Craft Detailing in Dedham

Dortreo

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
Tip of the hat to @FFT for noticing that Craft Detailing has now wrapped their first Lucid. Also, note how the front license plate looks. Not great but not as bad as I thought it would.

767F2A8B-730A-4F71-BDE5-8F021F689884.jpeg

One other tidbit that Kevin from Craft Detailing passed along: The DE he wrapped is for someone on the Cape. And he’s seen a red Lucid running around the Waltham/Watertown area. It sounds like @imran is from Belmont, so I wonder if that’s his.

I posted in another thread that Kevin said he always holds open slots for customers who just received their cars so they can get wrapped ASAP post-delivery. Up to now, it’s been for Tesla owners, whose deliveries keep getting delay after delay.

Reactions: FFT
One other tidbit that Kevin from Craft Detailing passed along: The DE he wrapped is for someone on the Cape. And he’s seen a red Lucid running around the Waltham/Watertown area. It sounds like @imran is from Belmont, so I wonder if that’s his.

I posted in another thread that Kevin said he always holds open slots for customers who just received their cars so they can get wrapped ASAP post-delivery. Up to now, it’s been for Tesla owners, whose deliveries keep getting delay after delay.
That may very well be me 😏. A newbie question, why would I wrap my car ? I love the color I’m getting… curious why someone in the gorgeous gold got theirs wrapped

That may very well be me 😏. A newbie question, why would I wrap my car ? I love the color I’m getting… curious why someone in the gorgeous gold got theirs wrapped
Probably only PPF, perhaps with ceramic as well. Color is not affected.

You wrap in a clear PPF (paint protection film) so it remains glossy and is protected from scratches and minor dings. Ceramic coat on top makes it hydrophobic and easy to clean as well.

As a follow-up, I just spoke with Kevin at Craft. It’s $3100 for full front, rear bumper, and rocker panel. That’s what he did for the last Lucid to come through. Full coverage is $6500. Ceramic is $1700. I called today and got an appointment for next week, so not too bad of a wait.

did you go with the full front + ceramic?

Damn, it says can’t find story? Did they change the link?

Here’s the link to Craft’s Instagram post. This is cleanest my car will ever be.

They did a great job, cut around the sensors without being asked, and have a follow-up visit at two weeks to wash the car and review their work. It’s a good shop.

I will have Kevin treat my AGT with the latest Opticoat as soon as I take delivery. He has done two of my most recent new cars. He is very particular and I trust his shop's work completely.

IMG_3047.jpg

Made a quick visit to Craft Detailing in Dedham today. @imran, they're excited to be working on your car this week!

Great work and seriously nice folks.

Back