Dear Lucid Software Engineers…

JustaDreamer

Cars
Lucid GTA, Plaid Model X
I took delivery of my Grand Touring today. I am coming from a Tesla Model X and Model 3 so I have fairly high expectations. I think we’d both agree that the Lucid has a ton of potential but is still a work in progress on the software side. Here are a few easy ways to show some refinement that I discovered on my 300 mile drive home:

- if the car is in park and the driver door is open, don’t let the wipers operate. (I plugged in at a charger while it was raining and, when I opened the door to hop in the car, the delay wipers went off and drenched me and the driver door interior.)
- give me a way to filter search results for L3 fast chargers on the nav (I was 15 miles away from a fast charger but, when I tapped the “Charging” icon, there were so many L1/L2 chargers nearby that I scrolled to the end of the list and my L3 charger didn’t make the cut.)
- please give me an option to not get alerted until I’m x miles over the speed limit. I typically drive a few miles above the limit and I’m already beginning to ignore the notification.
- your “automatic time zone” feature continually reverts to Pacific Time. I had to manually select Central Time to not lose my mind.
- give me easy access to “Maintain Cabin Temp” when I put the vehicle in park
- your Surround Camera is really great! It literally looks like a real-time drone shot. Except for the fact that my car is black and the one on the camera is silver. Who’s car is that? Not mine. (Same for the Home Screen)
- The current UI makes incoming text messages appear as though they are incoming phone calls. A few simple UI tweaks could easily identify them as text messages.
- for the love of God, please turn down the blinker sound. 🙏🏼

I’m excited to see what you can do in the near future. I’m rooting for you!

It's also important to be able to filter fast chargers by power level (150kW or greater) and by charging network, if you have that luxury.

Isn't maintain cabin temp like 3 clicks away, climate, maintain temp, confirm?

I am starting to hope that my car gets delivered at the end of the estimated window, so they can work this stuff out. Some of the quirks are head scratchers.

I am starting to hope that my car gets delivered at the end of the estimated window, so they can work this stuff out. Some of the quirks are head scratchers.
Its not that bad and OTA updates are easy. They got some big updates coming soon so hopefully it will be solid once you get yours.

I have reserved the Touring, which will not be delivered till 3rd or 4th qtr., and I'm really glad it is that late, for the same reason.

If it helps, you do stop noticing the blinker sound rather quickly.

It could be me, but I have never found the sound to be annoying. Certainly not something that is melodic either, but I just have never thought about it much.

It could be me, but I have never found the sound to be annoying. Certainly not something that is melodic either, but I just have never thought about it much.
I find the force that it takes to activate the blinkers much more than my other cars and annoying. Oh, and the sound is also annoying but so are some other cars. :)

I find the force that it takes to activate the blinkers much more than my other cars and annoying. Oh, and the sound is also annoying but so are some other cars. :)
I'll agree that the sensitivity around partially activating, activating and turning off is a bit strange. I find myself thinking that I have turned it off, only to realize that it's still on. Perhaps if I found the sound more annoying, I'd realize it more quickly :).

What's more annoying are posts like this.

Back