Cleaning windshield wipers?

Volund

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
So every time I do a car wash usually, I will pull up the wiper blades and give them a good wipe of debris

But I notice the Lucid tucks the wipes away underneath the front black lip/trim pierce at the top of the hood.
I didn't want to yank on it. How do I pull the wipes up so I can clean them?

Thanks!

Okay now I'm out of ideas 😁

I just gently run my microfiber towel under the wipers while lifting them off the windshield. If I'm doing a real wash, I do it while the car is soapy and with a soapy towel. If I'm doing a waterless wash, I make sure the microfiber is damp with the cleaning solution. Both methods seem to work well.

I just gently run my microfiber towel under the wipers while lifting them off the windshield. If I'm doing a real wash, I do it while the car is soapy and with a soapy towel. If I'm doing a waterless wash, I make sure the microfiber is damp with the cleaning solution. Both methods seem to work well.
I'll try that. I'll have to open the frunk then.

Probably no way around it

I don't open the frunk. Just barely lift the wiper off the glass enough to slide the towel underneath.
Your wipers don't tuck underneath? I can't lift them because they're under the black trim piece at the bottom of the windshield

I clean my wiper blades with a paper towel and rubbing alcohol. It removes carbon deposits that impair solid wiper blade contact. Also, treat the windshield with Aquapel. I have submitted a request to Lucid to disable the wipers upon exiting and closing the door to prevent the blades from sweeping automatically unless the wipers are turned off before exiting. Most other cars disable the sweep to prevent wipers from operating and scratching the windshield with grit that may have accumulated while idle and or from sweeping when frozen to the windshield in cold weather.

Back