Colorado

I’m genuinely surprised at how few Lucids I see in Boulder. I thought my car would be “exclusive” for a little bit, but not for over a year.

several round-trips to Manhattan from Philadelphia. Across the PA turnpike and up 95. No Lucids. Not a one.

Maybe they have a new paint ?

Apocalyptic Black: Dark matter is a hypothetical form of matter that appears not to interact with light or the electromagnetic field.

Still the only Lucid in Grand Junction for over 2 years now. Can't do anything stupid on the highway because I can't tell the cops "It was the other guy".

Hey Anthony. I bring mine in for it's annual in two weeks. Hopefully yours will be back home by then
Oh, mine was only in for a few days. I meant that the shop is still located at Nylund's, since there has been talk here about them getting a proper shop! But apparently not yet

I'm in Berthoud....Still haven't found one in the wild, although my wife saw one at the charging station in Boulder. What does yours look like?
Yours must be quite the spectacle in Berthoud! Mine's quantum gray, just like yours in your profile pic I believe. I did get my windows tinted though. Waiting on my black tags of course. I WFH usually but on my commute days to Denver office, I go diagonal > 36 > I25, so we just must not have crossed paths yet. And with winter (if you can call what we've had this year "winter"), she's not been out as much as I'd like. Molly (yes, that's her name) doesn't do snow, lol.

I've not charged at a public station yet, so that wasn't me! With home garage charging and the incredible range, it's just never been needed.

My wife says she's seen another lurking around Longmont, but I haven't seen it. Like Joec mentioned, I'm very surprised I've not seen more Lucids around Boulder. But fine with me, I quite enjoy knowing that I'm perplexing endless other commuters and imagining them mutter.. "what the hell is that???"

Yours must be quite the spectacle in Berthoud! Mine's quantum gray, just like yours in your profile pic I believe. I did get my windows tinted though. Waiting on my black tags of course. I WFH usually but on my commute days to Denver office, I go diagonal > 36 > I25, so we just must not have crossed paths yet. And with winter (if you can call what we've had this year "winter"), she's not been out as much as I'd like. Molly (yes, that's her name) doesn't do snow, lol.

I've not charged at a public station yet, so that wasn't me! With home garage charging and the incredible range, it's just never been needed.

My wife says she's seen another lurking around Longmont, but I haven't seen it. Like Joec mentioned, I'm very surprised I've not seen more Lucids around Boulder. But fine with me, I quite enjoy knowing that I'm perplexing endless other commuters and imagining them mutter.. "what the hell is that???"
Fantastic! We'll keep an eye out for Molly. We travel between Berthoud and Boulder quite a bit since I throw money into a pit at CU. I'm pretty sure my wife saw Joec's Lucid. She said it was white and that all the charging bays were full. Thanks, Joec. 😆

I commute to Boulder nearly every day, so we might just be missing each other. There is another pure owner in my neighborhood in Lafayette.

Anyone CO folks have thoughts on the front plate? I've been using the temp tag, but it's finally expired, so it's time for the real tags. Anyone found any other mounting options other than the mfg bracket? @ColoradoKent , you mentioned in another post somewhere you got a sticker plate somewhere?

I'm strongly considering just not bothering, but wondering what options exist now other than bolting mount to bumper.

Anyone CO folks have thoughts on the front plate? I've been using the temp tag, but it's finally expired, so it's time for the real tags. Anyone found any other mounting options other than the mfg bracket? @ColoradoKent , you mentioned in another post somewhere you got a sticker plate somewhere?

I'm strongly considering just not bothering, but wondering what options exist now other than bolting mount to bumper.
No front plate for me. Half the Teslas I see have no front plate. Shit, half the cars I see in Colorado with temp tags are months expired. I do not think the police give a rat's ass now.

I ended up having mine put on by Lucid. They have a 3D printed tool now that lines it up perfectly, at least.

I left it off on my other car, though. And no one has bothered me about it.

From what I can tell, it’s not a big risk to not have it. I’ve heard the only place you are likely to run into trouble is when parking in Denver. If they are ticketing you for the meter running out, they might just slap on an additional fine for the plate as well.

From what I can tell, it’s not a big risk to not have it. I’ve heard the only place you are likely to run into trouble is when parking in Denver. If they are ticketing you for the meter running out, they might just slap on an additional fine for the plate as well.
I wonder if that is still true. Truly, there is a plethora of people with expired plates that no one seems to care about. Years ago, under our worthless former mayor Webb, the parking nazi's would look for anything to ticket, even parking too far from the curb.

