastic. It's like every time you turn in the car gives you a hug of confidence. I would not order the Sapphire if it does not have that feature, it's that good.

They walk away generally very impressed with the lucid, and walk through all of the features and UI, etc.

They prefer the “floaty” ride of the EQS, but that’s personal preference; I prefer to feel the road, which they acknowledge the Lucid does better. They generally state the EQS is more complex and “flashy” compared to the Lucid, and they prefer the Lucid’s relatively more simplistic interior.

Thanks man appreciated.

Just watched it, a balanced and useful review.

I feel dumb for asking, but what are we talking about with side bolsters?

I feel dumb for asking, but what are we talking about with side bolsters?
I think it's important to describe the feeling of active side bolsters:

Your sexual partner is behind you on a fast motorcycle...already snug, every time you begin to lean this way or that you feel the squeezeeeeeezzzzee. But it's better than even that, because in a cornering car: it squeezes you only on the kidney that wants it, and just the right amount of pressure.
It's like the thing is alive.
Everyone I have spoken to who's experienced the AMG version says yes it's a bit sexual.

(why did i sell that car again???)

Your sexual partner is behind you on a fast motorcycle...already snug, every time you begin to lean this way or that you feel the squeezeeeeeezzzzee. But it's better than even that, because in a cornering car: it squeezes you only on the kidney that wants it, and just the right amount of pressure.
Everyone I have spoken to who's experienced the AMG version says yes it's a bit sexual.
I probably deserved that explanation. 😂

(why did i sell that car again???)
I’ve had cars with the active bolsters before. But I guess I like to sit loose in the seat and never really got that hugging feeling. I assume because I prefer the side bolsters to be away from my body? I don’t like the hugging sensation when I’m just sitting the Car going on errands and daily driving.

Perhaps I should set a different memory setting so the seat would hug me when I want performance?

What are Side Bolsters, doubt I know about them.

What are Side Bolsters, doubt I know about them.
They are the padded upper sides of the car seat which contact your torso. In sports cars, the side bolsters are usually quite pronounced to keep your torso in place against lateral g-forces in fast cornering. Family cars usually have a minimal bolster to make entry and exit easier.

Glad you guys are enjoying my Lucid 😉

John was a great guy, informative, walked me through the car, included extra goodies including the back lug nuts and extra Lucid wheel caps in different colors, a tire pressure and patch kit, and some detail sprays and towels.
My road trip from DC to Utah was after meeting with John and buying that Lucid in the video and driving it back.

He did tell me that he listed the Tesla Model S, Mercedes EQS, and the Lucid for sale at the same time and the Lucid got the most attention.

He still has the Mercedes EQS. Not sure if he sold the Tesla or not.
But I remember him telling me, "happy wife, happy life" I think he just wanted to keep one.

He said the EQS was very floaty and he drives over 100 miles for work and back so he likes the cushy ride and didn't want to feel the road.

Overall, great guy, and great review (don't like the channel name).

Back