Delivery False Start

I posted a similar experience on another thread, and it was suggested that share my experience on this one as well, since it was so similar. Aside for the car's issue, my overall interaction with the Riveira SERVICE CENTER was an 8 out of 10-point system. From the start, they appeared to have a sense of urgency in resolving the issue, but their effort was hampered by early on due to a lack of initial communication between what I reported to the customer service call center in regard to the problem and what they (customer service) reported to the actual service center about my car's issue. That resulted in almost a week delay from the first time I called them to make sure they received the car and had the correct info on what was happening, to the follow up a week later, when I called to question the status, only to find out that the initial information received from Customer service was far less than I had given them at the start. From there, you add another week to diagnose it with the new information I passed on, then another week to ship what I believe, was the low voltage battery, to repair the car. From my understanding, that did not work, so it took another week to ship a high voltage battery because the low voltage one didn't fix the issue. Once it arrived it took another week to install and check it that it was working.

AS FOR HERTZ AND RENTAL, Customer Service did a great job and at the beginning and offered to bring me a rental or setup up one at a nearby location, which I did. Upon arrival at Hertz, there was no hassle, I chose the car I wanted and was not limited to a compact or mid-size. At one point I even moved from a sedan to a SUV to better fit our needs. Al in All, I'm trusting that they will identify their issue and address them before it gets out of hand, and they fall too far behind in the process. Bottom line, while I am still waiting for them to resolve some less frustrating problems, I still love my car. Sadly, since they have yet announced when they plan to release the autonomous driving, I have no choice but to cancel the 2-GT's that are scheduled to be delivered to me in November.

"I am not much of a blogger, but after reading some of these posts, I think it's time to try and get some insight as to what's going on with my car. I took delivery in June, and it currently has just over 5 K miles on it. I have had a Tesla X as well as a S P-85, and enjoyed them both, as long as we were in town. Since we have owned them, I feel somewhat EV knowledgeable as to how they operate and perform. We LOVE, our LUCID to the point that I have 2 more set for delivery next month, but I am getting a bit nervous and hope they resolve the issues with the one I have before the other ones get here. Last month, our Grand Touring decided to stop in the middle of the road on a Sunday, fortunately it was a pretty quiet street, so we weren't in danger of getting ran over. We had to call customer service to get a reboot and allow us to continue on. The following day, it stopped abruptly again, this time on a busier street displaying a 12-volt error code. We couldn't push, pull, or drive it out of the way. Wrecker had to come and drag it up on a flatbed because it would not jump for the poles behind the passenger wheels or even roll. Both times a warning came on the dash, with the first one saying something like: FATAL ERROR pull over and call customer service. We were doing about 25 mph and it didn't give us time to do anything, as it stopped dead in its tracks! Nothing worked, no lights, windows, doors, etc. so we had to call customer service. They managed to reboot it, so we returned it to the house. The next morning, my Wife had no choice but to use the car as she had a doctor's appointment. She got 3 miles down the road, and a different warning light popped up, saying 12 V battery error, pull over, call Customer Service. Again, it stopped dead in its tracks, wouldn't roll, nothing! The flashers worked for about 20 minutes before they died, so there it set in the middle of the road blocking cars in both directions. We called customer service, who called another customer service, who called us back to arrange for a flatbed to come tow the car to Riviera Beach.

I still love my car, but it has now been there a month. Customer service, while cordial, hasn't been able to really nail down and explain why they haven't been able to resolve my issue. I believe I have been patient; I understand things happen, and there will be inconveniences with new things. However, when I combine the ongoing issue with my shock/tilt alarm that has gone off regularly since I have had it, inconsistent charging problems, and harness issues that make the dash lights go out on occasion, it may be time for someone to squeeze the lemon and replace it. 😂"

Back