Cross Country Trip-Dreams & Nightmares?

Retired? I don't know. Maybe. lol I'm self employed as a reality TV show editor and have no show I'm working on currently so at 58 yrs old, I may be car camping quite a bit. ;-)
OK didn't know that haha sorry :)
 
Fwiw, a “deep sleep” of the car only takes about 1-3 mins. You don’t need to wait 30.

(Also, what a story!)
I'm not sure that's correct. The tech's told me at least 10-20 minutes...but a few times I let it sleep while in the back of it (fob in faraday, turn off Halo)...you could hear things clicking off around the 10-15 minute mark. And I tried many times coming back after 5-10 minutes and it would not work. But after 20-30 it would almost always work. I feel like the "king of deep sleep" so trust me on this one. lol At least for my car...it was always at least 20 min before errors cleaared. (And car was slower to wake up, so you can tell it was deep sleeping)
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure that's correct. The tech's told me at least 10-20 minutes...but a few times I let it sleep while in the back of it (fob in faraday, turn off Halo)...you could hear things clicking off around the 10-15 minute mark. And I tried many times coming back after 5-10 minutes and it would not work. But after 20-30 it would almost always work. I feel like the "king of deep sleep" so trust me on this one. lol At least for my car...it was always at least 20 min before errors cleaared. (And car was slower to wake up, so you can tell it was deep sleeping)
Hm. There is no “DEEP_SLEEP” state I’m aware of. The car goes into a “SLEEP” state after a few minutes, after passing through the “WINK” state first.

I could be wrong, and can try to test it. You can also track the power state in Home Assistant, and as soon as it turns to “Sleep,” which takes a couple minutes, I have always found the car takes longer to boot and things work.

I’ll have to play with it and test some more.
 
Yeah, let me know what you find out...I'm curious. But stuff definitely happens after the initial 2-3 min mark. If that was it, I'd have saved a lot of random walks in random towns. lol

(I thought techs said that there are electric contact points that disengage after a period of time...something like that. And that's what it sounds like if you leave it and listen for 20ish minutes.)
 
It's one of those tricky things, because if you need it to go to sleep before resuming the trip, you wanna make sure you don't try too early where you just reset the clock and have to start all over. 😖
 
Yeah, let me know what you find out...I'm curious. But stuff definitely happens after the initial 2-3 min mark. If that was it, I'd have saved a lot of random walks in random towns. lol

(I thought techs said that there are electric contact points that disengage after a period of time...something like that. And that's what it sounds like if you leave it and listen for 20ish minutes.)
It's possible; I'd be very surprised if that wasn't represented by another state, but it's definitely possible. I'll have to do some testing for sure (I'm traveling at the moment).

Maybe @segbrk can try it on his new Gravity and report what the diffs of the API responses are, if any?
 
It's possible; I'd be very surprised if that wasn't represented by another state, but it's definitely possible. I'll have to do some testing for sure (I'm traveling at the moment).

Maybe @segbrk can try it on his new Gravity and report what the diffs of the API responses are, if any?
I haven't noticed any deep sleep reported for my Gravity in HA. Only Drive, Accessory, Monitor, Wink, Sleep.
 
I haven't noticed any deep sleep reported for my Gravity in HA. Only Drive, Accessory, Monitor, Wink, Sleep.
And no “unknown states” either, right?
 
Interesting...I just did a search and not sure where Gemini AI is getting the info, but it said that this sleep mode was improved with 3.6, which came out the day before I delivered the car to Denver SC. (I didn't see this in any release notes but makes sense...)

So it's possible we are both right. And awesome if it's true that they got this sleep mode down to 2-3 minutes. Woulda' been nice the past 3 months!! lol
 
Interesting...I just did a search and not sure where Gemini AI is getting the info, but it said that this sleep mode was improved with 3.6, which came out the day before I delivered the car to Denver SC. (I didn't see this in any release notes but makes sense...)

So it's possible we are both right. And awesome if it's true that they got this sleep mode down to 2-3 minutes. Woulda' been nice the past 3 months!! lol
In this case it's wrong (surprise surprise) or misinterpreting the only sleep mode change in the 3.6.0 patch:

"When Auto Lock & Unlock is disabled, if your vehicle is unlocked, unoccupied, and no recognized key is in range, it will now go to sleep faster to save energy."

That said, sleep mode has always been about 3-5 minutes for me at most since I took delivery in December and this isn't a new change AFAIK.
 
I finally talked with a service tech about the issue of "deep sleep" with the Gravity. Apparently, I was wrong that there is any type of "deep sleep" mode/state after the first couple minutes. (I swear someone at Lucid told me this term...I didn't make it up!) As some of you mentioned above, he stated there are basically 3 modes when shutting down: Monitor, Wink, Sleep. He said all of these happen within 1-3 minutes.

