Delay when using Mobile App

Question for the group. When you all open your Lucid App (iPhone), how long does it take before your car is functional?

When I use my app, it sits in waking up status for about a minute. Then 9 times out of 10 says it is taking longer than usual with a retry prompt. Which after pressing the button and waiting another 10 seconds or so usually allows me to control functions on the car (i.e. Turn on AC).

Are you all experiencing this much of a Delay? I ask because with the South FL heat, I have to turn the air on 15-20 min before getting in or I’m sweating the majority of the time in the car. In my 2+ months of owning my car I’ve always had this issue, but as it gets hotter it’s becoming more of an annoyance. Don’t know if it is my car or just a common issue. I previously had to replace the CCC as the internal screens weren’t properly functioning. Curious if this is another issue I need to get resolved, or if it is just a slow functioning app in general.

Thanks all.

Question for the group. When you all open your Lucid App (iPhone), how long does it take before your car is functional?

When I use my app, it sits in waking up status for about a minute. Then 9 times out of 10 says it is taking longer than usual with a retry prompt. Which after pressing the button and waiting another 10 seconds or so usually allows me to control functions on the car (i.e. Turn on AC).

Are you all experiencing this much of a Delay? I ask because with the South FL heat, I have to turn the air on 15-20 min before getting in or I’m sweating the majority of the time in the car. In my 2+ months of owning my car I’ve always had this issue, but as it gets hotter it’s becoming more of an annoyance. Don’t know if it is my car or just a common issue. I previously had to replace the CCC as the internal screens weren’t properly functioning. Curious if this is another issue I need to get resolved, or if it is just a slow functioning app in general.

Thanks all.
It takes me between 45-60 seconds without fail but 9 of 10 times it works. I've had my car 18 months and the app is the worst part of the experience by far. Just pitiful.

Thanks all.
If you are using an iPhone create a Shortcut that you can put on your Home Screen or in a widget. You can then tap it without having to wait. It still in theory takes the same amount of time to wake and set the vehicle, but you don't have to wait for the app to become functional before doing so.

33 seconds just now. This feels about normal to me. Have you tried the Siri shortcuts? That might be less frustrating, even if it still takes just as long at least you don’t have to wait for the buttons to become usable.
IMG_0924.webp

33 seconds just now. This feels about normal to me. Have you tried the Siri shortcuts? That might be less frustrating, even if it still takes just as long at least you don’t have to wait for the buttons to become usable.
View attachment 21725
That's pretty cool (no pun intended). Obviously I know you have an iPhone. But do you know if these types of commands are available on Android? I can't stand the app delay to wake the car and use the buttons

View attachment 21725
Disregard. I just found it and will definitely try it!

Ugh 🙄

Sure hope it works better for iPhone than Alexa

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240708_112648_Amazon Alexa.webp
    Screenshot_20240708_112648_Amazon Alexa.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 52
It takes too long, to the point that I barely use the app. I've tried all sorts of diagnostics to try to change the behavior (repairing, rebooting, resetting, using a different phone, just about everything I can think of), and nothing seems to improve the behavior—I did, however, manage to "break" it several times.

Thanks all.
It takes a full minute or more usually. Sometimes (and of course at the most inconvenient times) it can take a full two minutes!
They need to fix the app response time. It's BAD.

I suspect the way it's designed today its doing the following

1. App opens and sends a command via the cloud to wake the vehicle
2. Lucid sends an SMS to the vehicle to wake it
3. When the vehicle wakes up it connects to the cloud and responds.
4. The app disables the command UI buttons to the vehicle until it gets a response that the vehicle is awake.

The problem here is that you're at the mercy of your cell service and how quickly the SMS (I believe) gets through and the vehicle wakes up. While that's happening the main page of the app is non-functional. Hopefully Lucid will modify the app to still be responsive to vehicle commands and "cache" them until the vehicle is awake, allowing the user to quickly send commands without waking for the app. (Seems like that should be possible since Siri Shortcuts do that)

I suspect the way it's designed today its doing the following

1. App opens and sends a command via the cloud to wake the vehicle
2. Lucid sends an SMS to the vehicle to wake it
3. When the vehicle wakes up it connects to the cloud and responds.
4. The app disables the command UI buttons to the vehicle until it gets a response that the vehicle is awake.

The problem here is that you're at the mercy of your cell service and how quickly the SMS (I believe) gets through and the vehicle wakes up. While that's happening the main page of the app is non-functional. Hopefully Lucid will modify the app to still be responsive to vehicle commands and "cache" them until the vehicle is awake, allowing the user to quickly send commands without waking for the app. (Seems like that should be possible since Siri Shortcuts do that)
I'm pretty sure your steps are correct. However, there are lots of other apps that work in a similar fashion, yet their performance isn't plagued by timeouts and unacceptable delays. If the wake-up process is the slowest (I suspect it is), then maybe there is a way to mimic what modern-day TVs do when they are "off". They aren't really "off" but kinda like in a light sleep and can speedily wake up so you aren't waiting on your picture to show up. There is a drawback since this means there is a consistent but small power draw to keep it in the light sleep state.

