Cooling Protocol

mraschko

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring; Audi Q7
After running errands on a few unseasonably warm days in the Seattle area (~90 degrees), I've landed on what seems to be a way to keep the car reasonably cool.

1) When parking use the "hold temp" feature to maintain the cabin temp around 70 degrees while I'm out of the car. This of course costs range/efficiency but I think it's worth it.
2) On returning, run the defrost on full blast for about 5 minutes
3) Switch back to auto and turn on the ventilated seat

I'm contemplating getting a 70-80% ceramic tint on the roof, but I'm not really sure that will prevent the radiant heat that necessitates turning of the defrost.

Anyway, just thought I'd share...

You can also turn on the automatic cooling/heating by tapping the little settings button on the climate screen

After running errands on a few unseasonably warm days in the Seattle area (~90 degrees), I've landed on what seems to be a way to keep the car reasonably cool.

1) When parking use the "hold temp" feature to maintain the cabin temp around 70 degrees while I'm out of the car. This of course costs range/efficiency but I think it's worth it.

I'm contemplating getting a 70-80% ceramic tint on the roof, but I'm not really sure that will prevent the radiant heat that necessitates turning of the defrost.

I also recommend putting the sun shades up when you park. Keeps the car a bit cooler.

You can also turn on the automatic cooling/heating by tapping the little settings button on the climate screen
You're talking about the "auto condition seats and steering wheel" option, right? I have that on, but I haven't noticed it actually do anything.

What does that feature do anyways?
It should turn on heated seats or cooled seats automatically when you set your internal temperature. So, if it's hot outside and you set the temp down to 62, it'll turn on the cooled seats, for example. I've found it works sporadically.

I went through the full 2022 summer in Seattle and my opinion the roof tint is a must. I got 55% ceramic done on the roof.

Lived in Houston for over 20 years so I’m well aware!

My protocol max ac auto 59 max fan 10 and make sure rear is on wait 10 minutes before getting in car

Highly recommend tinting winshield, roof, we did 55% love it!

My protocol max ac auto 59 max fan 10 and make sure rear is on wait 10 minutes before getting in car
Fully agree however I have never been able to remote start the AC without being on WiFi.

It may just be limited to me and my Phone service (T-Mobile).

I read somewhere that the Tint on the roof is heavy enough to not warrant tint but looks like I seriously need to consider it now that we know the AC is not as strong as conventional/ICE Cars.

I agree with the member who said while their Range Rover cools down in 5 minutes it could take the Air upto 20 to do the same without these other measures.

It looks like they have tried to make it better with some software updates but the system itself seems undersized for the space that needs to be cooled quickly in hot weather.

I use T-Mobile and I’ve had no problem turning on remote climate. Definitely get the tint. Even with it I still feel some heat radiating down on a hot sunny day. In Seattle.

No problem here with t-mobile turning on remote climate. But it rakes a few tries usually..

Back