I explained how I have probably done the sleep trick more than anyone on the planet since I had to do it daily on my x-country trip for 2 months across 2 errors that bricked the car until I let it sleep for at least 15-20 minutes every time. Many times I tried cheating it and trying after 5-10 minutes and the error would not go away. The only explanation he thought could be was for some reason my car was still connecting to the app and wasn't going to full sleep mode. But I was careful to turn off everything in the car including Halo and close my app when I did these "sleep" pauses. But perhaps it was just an error with my car/iPhone/app/etc. I just know it cost me hours and a TON of stress. So...onward...and thanks for the deTECHtive work on figuring out this sleep stuff! Ha ha.

To update my trip/car experience: Since I got the major issues fixed, a day after getting the car back from Denver I got yet another error every time I start the car: "Drive system...bring to service." It's orange, not red, and I called and tech guy said it's fine and just to service when I get back home in Sept/Oct. At least the error goes away after startup most of the times...so I finally feel like I have a car without issues...mostly. ;-)
 
Just updating this thread in case anyone follows/cares. ;-)

I finished my x-country trip and and made it back to NC a month ago. I still had the "drive system error" on my screen that involved coolant for the HV battery, which seems to be semi-common. Though not an emergency, it had been on since 2 days after my last SC visit in Denver, CO in late June...so still didn't feel like a "healthy" car.

So I finally got an appt w Roswell, GA to fix this error, replace my cracked windshield and fix the hole in my bumper from a rock. (After all of my issues, they did comp the hole in the bumper issue which was much appreciated.)

Finally, after 11 months of major errors, visits to 4 SC's around country and 2 weeks at Roswell SC, I had a car with no errors, no issues...driving incredibly. Over the 11 months of ownership, I'd guess I've had a TOTAL of maybe 20-30 days without either a major issue or error on my screen. But now, I can finally turn the corner, stop complaining and enjoy my car...right....RIGHT? Bueller???

3 days. That's how long it lasted. I picked it up Monday and was car camping and Friday morning at 4 am the HVAC starts making a noise every :30 that vibrated the entire car. Sounded like the suspension was creaking or I was running over a rumble strip...but it was definitely the AC. It stopped blowing any cold air, at all, and the sound goes away if I turn off the AC.

So yeah...this is getting old...very old. Waiting to hear from SC. I'm hoping mobile can fix but betting I'll be back to SC...4 hours away.

Maybe I should have titled this thread "How Lucid is turning me from a fanboy to a complainer" in one year. LOL.
 
We just just completed a 2-week 3400 mile road trip. For the most part the car was quite dependable, other than the ever-present 5-20 second fob delays trying to unlock it.

For a day and half, I kept getting a low tire pressure warning. Even though the tire pressures displayed a consistent 44-46 like they always do (when warm). The message would pop up at random times, stay on for maybe an hour, then just go away. A few days later it just stopped happening. Tire pressures never really dropped low on any of the 4 tires. Weird.

We were using a TV streaming box + portable monitor, plugged into a USB power block that was plugged into the 2nd row 120V outlet. For a while the power kept cutting in and out. But I'm still not sure if it was the power block, or the cords, or the car. At this point I don't think it was the car, but maybe.

My left-side track pad seems to be getting flakier. There's times when I go to press the up speed button and the set speed actually clicks down instead of up. After they did that update early in the year it improved greatly but now it seems to be regressing just a bit. Still works well 90% of the time but sometimes it's frustrating.

Otherwise the car was great. This car was built for road-tripping.
 
Just updating this thread in case anyone follows/cares. ;-)

I finished my x-country trip and and made it back to NC a month ago. I still had the "drive system error" on my screen that involved coolant for the HV battery, which seems to be semi-common. Though not an emergency, it had been on since 2 days after my last SC visit in Denver, CO in late June...so still didn't feel like a "healthy" car.

So I finally got an appt w Roswell, GA to fix this error, replace my cracked windshield and fix the hole in my bumper from a rock. (After all of my issues, they did comp the hole in the bumper issue which was much appreciated.)

Finally, after 11 months of major errors, visits to 4 SC's around country and 2 weeks at Roswell SC, I had a car with no errors, no issues...driving incredibly. Over the 11 months of ownership, I'd guess I've had a TOTAL of maybe 20-30 days without either a major issue or error on my screen. But now, I can finally turn the corner, stop complaining and enjoy my car...right....RIGHT? Bueller???

3 days. That's how long it lasted. I picked it up Monday and was car camping and Friday morning at 4 am the HVAC starts making a noise every :30 that vibrated the entire car. Sounded like the suspension was creaking or I was running over a rumble strip...but it was definitely the AC. It stopped blowing any cold air, at all, and the sound goes away if I turn off the AC.

So yeah...this is getting old...very old. Waiting to hear from SC. I'm hoping mobile can fix but betting I'll be back to SC...4 hours away.

Maybe I should have titled this thread "How Lucid is turning me from a fanboy to a complainer" in one year. LOL.
They’re rated the least reliable EV for a reason.
 
Back
Top