I'm pretty sure your steps are correct. However, there are lots of other apps that work in a similar fashion, yet their performance isn't plagued by timeouts and unacceptable delays. If the wake-up process is the slowest (I suspect it is), then maybe there is a way to mimic what modern-day TVs do when they are "off". They aren't really "off" but kinda like in a light sleep and can speedily wake up so you aren't waiting on your picture to show up. There is a drawback since this means there is a consistent but small power draw to keep it in the light sleep state.
The car wake issues plague more than just the app in my opinion. Personally, I believe the countless unlock and lock issues are also due to the lack of responsiveness from the car during this sequence (although could be the cloud as well). I believe it’s the car though given the fob can take some time to open the car as well.

To OPs question though, about a minute until I get an error or success within the app. My success rate is probably 50%.

The car wake issues plague more than just the app in my opinion. Personally, I believe the countless unlock and lock issues are also due to the lack of responsiveness from the car during this sequence (although could be the cloud as well). I believe it’s the car though given the fob can take some time to open the car as well.

To OPs question though, about a minute until I get an error or success within the app. My success rate is probably 50%.

Unlocking etc. via the fob is direct with the vehicle and not via the cloud. At least on my vehicle it's pretty instant when I walk up to it. I do however see the delay in the app via the cloud to wake it. up, which for me usually takes around 30 seconds.

Unlocking etc. via the fob is direct with the vehicle and not via the cloud. At least on my vehicle it's pretty instant when I walk up to it. I do however see the delay in the app via the cloud to wake it. up, which for me usually takes around 30 seconds.
Right, which is why I said that I’m pretty sure it’s on the cars side since I have issues with the fob as well. 9/10 times I make it to my vehicle, tap the door handles, do a dance, 10 pushups then the car opens. In all seriousness there’s typically about a 20-30 second delay before my car doors open.

Right, which is why I said that I’m pretty sure it’s on the cars side since I have issues with the fob as well. 9/10 times I make it to my vehicle, tap the door handles, do a dance, 10 pushups then the car opens. In all seriousness there’s typically about a 20-30 second delay before my car doors open.
Wow yeah that’s not right for the Fob.

Im

Thanks all.
same issue for me this morning.

I'm not exactly sure what to classify this under but I've been seeing some really strange behavior lately.
For example, I've noticed that the car seems to be really slow to respond with updates in certain parts of the app. I went to the beach and parked, spent a bunch of time setting up the wagon, getting the kids out and the wagon loaded and when I opened the app, I could see the doors, frunk and trunk open but the car status was listed as driving....Once I closed everything up, the status was the same so I was a bit nervous on whether or not it would actually lock/unlock but it did just fine. I attempted the Air logo reboot and the car reported the same driving status when it was back online. I've seen this exact issue now a few times and don't know what to make of it.
Later when I tried to connect to pre-condition for the drive home, it just said 'Vehicle Offline', a status which I've seen elsewhere and I'm also now seeing at my office where I've always had great cell coverage. I'm not sure if these two things are related, but I could see where they might be.

My phone as a key has also lately been mostly non-functional, I have to open the app and press in the door handle to get it to unlock >95% of the time so I've been much more reliant on connecting through the app and its possible this has always been a problem that I've just not noticed. Has anyone seen anything similar with the latest update 2.2.10?

I've tried the lock and walk away and the Air logo reboot, wondering if there is something else I should do before I attempt to get it looked at.

No, just that he plans to be here at some point the week of the 22nd and that he will get the software engineers to look at it through his laptop.

What is “CCC”?

Wife is now showing me what convertible I “should” get. I can see it now, dump the Lucid (which she will not drive, intimidates her), buy a convertible of her choosing and then my daily driver becomes her MB GLS450 which I hate.
I had my CCC replaced the first week having the car. But it was because the car would be in a default state every time I got in. And it would take about 75 seconds before the pilot screen and any of the electronic functions like backup camera would work. Air would turn on. But I had no control of anything else until it had time to reset each time. I posted about it and some other member who got their car around the same time had the same issue. The CCC replacement cleared those issues.

In regards to your mobile key, I had the same issue with my phone. I resolved it myself though. Erase any bluetooth connections you have to your Lucid on your phone. And Erase the mobile key on the car as well. Then re-pair it from scratch. You should have two Lucid pairings. The first is Lucid 123 for example. Then the second is 01123 or some 5-digit code. That’s the key to the car. The former 3-digit is connected to the radio and whatnot.

I had my CCC replaced the first week having the car. But it was because the car would be in a default state every time I got in. And it would take about 75 seconds before the pilot screen and any of the electronic functions like backup camera would work. Air would turn on. But I had no control of anything else until it had time to reset each time. I posted about it and some other member who got their car around the same time had the same issue. The CCC replacement cleared those issues.

In regards to your mobile key, I had the same issue with my phone. I resolved it myself though. Erase any bluetooth connections you have to your Lucid on your phone. And Erase the mobile key on the car as well. Then re-pair it from scratch. You should have two Lucid pairings. The first is Lucid 123 for example. Then the second is 01123 or some 5-digit code. That’s the key to the car. The former 3-digit is connected to the radio and whatnot.
If anyone would like more information on this re-pairing procedure, I did a video on it. You will find a link to it at www.lucidupdates.com.

Back