Disable auto phone unlock at home

Stunning2808

Cars
2024 Lucid Air Pure
Been looking through the mwnus and can’t find a solution here. I do not need the car to constantly unlock and lock every time I have my phone in my pocket and I walk around the garage from the house which is like a dozen times a day. Is there a way to disable this automatic unlock functionality While the car detect my home Wi-Fi network or the GPS coordinates? Would love it to work every other time when I’m not at home.

Have the same "problem" and I don't think there is a config option for this aside for turning passive unlock off so you have to push the handle inwards for the car to unlock

Not an available feature but has been requested/discussed quite a bit here.

You can turn off Bluetooth on your phone when you aren’t using the car and turn it back on when you plan to use it.

iPhone is pretty easy to turn off by swiping down from the top right and touching the Bluetooth symbol. (Not sure about Android)

Besides that, there’s not much besides turning off the passive unlock.

Downside is if you have other Bluetooth devices you use with your phone, they are deactivated as well.

iPhone is pretty easy to turn off by swiping down from the top right and touching the Bluetooth symbol. (Not sure about Android)
Exactly the same on stock Android.

I
You can turn off Bluetooth on your phone when you aren’t using the car and turn it back on when you plan to use it.

Besides that, there’s not much besides turning off the passive unlock.

Downside is if you have other Bluetooth devices you use with your phone, they are deactivated as well.
In IFTTT (If This Then That), a rule can be setup to automatically disable phones Bluetooth when at a geofenced location.

I find it preferable on IPhone to:
  • Go to Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Location Services
  • Scroll down to Lucid, select
  • Choose "While Using the App"
By making this setting, I open the app when I want the car to respond and close the app when I don't.
Bluetooth stays active all the time so other devices still work as desired.

When the app is updated, I keep this location setting instead letting the update change it.

Occasionally, I set the app to "Always Use" locations when I am on a trip, or for even faster (or completely hands free) access to the vehicle.

I find it preferable on IPhone to:
  • Go to Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Location Services
  • Scroll down to Lucid, select
  • Choose "While Using the App"
By making this setting, I open the app when I want the car to respond and close the app when I don't.
Bluetooth stays active all the time so other devices still work as desired.

When the app is updated, I keep this location setting instead letting the update change it.

Occasionally, I set the app to "Always Use" locations when I am on a trip, or for even faster (or completely hands free) access to the vehicle.
Thanks I just tried this adjustment and will see if it works.

I turned off my Mobile Key in my phone app. It got ridiculous how many times the car would wake up when I was in and out of the garage doing yard work.

Back