Cell temp rise during Level 2 charging at low rate

Thank you for the link, I did not come across that thread, it might be something similar to what I'm seeing.
I need to collect a lot more data before coming to any conclusions, it was just one charge cycle that I accidentally observed, from now on I will pay more attention.
That is after I get my Gravity back from service, hopefully next week. Meanwhile I can charge Air Pure loaner from the same home charger and compare data.
Mine does this to my Air but not my Gravity. Lucid just sent me a new LCHCS but I haven't installed it yet (need to call an electrician)
 
Nice, 3.5 hours averaging around 15kW and HA integration, which charger is that?
I have Grizzl-E 80A model with OCPP support for HA integration, but garage wiring is limited to 50A breaker, so I run it at 40A to be safe.
Weirdly enough, my charger does not report real time power, only accumulated session energy, so I can't make a graph like yours from the charger data.
 
@borski How do you get that chart? I'd love to do it on mine. I've got a Tesla Wall Gen 3.
Install Home Assistant with the Lucid Motors integration :) (it tracks everything, so you can whip up a graph of anything at any time)
 
Nice, 3.5 hours averaging around 15kW and HA integration, which charger is that?
LCHCS, J1772 (with the NACS adapter)
I have Grizzl-E 80A model with OCPP support for HA integration, but garage wiring is limited to 50A breaker, so I run it at 40A to be safe.
Yeah, 40A is the max on a 50A breaker; good call.
Weirdly enough, my charger does not report real time power, only accumulated session energy, so I can't make a graph like yours from the charger data.
You don’t need the charger to; the Lucid integration for HA has a “charging power” entity you can graph. :)

(The LCHCS doesn’t have an API worth speaking of)
 
(The LCHCS doesn’t have an API worth speaking of)
As a general rule I stopped buying smart electrical equipment unless it has HA integration.
It's great that Lucid exposes so much, but I want data from all sides and angles fed into my HA server.
 
As a general rule I stopped buying smart electrical equipment unless it has HA integration.
It's great that Lucid exposes so much, but I want data from all sides and angles fed into my HA server.
It does technically have OCPP. But anyway, it isn’t really needed given Lucid reports so much.

I hear ya tho. I’ve written a few integration for the same reason (lucid, OmniLogic, a few others)
 
Looks like my original issue was resolved as part of the service visit where they replaced the multiport valve cooling manifold, which was causing drive system alerts.
I assume it was also affecting battery cooling, resulting in premature charge rate reduction. I can't be 100% sure that was the root cause, but ever since I got the car back I'm able to run at a steady 10kW for many hours until reaching preset 80% limit.
 
Looks like my original issue was resolved as part of the service visit where they replaced the multiport valve cooling manifold, which was causing drive system alerts.
I assume it was also affecting battery cooling, resulting in premature charge rate reduction. I can't be 100% sure that was the root cause, but ever since I got the car back I'm able to run at a steady 10kW for many hours until reaching preset 80% limit.
And maybe I missed it but did you have any throttling on the Air loaner?
 
Back
Top