Did anyone have a poor/delayed delivery?

It may be news to some but you can survive just fine in the poor people seats on airplanes, I’ve done it my whole life. One other thing you may not know is that most airlines no longer allow you to choose your seats unless you pay extra, and if you book a seat via a 3rd party travel search as most do, you cannot choose your own seats even though those discount sites trick you and make it look like you can. None of that has anything to do with Lucid.

I never heard of any auto manufacturer flying a buyer to their delievery and putting them up in a hotel before this (maybe Rolls Royce or Bugatti has?), so my recommendation to Lucid is this: don’t offer flights or hotels to people picking up a car, otherwise they’ll complain about it.

I think Lucid could definitely have done more to educate a new buyer, as they should know that some new buyers (especially anyone new to EVs) cannot be expected to have educated themselves about the car or EVs, or to have researched their drive back to make sure they don’t need to stop and charge. Otherwise they may risk a singular negative buying experience being dumped online in many locations.
I think you are missing the point, of course I can sit in economy, I do it all the time. The point is that they offered to arrange my travel and this is a luxury car, I would have appreciated a luxury experience. I could have easily arranged my own travel and I could have opt'd for economy or first class as I decided. And when I travel with a companion, I pay the extra to sit with them. I think they offer because it's less expensive to pay $500 in travel expenses than it is to deliver the car to my house. They can deliver multiple cars on a trailer. I am not complaining about the travel all by itself. If it had just been the flight OR had just been the hotel issue OR it had just been that they didnt teach me how to drive the car I wouldnt have had a reason to complain. It was all of those thing combined PLUS the fact that I have heard nothing but amazing delivery experience stories that makes me think it's not a Lucid problem but an issue with the Service Center which has newly opened and probably hasnt worked out all the kinks yet. Sometimes it is the little things that makes a customer feel special. As for educating myself, there is no amount of Google searches that can substitute for a test drive, and when you specifically ask someone who you believe to be more knowledgeable than you to provide you direction, you typically will trust the advice you are given. My reason for posting this is for Lucid to do better, customer loyalty most often stems from the experience more than the product. But thanks for trolling me, always a joy.

To have reserved in 2019, which is something I did (in December), you had to have been seeking out EVs to purchase because Lucid was still in its infancy and not found through general searching. How could someone that interested in EVs 4 years ago (!) not have done any research on EVs or even driven one in the interim? That's the part that makes no sense to me (aside from the entitlement).
I test drove a Tesla, I did my research, that doesnt mean they shouldnt have provided a test drive. Entitlement would have been me demanding they fly me and fly me first class...I didnt even ask them to book anything, they offered and then did not follow thru on what was offered.

My delivery back in December went very smoothly. They sent an Uber Black to drive me down to Denver. I was met at the curb where my Uber dropped me off by a Lucid staff member. I was taken into the studio, where I was greeted and congratulated by other members of the team. Then we went out to the parking garage where Lucid has a section reserved. Staff member went over everything, told me to take my time. Helped me to get my account set up. Went through all the settings. I had been an EV owner before, and I had done a test drive, so I was very familiar with the car. Drove home with no issues.

I do think Lucid needs to ensure everyone has as smooth a delivery experience as possible. Consistency is pretty important to customer experience. Hopefully, Lucid will continue to improve on this.

Owning an EV for the first time is a big leap. Everyone involved in this transition should feel responsible for helping out newcomers as they step into this much larger, better world. It's one of the reasons I care so much about this forum and what it provides to the greater community.

I have yet to meet anyone who switched to an EV who is dying to get back to an ICE car. We need to keep it that way.
thank you! I already don't like driving my other cars, all ICE's. I think your point on consistency is what I am trying to get to, I didnt expect the Dream Edition roll out but I do think what you mention above should be typical.

If someone can afford a Lucid they probably can afford to sit in Business Class, if you offer to arrange transportation than it should be up to par, I could have booked my own travel
When I landed it would have been nice to have someone there already to meet me, the hotel should have been pre-paid and there should have been some sort of agenda provided to include a pick up at the hotel to the service center.
I should not have been charged for the wheel caps
At very min all owners should be given a test drive at pick up and making sure they have a good grasp on ReGen is critical
Making sure that buyers who are new to the EV experience need to have a detailed understanding of planning a trip and the different charging station options

I love my car now, that night I said I wished I never bought it, now I can't even fathom driving my other cars I am so thrilled to float in my AIr. But the buying experience was awful....and after that one call, no one has called me, I havent gotten my money back for the hotel...so I just hope it doesnt act up on me until/unless a new service center opens closer to me.
Most of us here also fly business class and stay in luxury resorts. However, we all are not just very happy driving Lucid but many of us also own the stock and we want the company to do well in the difficult times as they ramp up. When I took delivery of my car, I was in Washington DC and I paid business class fare to arrive at SFO to receive the car at my own expense. Peter Rawlins the CEO was there to greet us and even signed the Frunks of our cars. We drive to Lucid events to show support and expect nothing other than the company to not only survive the tough period after a layoff but come out very strong. So, we are not asking Lucid what Lucid can do for us but asking Lucid what we can do for Lucid. It is a different expectation. Enjoy your car.

