CHAOS: CHarging Automatically on Solar (new open source project)

I'm hoping it will arrive this year. Enphase has one bidirectional EVSE shipping (the AC-coupled IQ 2), and another due later in 2026 (a DC-coupled unit).
SigEnergy and dcbel have demonstrated DC-coupled V2X with several EV models, though not yet officially supported by the car manufacturers.

GM, Kia/Hyundai. Volvo, Polestar, someday Lucid?
That's the Holy Grail that many on the forum have been waiting for... Lucid promised this functionality years ago but has not delivered. If Enphase does produce a bidirectional EVSE that works with the Lucid Air, I hope that @DeaneG will report it here 😁
 
That's the Holy Grail that many on the forum have been waiting for... Lucid promised this functionality years ago but has not delivered. If Enphase does produce a bidirectional EVSE that works with the Lucid Air, I hope that @DeaneG will report it here 😁
I think Enphase already has (my IQ 2 EVSE). I'm guessing that incomplete V2X industry regulations and software have been holding it back. Likely the same situation for Lucid, Volvo, Polestar.
 
I think your solution will find a lot of interest and use. Tesla's solar ecosystem seems to be the most common type in my neighborhood.
I agree.
 
I think Enphase already has (my IQ 2 EVSE). I'm guessing that incomplete V2X industry regulations and software have been holding it back. Likely the same situation for Lucid, Volvo, Polestar.
I agree again!
 
you are starting from scratch then purchasing EVSE with this capability is certainly the simplest solution.
OK yes that's true. In Germany there are not many with lucid before. But most of them have different wallbox and not tesla wall. So like out 6 x zappi from myenergi for example does that out of the box. Is not interested which car is connected.

But I can understand that's different in the states.
 
Back
Top