Changes to recent production cars.

PolarAir

I test drove a brand new Air (VIN 58xx) yesterday and noticed a few changes from previous versions:

1. The center screen retraction/extension is much quieter and smoother.
2. The charging door mechanism has been revised and is smoother.
3. The roof has a darker tint. It apparently also has a new UV filter layer.

This VIN didn't have the updated 2.x UX, but did have the "preparation" updates.

Curious about the charging door because mind was always smooth. What the difference?

Didn't notice a difference on the charging door between the test driver and my car (delivered 10/22)- except that mine won't open from the outside. Minor nit, and hopefully will be taken care of when they come and fix the other small delivery issues.

Didn't notice a difference on the charging door between the test driver and my car (delivered 10/22)- except that mine won't open from the outside. Minor nit, and hopefully will be taken care of when they come and fix the other small delivery issues.
Definitely comparing this to cars older than yours. My point of reference is the preproduction cars.

Out of spec review guy didn’t know that charging door is openable from outside. Just wondering, if you tried tapping on the bottom right corner ?

Out of spec review guy didn’t know that charging door is openable from outside. Just wondering, if you tried tapping on the bottom right corner ?
Out of Spec guy was very confused about the port. It can be opened and closed from the outside by tapping the bottom right to open and just nudging it up to close. There's also a shortcut button in the far left control screen that both opens and closes the door. Compared to his model, the new door sits much further from the body when opened. The one I drove had at least a centimeter of clearance at the bottom of the door.

Out of Spec guy was very confused about the port. It can be opened and closed from the outside by tapping the bottom right to open and just nudging it up to close. There's also a shortcut button in the far left control screen that both opens and closes the door. Compared to his model, the new door sits much further from the body when opened. The one I drove had at least a centimeter of clearance at the bottom of the door.
What’s funny is I’m almost positive my car was built in the same week the one Kyle tested was, and my charging port door had plenty of clearance. (And my car had the same warped rear window brake light trim his did, quick fix by service).

Tapping bottom anywhere works.

according to the VIN decoder, vehicles starting with 58 are manufactured by Cross Trailers. All Lucids supposedly start with 50.

I have had the same issue with outside release for the charging door. They are supposed to call to schedule a fix when they have someone in the Naples Fl area but that have been waiting for three weeks. Everything else is fine. Mike

I test drove a brand new Air (VIN 58xx) yesterday and noticed a few changes from previous versions:

1. The center screen retraction/extension is much quieter and smoother.
2. The charging door mechanism has been revised and is smoother.
3. The roof has a darker tint. It apparently also has a new UV filter layer.

This VIN didn't have the updated 2.x UX, but did have the "preparation" updates.
How does the darker tint on the glass roof look? Do you notice reduced heat from sun?

Back