Delivery GT

Welcome. I'm in Cambridge and am loving my GT after having it three days.

More importantly Toscanini's is still there.

Back when I was still in the lab, the kinetics of my assays aligned with me setting up the experiment, hiking from Kendall Sq. to Toscanini's near Central Sq, grabbing a cone of vanilla finger ice cream and heading back to the lab.

waiting on: Cosmos Silver / Santa Cruz / Aero

Promised in Q4 I just got the "two weeks" cliche. Have received final tally but not bill. Thought folks might be interested in my timeline:

Ordered: 25 Dec 2021 {Zeneth Red / Tahoe / Aero}
Confirmed: 1 Mar 2022
Changed paint: 16 Mar 2022 { to Cosmos: red is too flashy } (third quarter maybe?)
Test drive: 29 Mar 2022 Short Hills, NJ
Changed interior: 1 Apr 2022 ( to Santa Cruz)
Supply chain: 12 Jul 2022 No silver paint in the cosmos ... delayed to fourth quarter
VIN 13 Sep 2022 "things are moving fast"
Wall Wart 15 Sep 2022 asked for a Lucid wall wart (aka "Betty" ...goes both ways)
Saran + grease 15 Sep 2022 got quote PPF + ceramic
Electrician 16 Sep 2022 got quote to update main panel and install 100 amp line to sub panel + NEMA 15-50
Car cover, mats 17 Sep 2022 ordered do-dads and what-nots.
Final quote 19 Sep 2022 got final tally and wire transfer info
1663693575663.png

waiting on: Cosmos Silver / Santa Cruz / Aero

Promised in Q4 I just got the "two weeks" cliche. Have received final tally but not bill. Thought folks might be interested in my timeline:

Ordered: 25 Dec 2021 {Zeneth Red / Tahoe / Aero}
Confirmed: 1 Mar 2022
Changed paint: 16 Mar 2022 { to Cosmos: red is too flashy } (third quarter maybe?)
Test drive: 29 Mar 2022 Short Hills, NJ
Changed interior: 1 Apr 2022 ( to Santa Cruz)
Supply chain: 12 Jul 2022 No silver paint in the cosmos ... delayed to fourth quarter
VIN 13 Sep 2022 "things are moving fast"
Wall Wart 15 Sep 2022 asked for a Lucid wall wart (aka "Betty" ...goes both ways)
Saran + grease 15 Sep 2022 got quote PPF + ceramic
Electrician 16 Sep 2022 got quote to update main panel and install 100 amp line to sub panel + NEMA 15-50
Car cover, mats 17 Sep 2022 ordered do-dads and what-nots.
Final quote 19 Sep 2022 got final tally and wire transfer info
View attachment 4789
It seem on the latest Bear's flyover(Sept. 19) there are couple of silver ones on the lot. They look like 19" wheels.

There are at least 2 just like that with 19" wheels on the lot. I have 21" wheels on mine, didn't see any of those
OK, I see 'em. From the center of the frame, move right to the post-production lot. First row, 6th car down from top looks to be Cosmos Silver + Aero ; second row, third car down likewise.
My dealer, some call him "Tim", tells me it's there.

Screenshot (13).png

Went to school in Cambridge! Is the Asgard still there?
My car delivery was messed up for over a week. Many exhausting excuses were given. Just received a call from Seaport studio. Car has arrived and am picking it up tomorrow at 10am.
Hope to get together and meet other Lucid owners.

My GT arrived today at the Seaport Boston studio.
Orientation and driving it home tomorrow morning.
Finally.
Worth the wait.
Hope to meet up with Lucid owners soon in Massachusetts. 🥳
Update: delivery delayed for over a week. Many excuses given. Car arrived today at Seaport studio Boston. Picking it up tomorrow 🥳

Update: delivery delayed for over a week. Many excuses given. Car arrived today at Seaport studio Boston. Picking it up tomorrow 🥳
Has Lucid completed the registration on your car?

I don't understand why they have so much trouble registering cars in Massachusetts. If they have an agent in the state walk the papers to the registry, it should be done in an hour, not multiple weeks. Since I was transferring plates from my old car, I signed the waiver for Lucid to release the car without registration. Put the plates on, carrying the registration for my old car, a copy of the application for new registration, and a printout of the law that says you get a grace period when you transfer plates. I'm wondering how long it will take the actual registration to show up now.

My GT arrived today at the Seaport Boston studio.
Orientation and driving it home tomorrow morning.
Finally.
Worth the wait.
Hope to meet up with Lucid owners soon in Massachusetts. 🥳
Congratulations!
I am supposed to pick one up from there next week. Were they able to get you registered and sent home with a plate? There seems to be some confusion about the registration process and I can't quite get a straight answer. I signed the release waiver despite sending the RMV paperwork in early last week with proof of insurance and power of attorney to register etc. idk.
Hope to see these machines in the wild!

Edit: Just saw Maractwin's reply. Ugh.

It's now been three weeks since I overnighted the registration papers back to Lucid. Still no action on the registration. Until I receive that, I can't get it inspected or get a resident parking permit. And that missing inspection sticker might get noticed and cause trouble for me.

It's now been three weeks since I overnighted the registration papers back to Lucid. Still no action on the registration. Until I receive that, I can't get it inspected or get a resident parking permit. And that missing inspection sticker might get noticed and cause trouble for me.
Picked up my car this morning. I was not allowed to drive it home until I receive my plates so they drove it home.
I sat in the passenger seat. Beautiful ride.
Now it sits in my garage until I receive my registration and plates. ?1-2 weeks?
I was told Massachusetts is the most difficult to register via Lucid in California.

Congratulations!
I am supposed to pick one up from there next week. Were they able to get you registered and sent home with a plate? There seems to be some confusion about the registration process and I can't quite get a straight answer. I signed the release waiver despite sending the RMV paperwork in early last week with proof of insurance and power of attorney to register etc. idk.

Massachusetts is the most difficult to get registered via Lucid in California. They have to register it, send our sales tax $$.
Was told Massachusetts will mail me my plates and registration. Takes 1-2 weeks? So it sits in my garage till then. 😒

Ugh! Crazy we have to wait that long.

Congratulations!

Summer at Lucid had to drive it home. I can’t drive it till I receive plates and registration.
Beautiful car! Amazing ride.
Can’t wait to drive it.

Back