Charging Stops before reaching to setup percentage

phantomias

Hi Everyone,
My car charging stops all of the sudden before reaching out to setup percentage( in that case 85%) After 2-3 minutes it starts to continue to charge again. This has been happening very often after latest mobile application update. Did anyone face similar issue? Any idea what could be the reason?

Attachments

• IMG_0510.png
    IMG_0510.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
Hi Everyone,
My car charging stops all of the sudden before reaching out to setup percentage( in that case 85%) After 2-3 minutes it starts to continue to charge again. This has been happening very often after latest mobile application update. Did anyone face similar issue? Any idea what could be the reason?
What are you using to charge? Is it getting too hot?

How about the plug to the mobile charger?
Last night I put the car on charger before going to sleep. Target was 80%. When i woke up, the car was charged from 26% until 70%. So again it didnt make it. I started the charging from my mobile app manually again until 80%. Once it is finished, i checked both plug as well as metal pipe where power cables go and connects the plug to the breaker. Both were warm but not crazy warm.

Last night I put the car on charger before going to sleep. Target was 80%. When i woke up, the car was charged from 26% until 70%. So again it didnt make it. I started the charging from my mobile app manually again until 80%. Once it is finished, i checked both plug as well as metal pipe where power cables go and connects the plug to the breaker. Both were warm but not crazy warm.
Do you have scheduled charging setup? Also how much power if your charger supplying? I can't get 64% in the 12 hours mine is setup for.

Last year I was having problems like this. I finally started leaving my phone and keyfob in another part of the house (so I wouldn't wake the car and change what was happening) and going to check on the car, and eventually caught it. The Lucid logo on the charging cable was blinking red instead of solid white. And the 14-50 wall plug was hot! It's a shame that the red blinking didn't continue until you unplugged the cable to indicate where the problem was, rather than stopping when it cooled down. That's why it took me ages to diagnose the problem: an hour after the overheat, there is no indication why things stopped and it was cool again.
Anyway, I decided at that point to install a hard-wired wall charger (I got a ChargePoint Flex). The electrician who did the original 14-50 outlet claimed that he used an appropriate device, but I'm not sure I believe him.

Do you have scheduled charging setup? Also how much power if your charger supplying? I can't get 64% in the 12 hours mine is setup for.
Yes I have scheduled charging setup at every morning at 5.00 am but yesterday night I started early just before going to bed. My mobile app was showing 5 hours 35 mins to reach from 26%-80% (Around 50 kw juice) I have 40 Amp breaker and Lucid Mobile Charger pulls around 9kwh in average

Last year I was having problems like this. I finally started leaving my phone and keyfob in another part of the house (so I wouldn't wake the car and change what was happening) and going to check on the car, and eventually caught it. The Lucid logo on the charging cable was blinking red instead of solid white. And the 14-50 wall plug was hot! It's a shame that the red blinking didn't continue until you unplugged the cable to indicate where the problem was, rather than stopping when it cooled down. That's why it took me ages to diagnose the problem: an hour after the overheat, there is no indication why things stopped and it was cool again.
Anyway, I decided at that point to install a hard-wired wall charger (I got a ChargePoint Flex). The electrician who did the original 14-50 outlet claimed that he used an appropriate device, but I'm not sure I believe him.
Wauw thank you for the info! Next time this happens again i will go to garage directly to see if I will see any error at the charger or not. So far I didnt see it but will doublecheck this again.

Back