Dashboard Power Gauge--What are the numbers?

girolamo

Cars
Porsche PTT, BMW M3, LGT
Hi.
New owner of a Zenith Red AGT here, with a technical question. Has anyone asked Lucid or figured out what the marks (like fish scales) on the power gauge are calibrated in? I'm a scientist and like to know these things...I wish they had provided units on this or an additional/optional display as a graph. The gauge clearly is measuring power flow (aka Watts) being used or generated, but the gauge is highly nonlinear. It is very sensitive near zero (center) but increasingly insensitive past midscale. I'd kind of like to know the instantaneous Watts being used in some way.
Other observations:
Incredible handling for a large sedan
Very quiet, but the front motor whines unnecessarily loud
Seats are nicely adjustable but foam is a little too squishy
Door pulls outside feel a bit flimsy
Wish the A pillar was not so damn thick. It impedes my view of traffic and getting in and out.

...Wish the A pillar was not so damn thick. It impedes my view of traffic and getting in and out.
You do get used to moving your head around more to see past the A-pillar. On the plus side, it's a significant source of rigidity and crash protection for the body structure overall.
In the past, I had older convertibles with spider-thin A-pillars that were barely there. Perfect for vision, but the whole body would twist and shake enough to defocus the rearview mirror.

Door pulls outside feel a bit flimsy
Make sure the fascia (the color piece) is attached to the handle without a gap. One of mine wasn’t, and that’s why it felt flimsy to me. Once that was fixed it was good to go.

Wish the A pillar was not so damn thick. It impedes my view of traffic and getting in and out.
You get used to this quickly. I was annoyed by this for the first couple weeks and then I haven’t noticed it since.

Has anyone asked Lucid or figured out what the marks (like fish scales) on the power gauge are calibrated in? I'm a scientist and like to know these things...I wish they had provided units on this or an additional/optional display as a graph. The gauge clearly is measuring power flow (aka Watts) being used or generated, but the gauge is highly nonlinear. It is very sensitive near zero (center) but increasingly insensitive past midscale. I'd kind of like to know the instantaneous Watts being used in some way.
I would also but I think that the car makers won't let us. On my GV60 the usage display usually hovers around the middle unless I am doing a hard stop (regen) or rapidly accelerating. Here is what I have on my GV60:

maxresdefault.jpg

I do have a display widget that can fit where the car is in the picture above which shows which wheels are being powered. When cruising in comfort mode, the car is usually RWD. Step on the accelerator, or press the mode button to go to sport, and the car changes to all wheel drive. The display also shows how much power is going to the powered wheels with a graphic display (no numbers).

I would also but I think that the car makers won't let us. On my GV60 the usage display usually hovers around the middle unless I am doing a hard stop (regen) or rapidly accelerating. Here is what I have on my GV60:

maxresdefault.jpg

I do have a display widget that can fit where the car is in the picture above which shows which wheels are being powered. When cruising in comfort mode, the car is usually RWD. Step on the accelerator, or press the mode button to go to sport, and the car changes to all wheel drive. The display also shows how much power is going to the powered wheels with a graphic display (no numbers).
You have a GV60?
Just kidding! Looks like about 230 miles of total range?

You have a GV60?
Just kidding! Looks like about 230 miles of total range?
That is actually a stock picture, not my car. So far, for all my driving (up hill, down hill, highway, city, etc.) my car has averaged 3.1 miles per kilowatt hour. I never turn my HVAC off. The car has a 77 KWH battery and only about 75 of that is usable (the rest being saved to protect the battery). That comes out to around 232 miles of average range. If it is all highway, and I drive normally (75-80), the miles per kilowatt hour drop to around 2.7 which would mean a range of about 203 miles; for city driving I have been getting around 3.5 or so which would translate into a range of around 263 miles.

I do most of my driving in auto regen mode with regen set at the lowest setting. That lets me pretty much drive the way I have always driven. I have tried one pedal driving but I think my current method is more efficient for me since I have a blended brake pedal and I am comfortable driving the way I have always driven (although I can use the left paddle to slow and stop the car).

The range is a lot less than the Lucid. For me, for a long time, that was a deal breaker. But I finally got an electrician in who was able to get me a 50 amp line in my garage and I don't do a lot of long distance travel so the range is no longer a big issue for me. Also, the GV60 will charge, on a fast charger, from 10% to 80% in 18 minutes.

Back