QUESTION Comps question in total loss (options and carfax help)?

ccattie

Member

Joined
Mar 15, 2025
Messages
47
Reaction score
20
Cars
2023 Air Grand Touring
My Lucid was deemed a total loss. I'm trying to see if the comps they provided are real comps. If somebody has Carfax access, could they tell me if they are clean?
These are supposed to be comps to my fully loaded Air GT. I'm curious if these are even both Grand Tourings and if they have surreal sound pro and dream drive pro.

comp1 - 50EA1GBA7PA003011
comp2 - 50ea1teaxp1004223
 
Insurance guy here.

I would only accept comparable vehicles sold by Lucid Pre Owned. You have the right to show your own comps. If they offer you less than Lucid sells the pre owned for, ask them where you can by it? They won’t be able to show you; and you’ll get your check. Usually you have 180 days to accept, the longer you sit, the more they will be likely to give what you want.
 
Not sure what state you live in. I attempted to exercise my right to appraisal but was informed "Please be advised that there is no appraisal clause on this policy. Arbitration is part of the Delaware Policy". I think something is fishy with the comps. They did not include any from Lucid, only used car lots.
 
Not sure what state you live in. I attempted to exercise my right to appraisal but was informed "Please be advised that there is no appraisal clause on this policy. Arbitration is part of the Delaware Policy". I think something is fishy with the comps. They did not include any from Lucid, only used car lots.
I'm not famliar with arbitration or any State specific things, I speak generally in that you generally have the right to accept or deny a claim settlement. Sometimes ignoring them for a week or so gets them to be more generous. Again, check any arbitration or meidation you may be in, but your policy typically defines your rights. In my experience, companies are more motivated to settle than the insured is, and the longer you make em wait, the more motivated they get because it just sits in open claims and tanks our numbers.

Another consideration, claims pay on budgets. If your carriers budget rollover is quarterly, you might find them more generours after January 1.
 
It has been over a month. Is anybody able to look up those 2 VINs?
 
Sorry, typo
comp 2 - 50EA1TEAXPA004223
 
Wow a GT with an accident and a Touring model. They're really screwing me. I might have to contact insurance commissioner or something.
 
What insurance company do you have?
 
Appreciate this thread. We were in an accident Monday. Waiting to hear from the adjuster any moment. We are in MA & will be interested to compare our results.
 
Should you be dissatisfied with their offer, definitely consider using right to appraisal to force them to hire an independent appraiser (along with you hiring one as well) to determine a more reasonable settlement. If you need a recommendation for an appraiser, shoot me a DM or an email and I'll refer you one.
 
I had hired an independent appraiser only to be told "Please be advised that there is no appraisal clause on this policy. Arbitration is part of the Delaware Policy" My only option is arbitration which I know is never fair and different from right to appraisal.
 
1767286024248.webp

We only caught the wheel well of a delivery van & this was the result. We just learned yesterday it is a total according to the adjuster. The damage never touched the tire so very disappointed. We are supposed to get a settlement offer in the next couple days.
 
View attachment 35586
We only caught the wheel well of a delivery van & this was the result. We just learned yesterday it is a total according to the adjuster. The damage never touched the tire so very disappointed. We are supposed to get a settlement offer in the next couple days.
In a collision, the car is meant to keep you safe, specifically by giving up its own life. It sounds like it did that quite successfully.

Sorry to hear about your accident, though. That’s never fun.

The reason the the front end crumples is very intentional, as it absorbs energy before it gets to you. Part of the reason the collision may have seemed so uneventful is precisely this - you were protected from feeling anything by the fact that the car crumpled, absorbing all that energy.

But given the damage, it clearly wasn’t a “tap”.

Still sucks though. Our prior GT got briefly side swiped by a truck and we got lucky that it was *only* hit by tire, and in that case the damage was actually *washable*. I literally washed it off with a ton of elbow grease. It looked *awful* though. But that was a tap, not a proper collision.
 
Thanks for your comments Borski. You are exactly right. There were 3 of us in the car and none of us felt a thing. The air bags did not even go off it was so minor. I did hope if the frame carrying the battery was not damaged it would survive but no such luck.
 
Thanks for your comments Borski. You are exactly right. There were 3 of us in the car and none of us felt a thing. The air bags did not even go off it was so minor. I did hope if the frame carrying the battery was not damaged it would survive but no such luck.
Yeah, it being totaled sucks - no question. I’m just very glad you and your people are safe. Honestly, for all the talk of technology and drivetrains and recessed lighting and Atmos… that this car is one of the safest vehicles on the road, across roughly every test, is exceptionally important to me. We’re thinking about having kids, and the idea that they’d be in a safe vehicle rather than a death trap (along with me or my wife) is very, very important to us.

Seems others tend to feel that way too; we’ve seen a lot of folks on the forum get into a collision and then immediately go out and buy another Lucid, specifically because of how it performed in the worst case.
 
Is there anybody here with a carfax account who can run 2 reports? I want to get more information on the comps I was provided with (I know one had an accident). Is there a way to tell if cars had DDPro or SSP based on the VIN or would somebody at Lucid need to look the cars up to see what options were activated?
 
Back
Top