Center console malfunction

DuaneCorcoran

Cars
Lucid Air Dream
DE Number
Has anyone else had issue with center console not retracting? I have intermittent issue where it clicks but does not move

No. Haven’t really heard that one. Try rebooting? If that doesn’t fix the issue, I’d ask for a service visit.

Sounds like a motor issue. You'd be the first I've heard of, sorry to hear it though!

No. Haven’t really heard that one. Try rebooting? If that doesn’t fix the issue, I’d ask for a service visit.
Do you mean powering down and back up? The problem has happened on separate sessions. We’re you referring to some other procedure?

Do you mean powering down and back up? The problem has happened on separate sessions. We’re you referring to some other procedure?
The magical reset procedure like one of those old Nintendo game genie codes. Left right up down A B Start!

No but seriously, I don’t actually recall the sequence. It should be a sticky on this forum (unless it is already). Someone want to help out here?

The magical reset procedure like one of those old Nintendo game genie codes. Left right up down A B Start!

No but seriously, I don’t actually recall the sequence. It should be a sticky on this forum (unless it is already). Someone want to help out here?

Start inside yo car
Turn on turn signal, either way works
Get out of ya car
Close the door
Lock da car
When signal stops, car is reset
Unlock ze car
Open ya door

I’ve learned every time there is a minor hiccup, just power off and power back on to reboot like a computer. It should fix everything in clean slate. My issue mostly has to do with Bluetooth, listening to serene music, all the sudden someone called, then Bluetooth gets disconnected and can not get back to my music. Good thing I subscribed Tidal in car, just just listen to Tidal for rest of way.

Start inside yo car
Turn on turn signal, either way works
Get out of ya car
Close the door
Lock da car
When signal stops, car is reset
Unlock ze car
Open ya door
Is this for real?

0CECC168-A8C0-4970-89A0-0219C8EAC3C5.jpeg

Step 8 ) Put your right foot in
Step 9) Pull your right foot out
Step 10) Put your right foot in and you shake it all about
Step 11) You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around

That's what it's all about! 😂

It would be a whole lot simpler if they just put a Cntrl/Alt/Delete button on the steer wheel….

I have had that issue too (as well as many other issues). It worked after rebooting (putting to sleep) the car.

Note: The magical reset procedure does not work if your hazard lights are on, as I learned once when my car died and I was blocking traffic in a shopping center parking lot. The red triangle of death was showing on my screen. Customer care was advising me to leave the car with the turn signal on so it could reboot. After 2 tries and it not working I mentioned I have my hazards on for safety. It was bad enough the I was blocking traffic and had to leave the car twice while getting dirty looks from motorist that didn't understand that I was in the middle of a magical process and not just leaving my car. Then I had to repeat it with no hazards on and try to explain that I am really not a dick.

Note: The magical reset procedure does not work if your hazard lights are on, as I learned once when my car died and I was blocking traffic in a shopping center parking lot. The red triangle of death was showing on my screen. Customer care was advising me to leave the car with the turn signal on so it could reboot. After 2 tries and it not working I mentioned I have my hazards on for safety. It was bad enough the I was blocking traffic and had to leave the car twice while getting dirty looks from motorist that didn't understand that I was in the middle of a magical process and not just leaving my car. Then I had to repeat it with no hazards on and try to explain that I am really not a dick.
People are probably like "what is this clown doing, JUST MOVE" 😂

sorry to hear that. what happened to your car? did it work after reset? did Lucid say why it happened?

It happened to me when I was at a bad EA stall in Dallas. I couldn’t pull out the plug from car port, so I had to go in and out to reset car to try to reject the plug. Ford MachE and Hyundai Ioniq5 drivers in the station was like what is this clown doing with that fancy car. It was just funny keep smh. Other EV owners admire the car, but don’t know I have to deal with the occasional kinks. I even laugh at myself sometimes for being experimental adopter. But the car drive so well, and I know it will get better, so I let those kinks go. I was panic a little bit because at that EA station I was experiencing 3 bad stalls and down down to like 60 miles SOC and 320 miles away from home.

Last edited:
It happened to me when I was at a bad EA stall in Dallas. I couldn’t pull out the plug from car port, so I had to go in and out to reset car to try to reject the plug. Ford MachE and Hyundai Ioniq5 drivers in the station was like what is this clown doing with that fancy car. It was just funny keep smh. Other EV owners admire the car, but don’t know I have to deal with the occasional kinks sometimes. I even laugh at myself sometimes for being experimental adopter. But the car drive so well, and I know it will get better, so I let those kinks go. I was panic a little bit because at that EA station I was experiencing 3 bad stalls and down down to like 60 miles SOC and 320 miles away from home.
We are not early adapters. We are the real beta tester. If Lucid is reading this please create and send me a "Lucid Beta Tester" tee shirt.

It would be a whole lot simpler if they just put a Cntrl/Alt/Delete button on the steer wheel….
Like Tesla did - hold down both steering wheel buttons at the same time and you're back in business.

Back