CCC V2 upgrade price increase?

Replace batteries, key fob and sun visors
Replace windshield wipers
Refill windshield wiper fluid
Replace cabin air filter
Flush and refill brake lines
Why do they change the brake fluid? All my other cars never need to change the Brake Fluid. Plus I never use the brake pedal, only use the accelerator pedal to drive and stop.
 
Why do they change the brake fluid? All my other cars never need to change the Brake Fluid. Plus I never use the brake pedal, only use the accelerator pedal to drive and stop.
Brake fluid in every car should be changed at the manufacturer's recommended interval, usually about every two years. The fluid accumulates moisture and should be changed whether you use the brakes or not, whether you drive the car or not.
 
It's not going to change your life, but is noticeably a bit quicker in daily use. The downsides are the cost, having to re-do profiles, seat etc positions, sign in to streaming apps, download offline maps, and reboot a couple times.
And in my case reset all 8 HomeLink settings - that's what's keeping me from doing it.
 
And in my case reset all 8 HomeLink settings - that's what's keeping me from doing it.
That is a pain...just one reset of the garage door opener is a hassle for me. They should save all your settings in the cloud with your profile. That way you could log into any Lucid (new car, loaner, etc) and get set up instantly.
 
And in my case reset all 8 HomeLink settings - that's what's keeping me from doing it.
That was my main reason for hesitation too, but HomeLink programming went far faster and easier than when I initially set up my car in 2021.
It worked the first time for both garage doors without even having to move the car.
And the main profile's HomeLink settings now work for all profiles. Literally took only a minute to program this time.

I didn't reset either opener. Just added a new code to each and checked that the existing remotes and other car's HomeLink still operated them OK.
 
That was my main reason for hesitation too, but HomeLink programming went far faster and easier than when I initially set up my car in 2021.
It worked the first time for both garage doors without even having to move the car.
And the main profile's HomeLink settings now work for all profiles. Literally took only a minute to program this time.

I didn't reset either opener. Just added a new code to each and checked that the existing remotes and other car's HomeLink still operated them OK.
Right. It’s easy to set up. But you have to physically be there to have the proper GPS and interaction with the garage door opener. For security gates, you can program them at home and not use GPS (reprogram for GPS When you get there). So I have to drive all over town and 200 miles to my vacation home. I just did that for the new Gravity, but waited until I needed to go to each place before programming.
 
That is a pain...just one reset of the garage door opener is a hassle for me. They should save all your settings in the cloud with your profile. That way you could log into any Lucid (new car, loaner, etc) and get set up instantly.
It has likely improved since you first set it up; my first setup sucked, but after the CCCv2 it just worked on the first try. (But yes, this was the most annoying part)

And, setting it on one profile provides it for all profiles now; another change from before.

They don't store it in the cloud because, in essence, it is a key to your home. The security liability of that would be high, and given that 'upgraded CCC' is definitely an edge case, I can understand why they would rather not store it.
 
Right. It’s easy to set up. But you have to physically be there to have the proper GPS and interaction with the garage door opener. For security gates, you can program them at home and not use GPS (reprogram for GPS When you get there). So I have to drive all over town and 200 miles to my vacation home. I just did that for the new Gravity, but waited until I needed to go to each place before programming.
Yeah, this makes sense, but presumably you'd only need to use it when you got there? So I'd do exactly what you did; wait until I need to go there and then set it up.
 
That was my main reason for hesitation too, but HomeLink programming went far faster and easier than when I initially set up my car in 2021.
It worked the first time for both garage doors without even having to move the car.
And the main profile's HomeLink settings now work for all profiles. Literally took only a minute to program this time.

I didn't reset either opener. Just added a new code to each and checked that the existing remotes and other car's HomeLink still operated them OK.
That’s weird. In my Air I can do all resets and HomeLink stays fine. I have two garage doors and one gate, I don’t think the gate is even HomeLink but it works 🤷
 
That’s weird. In my Air I can do all resets and HomeLink stays fine. I have two garage doors and one gate, I don’t think the gate is even HomeLink but it works 🤷
I agree. I meant that I didn't clear the memory of my garage door openers. I just added another code to them from the new CCC.
The new CCC has no knowledge of the original CCC's programming, including profiles and HomeLink.
 
Someone spent lots of time writing it. You should read it. :)
Read it twice cover to cover, twice so far. Pretty decent documentation, thanks.
 
Back
Top