Display Temperature

Efficient

Cars
Grand Touring
One thing I have noticed is that the "cockpit" display tends to get hot. I live in Texas, and, well, Texas is often hot, but I touched the back of the display the other day, and it was hot enough for me to grab the thermal gun and check the temperature. 156 degrees. This wasn't in direct sunlight and it was after I drove the car around for about 10 minutes.

It always seems to be hot, but 150 degrees seems to be a bit absurd.

Is anyone else noticing heat like that on the back of the display?

Thanks

I have never measured it , but it gets extremely hot and I have often worried about a malfunction. I do not know of anyone who has had the cockpit fail due to high heat output.

This is quite normal, at least to me. Lucid is most likely using the rear of the cockpit for heat dissipation, which is needed to keep the chips cool. Although this makes the chips cooler, it outputs that heat, making the outside of the cockpit feel warm. Coupled with the windshield letting a good amount of the sun through, it is expected that the rear is warm.

agreed. it gets super hot but it has never stopped working. the front/rear cameras have stopped working when it gets too hot.

i've experienced the same. On hot days, i change the air flow/vent settings to direct some air through the vent at the base of the windshield this way cold air blows over the back of the cockpit display for improved cooling. it does lower the temperature some.

Back