Customer Support - With time-sensitive issues, just stay on hold.

Buffalo Bob

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Pure AWD 19" No Aeros
Referral Code
MAXED
The Customer Support 888 number is generally great, but when they are busy, I have given up on following their suggestion to leave a callback number, and to then await their call. Somehow, I seem to fall out of the queue. I will try it again if it's something that can wait, but not if it's something that I need to address right away. Is my experience unique?

I called around noon yesterday when I could not get my trunk to close. I had been puttering around the car with the trunk open for quite a while, and I tried pretty much everything in the car and on the app to get the trunk to close. After my unanswered Customer Support call, I went to the forum, and found that leaving the trunk open like that fr too long can only be resolved by manually pushing the trunk down to a latched position. I did that, and sure enough, it worked. I was still looking forward to their return call, because I wondered if there was not possibly a better way than forcing something that is not meant to be forced, but I have still not received my call.

Certainly not a huge problem in this case, but I have learned to just stay on hold if I really need an answer ASAP.

Text the same number. I have not waited more than 20 minutes to get a response by text. It's easier to manage on their end.

The Customer Support 888 number is generally great, but when they are busy, I have given up on following their suggestion to leave a callback number, and to then await their call. Somehow, I seem to fall out of the queue. I will try it again if it's something that can wait, but not if it's something that I need to address right away. Is my experience unique?

I called around noon yesterday when I could not get my trunk to close. I had been puttering around the car with the trunk open for quite a while, and I tried pretty much everything in the car and on the app to get the trunk to close. After my unanswered Customer Support call, I went to the forum, and found that leaving the trunk open like that fr too long can only be resolved by manually pushing the trunk down to a latched position. I did that, and sure enough, it worked. I was still looking forward to their return call, because I wondered if there was not possibly a better way than forcing something that is not meant to be forced, but I have still not received my call.

Certainly not a huge problem in this case, but I have learned to just stay on hold if I really need an answer ASAP.
You probably would have been better off asking that question here or using the search.

You probably would have been better off asking that question here or using the search.

No disagreement there. I'm speaking more to a problem that occurs on the road, or at a time/place where alternate information sources are not easy to come by. In this particular case, I cringed at the forum's suggestion to 'force' something that is not meant to be forced. Perhaps that's silly, but since it seems that the trunk does not always open as smoothly as it used to, perhaps it's not so silly after all.

I have recently had terrible results contacting service regardless of the method I tried....... Email, telephone calls to local and national numbers and text messaging. At this point I am very happy with my 22 AGT but would have trouble recommending a Lucid or buying a Gravity myself because of poor customer service.

No disagreement there. I'm speaking more to a problem that occurs on the road, or at a time/place where alternate information sources are not easy to come by. In this particular case, I cringed at the forum's suggestion to 'force' something that is not meant to be forced. Perhaps that's silly, but since it seems that the trunk does not always open as smoothly as it used to, perhaps it's not so silly after all.
But... aren't power doors (trunk, frunk, etc) normally easily able to be closed manually? They are meant to be able to be forced to close. This has been the case for every other car I've encountered, although I get that you'd want to be more careful.

I had this happen to me early on while loading the car over several hrs. CS answer was to just force it closed and it will be fine. And it was.

But... aren't power doors (trunk, frunk, etc) normally easily able to be closed manually? They are meant to be able to be forced to close. This has been the case for every other car I've encountered, although I get that you'd want to be more careful.
That's true, but I think the Air's trunk is a little more resistant to pushing than the norm. Once I read about the manual close on the forum, I went ahead and did it, but as EVs in general and Lucid in particular are both fairly new to me, I wanted to see if there was an alternate approach. I'm surprised that while the app showed the trunk as open, and asked me to verify that I wanted to close the trunk, that it still would not work. Kind of odd, IMO, but as I said... not a big deal. However, it IS a big deal to allow myself to be placed in a callback queue, and then not be called back. What if I and my car had been in a more precarious position?

Roadside assistance is there for emergencies and is a separate thing

I had the same thing happen with the trunk in the first week. After doing a few laps around the car and pointing at it like the apes in the opening scene of 2001, I decided to force it closed even though it felt bad to me to do that. I feel like the auto-close feature shouldn't time out like that, nor should it require as much force as it does to close it manually - but that's how it is I guess.

As far as customer service goes, I completely love them and have zero complaints; I've called several times and have never had to wait too long, nor have I ever been ghosted. Obviously experiences will differ - sometimes they're gonna get overwhelmed. I don't think anyone should conclude Customer Service isn't a useful resource - it really is (just try again). Spanning my ownership of 7 Audis in a row, I never felt I could call Audi NA and have a real conversation with anyone. My Lucid store experience is excellent too.

Somehow the responders to your posting have treated it as you saying that customer support is awful and that is not what I see you saying. I see you suggesting that it is better to stay on the line than to leave a call back number. In my experience, that has been true of other queues I have been a member of.

I had the same thing happen with the trunk in the first week. After doing a few laps around the car and pointing at it like the apes in the opening scene of 2001, I decided to force it closed even though it felt bad to me to do that. I feel like the auto-close feature shouldn't time out like that, nor should it require as much force as it does to close it manually - but that's how it is I guess.

As far as customer service goes, I completely love them and have zero complaints; I've called several times and have never had to wait too long, nor have I ever been ghosted. Obviously experiences will differ - sometimes they're gonna get overwhelmed. I don't think anyone should conclude Customer Service isn't a useful resource - it really is (just try again). Spanning my ownership of 7 Audis in a row, I never felt I could call Audi NA and have a real conversation with anyone. My Lucid store experience is excellent too.

Gee, I don't know what I wrote to lead you to think that I don't view customer service as a useful resource. It is a very useful resource. I'm just pointing out a potential glitch to consider when you REALLY need to talk to someone ASAP.

Somehow the responders to your posting have treated it as you saying that customer support is awful and that is not what I see you saying. I see you suggesting that it is better to stay on the line than to leave a call back number. In my experience, that has been true of other queues I have been a member of.
Yes. Thanks! Funny, as I was writing basically the same reply as you at the same time!

Back