DA and TA seem to have vanished

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring 2022
Continuing with that underwhelmed feeling from Lucid....

Had a test drive a few weeks ago and had some questions after reflecting on that experience.

Reached out to my DA via voice, email and text -- no response in 2 weeks. Tried contacting the original TA - no response.

Anyone else having this experience? What can be done?

I assume my finalized order from March is still in progress, I am just blind to what is going on.....

Reached out to my DA via voice, email and text -- no response in 2 weeks. Tried contacting the original TA - no response.

This is not an excuse for this, but I do know they have a very limited DA team that handles all orders, it often times can be hard to keep track of every communication.

My recommendation would be to continue to pester them until you get a response. You're the customer spending a significant amount of money on their product, in my opinion, that somewhat earns the right be "annoying" until you get a response. My worry is that they stop trying to "woo" you once they confirm they get to keep your reservation money..

Given the time of year, it may be as simple as taking some vacation time, with other employees already too busy to take over the case load. During the one-year run-up to my delivery, my Sales Advisor (who was 3 hours off my time zone) was quick to respond to voicemails or emails 7 days a week and often from home during her early morning or late evening hours. I was perfectly willing for and expecting her to answer only during her work hours, and I was astonished at how often she was working outside of them.

I suspect these customer advisors became utterly exhausted during the long build-up to product launch, and my guess is that some of them have lives that need some personal attention at this point. Given how many "Now Hiring" signs I have been seeing for months on every kind of business where I live, it may be hard for Lucid to augment its sales and delivery force right now.

I know these are just excuses but, if correct, they are understandable.

However, as mnewber1 said, keep pursuing them. You do have a legitimate expectation to get answers to reasonable questions and should not feel guilty for trying.

At the bottom of an email I received from my DA, was a link to schedule a call with them. Works well for me.

At the bottom of an email I received from my DA, was a link to schedule a call with them. Works well for me.
This^^^^^
When I have wanted to actually speak with them, I have used that link to schedule something, usually availability within 2days on the scheduler and they have always promptly called me at that time.

This^^^^^
When I have wanted to actually speak with them, I have used that link to schedule something, usually availability within 2days on the scheduler and they have always promptly called me at that time.
Yep. That was my go to solution when I wanted a conversation. Worked every time

Thanks for pointing that out - I was just going by the contact information he provided when he first introduced himself. I'll give that a shot...

This is not an excuse for this, but I do know they have a very limited DA team that handles all orders, it often times can be hard to keep track of every communication.

My recommendation would be to continue to pester them until you get a response. You're the customer spending a significant amount of money on their product, in my opinion, that somewhat earns the right be "annoying" until you get a response. My worry is that they stop trying to "woo" you once they confirm they get to keep your reservation money..
I am also aware that they have several of the team members out with COVID. Yip, its still going around.....

I suspect like with all other enterprises staff is in short supply and over-worked. My DA Mariam was based in the NYC studio, they shipped her up to Boston to help set up their new studio and she’s still there, AND she personally delivered my car to Rhode Island while also fielding my texts and also probably dealing with many other customers, and I’m sure when she was done with my delivery she likely had 1,000 texts and emails that had piled up while I was consuming her time. So I’ll cut them some slack, I never once got the impression Lucid doesn’t care about doing a good job, but I do get the impression they’re overwhelmed and still learning how to do a good job.

Second that approach. My DA said that is the best way to contact him. He is overwhelmed with emails, and calling direct is a hit or miss.

Back