- Joined
- Oct 27, 2025
- Messages
- 204
- Reaction score
- 156
- Cars
- AirGT-718S-Lightning
warning: this is a long-ish story but I've grown tired and really upset and discouraged by lucid and my vehicle..so I'm turning to seasoned lucid owners that may help out of desperation to hopefully convince me I didn't make an expensive mistake.
I'm in Canada. A few months ago, I bought a 2022 Lucid Air Grand Touring (used, from someone who had bought it directly from Lucid new)
I did my due diligence, contacted the service centre to see maintenance history etc. I still got screwed by the seller (lied about the mileage when I got there, has an unfillable plug in one of the winter tires that I didn't see until I actually took them out to install them, etc..) but that's not on Lucid
One reason I wanted to get the air GT was dreamdrive pro and hands free. That was basically essential, if not, I was probably not going grand touring (actually, I wasn't going lucid at all and going to Rivian instead).
I spoke with the Montreal Service centre, twice, to confirm the vehicle I was being not only had dreamdrive pro, but that it was activated and the "lifetime" was on it. He said yes, hands free was working and on it, etc.
I get the car, on a major highway near a major city and nothing..it doesn't come on in any way, doesn't even give me the option.
Whatever, I drive it home (8-9 hours). It never comes on, never gives me a chance to come on. I do multiple resets when I get home (air log reset, mic+x, etc.), charge it fully....update to the latest software at the time (2.8.17)...still nothing. I hit the DDPro/ACC button and only ACC is an option (if I hit the button once again, it turns off..if I hold it, it does nothing). I contact Lucid..they say that Toronto is the closest service centre and they should help me (Toronto isn't the closest, but I let them try). Toronto calls me, says it only works on the bolded/highlighted highways on the native maps/nav. I say great..there are two main highways that are like that in my area. I try it out...same thing, nothing happens.
Toronto says they'll transfer me backk to Montreal, nothing happens...Montreal ignores my calls and emails. So I give up.
Fast forward to now....I'm thinking of the CCCv2 upgrade. Turns out, the closest SC is actually in the USA (Natick). I contact Lucid to set them up as my SC so I can get ready for a CCCv2 upgrade. I also tell them about DDPro, which was never resolved. Natick contacts me and says I don't have DDPro on the vehicle (the physical components are there but not activated). I told them I was in contact multiple times with Montreal, told them I have on record (I record all my calls) with Rennie (SC advisor) saying that I have DDPro activated and on the car. Also, there are a few places that say that all 2022s have DDPro activated (which..I don't know..it is the internet after all, but I did get the same from one Lucid service centre).
So I'm still waiting on Natick.
1. Do all 2022s have DDPro activated?
2. Is there recourse from a SC advisor lying to me if point 1 isn't true and/or about what the car actually have?
To further complicate things, in my account, it says "You have no available upgrades at this time" under Upgrades -> Available, and under "My Upgrades" it says the same thing. The Natick SC said that I could purchase DDPro under those options but as mentioned, nothing is there. And "Hands Free Assist" is an option in the DD menu in the car.
thoughts?
I'm in Canada. A few months ago, I bought a 2022 Lucid Air Grand Touring (used, from someone who had bought it directly from Lucid new)
I did my due diligence, contacted the service centre to see maintenance history etc. I still got screwed by the seller (lied about the mileage when I got there, has an unfillable plug in one of the winter tires that I didn't see until I actually took them out to install them, etc..) but that's not on Lucid
One reason I wanted to get the air GT was dreamdrive pro and hands free. That was basically essential, if not, I was probably not going grand touring (actually, I wasn't going lucid at all and going to Rivian instead).
I spoke with the Montreal Service centre, twice, to confirm the vehicle I was being not only had dreamdrive pro, but that it was activated and the "lifetime" was on it. He said yes, hands free was working and on it, etc.
I get the car, on a major highway near a major city and nothing..it doesn't come on in any way, doesn't even give me the option.
Whatever, I drive it home (8-9 hours). It never comes on, never gives me a chance to come on. I do multiple resets when I get home (air log reset, mic+x, etc.), charge it fully....update to the latest software at the time (2.8.17)...still nothing. I hit the DDPro/ACC button and only ACC is an option (if I hit the button once again, it turns off..if I hold it, it does nothing). I contact Lucid..they say that Toronto is the closest service centre and they should help me (Toronto isn't the closest, but I let them try). Toronto calls me, says it only works on the bolded/highlighted highways on the native maps/nav. I say great..there are two main highways that are like that in my area. I try it out...same thing, nothing happens.
Toronto says they'll transfer me backk to Montreal, nothing happens...Montreal ignores my calls and emails. So I give up.
Fast forward to now....I'm thinking of the CCCv2 upgrade. Turns out, the closest SC is actually in the USA (Natick). I contact Lucid to set them up as my SC so I can get ready for a CCCv2 upgrade. I also tell them about DDPro, which was never resolved. Natick contacts me and says I don't have DDPro on the vehicle (the physical components are there but not activated). I told them I was in contact multiple times with Montreal, told them I have on record (I record all my calls) with Rennie (SC advisor) saying that I have DDPro activated and on the car. Also, there are a few places that say that all 2022s have DDPro activated (which..I don't know..it is the internet after all, but I did get the same from one Lucid service centre).
So I'm still waiting on Natick.
1. Do all 2022s have DDPro activated?
2. Is there recourse from a SC advisor lying to me if point 1 isn't true and/or about what the car actually have?
To further complicate things, in my account, it says "You have no available upgrades at this time" under Upgrades -> Available, and under "My Upgrades" it says the same thing. The Natick SC said that I could purchase DDPro under those options but as mentioned, nothing is there. And "Hands Free Assist" is an option in the DD menu in the car.
thoughts?