Climate Control set to Auto

Yeah I’ve had the fog randomness as you describe happen as well. What confuses me is that it will appear suddenly and also disappears quickly when you enable defrost. It’s like the system has a cycle mode that suddenly stops removing cool air from the vehicle (it’s a heat pump, right, so it’s not adding desired temperature so much as removing undesired temperature?). I’ve also noticed if you preheat the car from the app, well that works fantastic! It heats way quicker than the Mercedes did, and also the fans run much harder. But then once you get in and drive for a bit and the car has decided it’s reached the set temperature, then the weird auto mode kicks in where the fan drops very low and the footwells get cold. It’s a finicky system. I still love the crap out of the car but I think the HVAC has some room for needed tweaks via OTA as you say. I love the drive on route 9 in Vermont by the way. I went to Bennington for undergrad so I know those roads well.
Interesting that only a couple of members have experienced the fogging problem, although only a few have noticed that the HVAC does not maintain a comfortable or constant cabin temperature on Auto or Sync. Guess our vehicles are configured by Lucid differently from the vast majority of AGT's.

Interesting that only a couple of members have experienced the fogging problem . . . .

Now that it's cooling down a bit at night here in south Florida, we're finding our windshield easily fogs on the exterior surface when we park after running the A/C. For some reason, we get a lot more of it in the Lucid than in our Tesla or Honda. The interior defogger does nothing, and we have to swipe the wipers.

Interesting that only a couple of members have experienced the fogging problem, although only a few have noticed that the HVAC does not maintain a comfortable or constant cabin temperature on Auto or Sync. Guess our vehicles are configured by Lucid differently from the vast majority of AGT's.
I've experienced every one of the bugs commented on in this thread. The heating and cooling is just poorly executed. In my experience the number of different bugs and under par functionality is not acceptable.

I agree also that it's not at the top of my list as so many other bugs and functions are still missing.

I am curious, when you set to auto does it keep auto between drives? I really want the AC and temp controls to stay between drives (the backseats too). Curious if that’s just me or if that’s also part of the issues so far?

I am curious, when you set to auto does it keep auto between drives? I really want the AC and temp controls to stay between drives (the backseats too). Curious if that’s just me or if that’s also part of the issues so far?
For me, it saves it from drive to drive, yes. It also defaults to the last driver’s setting regardless of profile.

The rear climate is only triggered on when there are passengers in the seats.

Our car A/C stays in "auto" mode and holds the settings between drives.

Fascinating. Sounds like some resets or logging out and in again. Thanks!

I get the fogging and don’t understand auto or the recirculating/fresh air option. I thought I just needed to drive more to figure it out, so I’m glad but sad that it’s not just me.

Definitely a bug. It seems to work normally if you set the temp. via the Remote Climate in the app.. I was just reminded of this behavior this morning when I got into a somewhat chilly car around 6AM. Set heat to 78, but fan speed remained at a very low level at all times. After about 10 minutes, I got tired of waiting for the cabin to warm and cranked up the fan speed manually. Hopefully a future software update will correct.
How do you set the temperature in the mobile app? My app typically shows exterior temperature.

When I pre-heat the car, should I unplug the charging cable or should I leave it on so that I'll have the full 80% SOC upon departure?
I have a few rechargeable devices such as flashlights which tell me not to turn on while charging, so wondering if Lucid operates the same way.

When I pre-heat the car, should I unplug the charging cable or should I leave it on so that I'll have the full 80% SOC upon departure?
I have a few rechargeable devices such as flashlights which tell me not to turn on while charging, so wondering if Lucid operates the same way.
You can leave it plugged!

The car should activate charging when needed to keep the battery at optimal temps, the car’s battery may be too cold when you set the climate so it’s good to leave it plugged in. Here’s evidence of that here when it dropped to 26F overnight a couple days ago while I was plugged in and limit was 80%. I set the climate 20 min before I got in the car so it activated the charger.

Attachments

• IMG_2561.png
    IMG_2561.png
    419.4 KB · Views: 37
With devices such as heater running while the HV battery being charged, how would an electron know where to go, cathode, anode, or xyz?
Must've skipped that physics class.

The car should activate charging when needed to keep the battery at optimal temps, the car’s battery may be too cold when you set the climate so it’s good to leave it plugged in. Here’s evidence of that here when it dropped to 26F overnight a couple days ago while I was plugged in and limit was 80%. I set the climate 20 min before I got in the car so it activated the charger.
I still have yet to see any evidence of this tbh.
Lucid tells me this, everyone on the forum mentions this. But there's far too many times I'll be going to the car randomly and it says it has a cold battery, or charging limited due to cold battery, etc.. On top of that, my car mostly sits off even when plugged in. I rarely ever see it turn on its own to manage the battery temp.

Back