I bought a stick-on plate from https://customlicenseplates.us/ but I have yet to install it. There are many other places to buy the same thing. They are easy to put on and take off but after 2 years of having the car and no tickets, I'll leave it off. The car looks better without it anyway. And, as at other locations, there are many Teslas here without the front plate.

I bought a stick-on plate from https://customlicenseplates.us/ but I have yet to install it. There are many other places to buy the same thing. They are easy to put on and take off but after 2 years of having the car and no tickets, I'll leave it off. The car looks better without it anyway. And, as at other locations, there are many Teslas here without the front plate.
Technically, the sticker front plate is only truly legal as a physical plate substitute in California, I believe. It's not a legal substitute in Colorado. I have never seen one in the wild.

We've gone front-plate-less since October '22, and no issues. As others have noticed, lots of Teslas are going topless too. Doesn't seem to be an issue.

I was pulled over once in my X6M because I didn't have a front plate. Turns out the officer just wanted to check out my car. I owned that car for 10 years driving it regularly. Only pulled over that one time. So I decided not to put the front plate bracket on my GT.

Lol, front plate - that's funny. I've been in CO for 20 years now and have never once put a front plate on any of my cars. I absolutely refuse to deface a car with a front plate. I'd be happy to pay the nominal fine for every violation if caught.

For what it's worth, I've worked in law enforcement for 10 years now (albeit at the federal level) and work shoulder-to-shoulder with various police agencies across CO. Let's just say that the average police officer is in no hurry to pull you over for lack of a front plate. Even if you were pulled over, you could simply say it fell off or you just got your bumper repaired and haven't had a chance to get a bracket put on - the vast majority would let you off with a warning.

In 20 years, I've never once been pulled over, let alone for a lack of a front plate. Like others have mentioned, I'd wager at least 1 out of 5 cars I see lack a front plate (admittedly a purely anecdotal observation). That said, I live in the Denver metro and our LE has far more to worry about than enforcing code violations. If you live in a small mountain town, your experience would likely vary greatly from mine, admittedly.

Lol, front plate - that's funny. I've been in CO for 20 years now and have never once put a front plate on any of my cars. I absolutely refuse to deface a car with a front plate. I'd be happy to pay the nominal fine for every violation if caught.

For what it's worth, I've worked in law enforcement for 10 years now (albeit at the federal level) and work shoulder-to-shoulder with various police agencies across CO. Let's just say that the average police officer is in no hurry to pull you over for lack of a front plate. Even if you were pulled over, you could simply say it fell off or you just got your bumper repaired and haven't had a chance to get a bracket put on - the vast majority would let you off with a warning.

In 20 years, I've never once been pulled over, let alone for a lack of a front plate. Like others have mentioned, I'd wager at least 1 out of 5 cars I see lack a front plate (admittedly a purely anecdotal observation). That said, I live in the Denver metro and our LE has far more to worry about than enforcing code violations. If you live in a small mountain town, your experience would likely vary greatly from mine, admittedly.
I did just recently get a notice about the lack of front plate on my Porsche while parking in downtown Boulder. But, to your point, it was a warning only. And I only got it because I also forgot to pay for parking in that spot as well. (I got a warning about that, too.)

I definitely agree most cops, especially in urban areas, have much better things to do. But they always have the option of being a prick whenever they feel like it. It's all a matter of how comfortable you are with the risk, I suppose.

Having said that, I'm still in no rush to put that front plate on my Porsche. Wish I could take back drilling the holes in my Lucid now.

If I ever register the Lucid in WA, where we spend our summers, my plan is to leave both WA plates nestled together, and mount them in the back. Then, if I get asked about it, I'll say "But I only got one plate!", drool a little, and then hobble over to the back of the car only to 'discover' the two plates stuck together. Might get me off. That's the kind of thing you might get away with when you are old, but doesn't make up for waking up to pee three times a night.

I did just recently get a notice about the lack of front plate on my Porsche while parking in downtown Boulder. But, to your point, it was a warning only. And I only got it because I also forgot to pay for parking in that spot as well. (I got a warning about that, too.)

I definitely agree most cops, especially in urban areas, have much better things to do. But they always have the option of being a prick whenever they feel like it. It's all a matter of how comfortable you are with the risk, I suppose.

Having said that, I'm still in no rush to put that front plate on my Porsche. Wish I could take back drilling the holes in my Lucid now.
I too live in Boulder, Colorado. I have several cars and I’ve never put a front plate on any of them for decades. I carry the plate in the trunk, but so far so good.

Back