Charging network preference

Halodde

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Referral Code
BJ2URGEK
I feel foolish posting this. But I just had the CCC replaced in my car this week and it wiped out all of my previous settings of course. So my dumb question is how do you tell the car when using navigation that you only want it to plan stops at Electrify america? Mine keeps planning stops at other charging networks that I don't want to use right now.

I might not be remembering correctly, but I think before the CCC change, I had it set to only plan stops at Electrify America unless I told it to do otherwise. Any help would be appreciated LOL

It's funny. I wrote this up for someone a couple days ago, so I just had to cut and paste...

Launch navigation on the top tight area of the upper screen, and then use the drag down feature (if necessary) to get the navigation on the big screen. Click on the blue charging selection button, and toggle the EA only app. There is also a filter area where you could select only EA. The app will then plan EA only to the extent possible, but will let you know if it cannot plot the route with only EA.

It's funny. I wrote this up for someone a couple days ago, so I just had to cut and paste...

Launch navigation on the top tight area of the upper screen, and then use the drag down feature (if necessary) to get the navigation on the big screen. Click on the blue charging selection button, and toggle the EA only app. There is also a filter area where you could select only EA. The app will then plan EA only to the extent possible, but will let you know if it cannot plot the route with only EA.

Ha! Just reread it, and noticed that I sent it to you typos and all. I could have at least fixed them the second time around...

Launch navigation on the top right area of the upper screen, and then use the drag down feature (if necessary) to get the navigation on the big screen. Click on the blue charging selection button, and toggle the EA only button on. There is also a filter area where you could select only EA among a whole lot of choices. The app will then plan EA only to the extent possible, but will let you know if it cannot plot the route with only EA.

Thanks for the reply. Well maybe I did something wrong. I did what you're describing. Then I selected my destination it's still planned a stop at a non-electrify America station.

But since I had time to kill on this drive I actually called customer service and stayed on hold until they answered. The representative who I spoke with said what I'm asking for is currently not available. Evidently you can only tell it to stop at EA specifically when you're navigating directly to that charging station. Otherwise, if you put in a destination and allow it to select the charging stations, it selects the charging station that it feels is best for your trip whether it's Electrify America or not

So I guess I clearly was not remembering correctly from before they replaced the CCC

That's funny. I was sure it would only go non-EA when it could come up with no alternative, as it did on a recent trip in Northern Arizona & Southern Utah where there was only one ChargePoint location. Other than that one time, we never had that happen between one 3,000 mile trip and another 1,500 mile trip. Actually, come to think of it, there was one time when the navigation was insisting on a ChargePoint stop one the western outskirts of Boise, when we were going to drive past two EA stops just a few miles before. I joked with my wife that some programmer had a friend or relative who owned that station.

There is one other possibility... I have found that hitting 'end trip' does not necessarily clear the old spots out of memory, and they keep coming back. To clear it, I put in a different destination, cleared that, and then went back to the original one.

I'll give that a try next time. In my specific case, I think it was directing me to a non-ea station because there is EV charging at the rest areas on I-90 in New York now. I would have had to get off the interstate to go to the EA station but it's only about a mile off the road

It definitely selects EA stations for me when navigating, if it can find them.

I'll give that a try next time. In my specific case, I think it was directing me to a non-ea station because there is EV charging at the rest areas on I-90 in New York now. I would have had to get off the interstate to go to the EA station but it's only about a mile off the road

It's very hard for me to believe that Lucid's inbuilt navigation would factor the need to exit a tollway into the equation. I still think that the original routing was never fully cleared.

It's very hard for me to believe that Lucid's inbuilt navigation would factor the need to exit a tollway into the equation. I still think that the original routing was never fully cleared.
I agree. That has happened to me before, too.

Back