Most of us here also fly business class and stay in luxury resorts. However, we all are not just very happy driving Lucid but many of us also own the stock and we want the company to do well in the difficult times as they ramp up. When I took delivery of my car, I was in Washington DC and I paid business class fare to arrive at SFO to receive the car at my own expense. Peter Rawlins the CEO was there to greet us and even signed the Frunks of our cars. We drive to Lucid events to show support and expect nothing other than the company to not only survive the tough period after a layoff but come out very strong. So, we are not asking Lucid what Lucid can do for us but asking Lucid what we can do for Lucid. It is a different expectation. Enjoy your car.
Very well said. I’ve said this a zillion times, progress happens in steps, not all at once. I consider my positive delivery experience worthy of accolades given the difficult economic climate, brutal competition, supply chain shortage, and staffing shortages faced by any company, let alone a company barely out of their first year of manufacturing the most advanced EV sedan ever built. The appropriate course of action if someone has multiple problems with the delivery experience is to contact the regional manager for that location as they are the ones who can actually do something about it. In my experience they are very responsive. Of course dumping the problem via every possible internet venue will get attention also…

We can all agree though the most important point of focus that Lucid absolutely nailed though is the car. If I went to Le Bernardin and they accidentally served my wine in a cocktail rocks glass, oh well, not ideal, it’s a learning opportunity for them, but the wine is the point. After having spent some time in a Tesla Model 3 and a Polestar 2, it’s made me appreciate even more how WTF-level impressive the Lucid is. I think I said this elsewhere that yeah those cars cost half the price of the Lucid but the Lucid is more than double the car those vehicles are.

My delivery involved driving it off the lot for a small test drive and it went into turtle mode.

It was bad and very anti climatic. I love my car, but the experience I went through tried to counter that… a lot

I remember my delivery experience at Short Hills.
I couldn't wait for the guy to shut up, i actually told him what's were. We walked around the car, no dents, few midalingments noted, have a great day.
15 minutes after, papers signed, happy grin on my face, bye to everyone at the studio, let me gtfo already
Me happy ever since :)

I remember my delivery experience at Short Hills.
I couldn't wait for the guy to shut up, i actually told him what's were. We walked around the car, no dents, few midalingments noted, have a great day.
15 minutes after, papers signed, happy grin on my face, bye to everyone at the studio, let me gtfo already
Me happy ever since :)
I remember doing that, just not with the delivery. A salesman was guiding my parents, and I interrupted him EVERY single time to tell my parents about the deeper battery, the range, etc. I have no idea how he stayed calm.

I remember doing that, just not with the delivery. A salesman was guiding my parents, and I interrupted him EVERY single time to tell my parents about the deeper battery, the range, etc. I have no idea how he stayed calm.
Wait, so your parents actually have their Lucid now?

Wait, so your parents actually have their Lucid now?
“Just not with the delivery now” Sorry for any confusion. And right now we are really weighing our options as there are so many brilliant cars now. Between a rrover, i7, or the lucid. Part of me wants the 7 for the extravagant appearence and tech, other part wants the lucid for the driving experience.
(gravity will replace the rover on that list if its good)

I too read this post/question and sorry “LV-Air” but you did not do your homework. At all….
I took delivery in Short Hills NJ. They sent a Lyft black car to drive us there together, which I thought was beyond generous. Billie was our DA- and I truly feel he would’ve spent as much time as we needed, and we were with him for an hour. We felt very comfortable, and after he walked away to this day, we can’t stop laughing about the fact that we neglected to ask him how to put the car into gear! 60 seconds later- I was off driving. And for anyone who has driven down the New Jersey Garden State Parkway, on a good day it is a harrowing experience. Luckily, we remembered our EZ pass- and baptism by fire began!

I test drove a Tesla, I did my research, that doesnt mean they shouldnt have provided a test drive. Entitlement would have been me demanding they fly me and fly me first class...I didnt even ask them to book anything, they offered and then did not follow thru on what was offered.
I must echo the sentiments of others in this thread. Excellent service once the ball gets rolling on something. Getting the ball rolling can be hit or miss, but they always deliver once it does.

They booked the flight for not only you but your boyfriend. Companies, except on the rarest occasions, do not cover even spouses and always opt for the cheapest arrangement (economy seats, no pick). You could have inquired with the airline to upgrade your seats at your expense.

A little bit of caution for your first time driving and asking/insisting for a test drive would have gone a long ways. Exceptional service for them to fix a trim issue same day and get you on the road in a timely fashion. As for the charging, again if you followed the company 4+ years ago and test drove a Tesla, then you should know to take your time and get comfortable with the range and charging network.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the car. Mine has been in service a little over two weeks. They have found every little issue and taken the time to properly replace and fix each issue (even ones I didn't know about). Look forward to hitting the road and spotting fellow Lucid owners come next week.

I too read this post/question and sorry “LV-Air” but you did not do your homework. At all….
I took delivery in Short Hills NJ. They sent a Lyft black car to drive us there together, which I thought was beyond generous. Billie was our DA- and I truly feel he would’ve spent as much time as we needed, and we were with him for an hour. We felt very comfortable, and after he walked away to this day, we can’t stop laughing about the fact that we neglected to ask him how to put the car into gear! 60 seconds later- I was off driving. And for anyone who has driven down the New Jersey Garden State Parkway, on a good day it is a harrowing experience. Luckily, we remembered our EZ pass- and baptism by fire began!
I'll sell you and future clients a secret. Proper incantations is the key.
Not a simple chicken feet, lizards tongue, or some other internet crap.
One has to have Elon's pubic hair, burn and spread the ashes underneath you car's seat (make it quick before your wife finds out and kill you).
Then no future problems, except the ones we all read about.
Btw, I happen to have few left (Elon's pubic hair) and I'm willing to depart with them for a measly...you tell me.
Let the bids begin :)

I'll sell you and future clients a secret. Proper incantations is the key.
Not a simple chicken feet, lizards tongue, or some other internet crap.
One has to have Elon's pubic hair, burn and spread the ashes underneath you car's seat (make it quick before your wife finds out and kill you).
Then no future problems, except the ones we all read about.
Btw, I happen to have few left (Elon's pubic hair) and I'm willing to depart with them for a measly...you tell me.
Let the bids begin :)
Sold!

for 69420

Back