Cost of 21’s and possible offer…

TCGT

Cars
Grand Touring
So I’m being offered a car close enough to my specs that I may take it (pending some details) but it comes with 21’s and I really need the 19’s for the mid west winters. Have been quoted $3750 to buy the 19’s (inc. balance & install) so now wondering if there’s a market for the 21’s (especially in Chicago area)? And, does anyone know the cost of those if getting from Lucid? I’ll ask my rep later but I seem to recall early days forum mentioning they are higher.

So I’m being offered a car close enough to my specs that I may take it (pending some details) but it comes with 21’s and I really need the 19’s for the mid west winters. Have been quoted $3750 to buy the 19’s (inc. balance & install) so now wondering if there’s a market for the 21’s (especially in Chicago area)? And, does anyone know the cost of those if getting from Lucid? I’ll ask my rep later but I seem to recall early days forum mentioning they are higher.
Lucid will charge you 4k to change the tires out to the 19s?

TLDR: $8400

TLDR: $8400
Wow…looks like I’ll take the 21’s and buy the 19’s separately.

Wow…looks like I’ll take the 21’s and buy the 19’s separately.
Not sure if it's different for GT wheels though, as that quote was for the DE exclusive wheels. Might be worth asking what the price is for GT rims.

i was quoted $6500 including tax for a set of 19" wheels and tires.

This sounds like a terrible idea. If I were you, I would wait for one with 19s. I’ll help you out and will take the one with 21s. 😉

Not sure if it's different for GT wheels though, as that quote was for the DE exclusive wheels. Might be worth asking what the price is for GT rims.
I at least got confirmation that the 21’s for the GT are indeed forged, but no info on price yet. Got to figure it makes sense to take the 21’s and buy the 19’s, though for those not aware, when you change sizes it has to be done at a service center due to the need to recalibrate the camera, sensors & computer. There goes the swap in the garage idea!

I at least got confirmation that the 21’s for the GT are indeed forged, but no info on price yet. Got to figure it makes sense to take the 21’s and buy the 19’s, though for those not aware, when you change sizes it has to be done at a service center due to the need to recalibrate the camera, sensors & computer. There goes the swap in the garage idea!
This is true, for now - the plan is to make it adjustable by you, but they're not there yet.

Written, guy who has 21s and 19s.

I get the sense that they have not solidified pricing…
Perhaps the pricing difference is recalibration and programming into onboard computer for efficiency, etc.

Back