CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Let me clear up questions about CarPlay
1. How does it look? I think it looks beautiful, see the attached picture. I went to the CarPlay settings and turned the background to just black and it looks nice. It sits inside its own window and does not fill the entire screen, same as every CarPlay I've ever seen. When using navigation it only has info in its own window and does not have any other turn by turn in the main center dashboard or on the Pilot Panel. Some other cars do have this functionality, and I hope that can come in a future implementation. That said, I am not disappointed… We are off to a great start!
2. How do I turn it on? When you get a new car after an update, your iPhone ask you if you want to use CarPlay. Say yes. Then, go into the Bluetooth settings (pilot panel) and you will see a CarPlay icon next to the already set up phone. It will be dimmed out. Tap it and CarPlay will begin.
3. Is it wireless? It is both wired and wireless. I'm thrilled to say that the wireless implementation is extremely fast with zero lag.
4. When will I get it? Lucid rolls out updates to the fleet over a period of days. Please do not call customer service and try to get earlier in line. You will get it soon enough. I know everybody is excited, I don't blame you. It won't be long now.
5. Does it interact with the car such as state of charge or mileage remaining upon arrival? Currently, no. It does not interact with the car during navigation. If you want to see the display on the left that says miles remaining upon right arrival, use the Lucid UI.
7. How do I get back to the Lucid stuff? Tap the Lucid icon on the screen. See the picture attached.
8. Does it use my cell phone or the one built into the car? Like every CarPlay, it uses your own signal. This is actually really good for me. As you can see in the picture I have attached, I am only getting two bars from the built-in cell signal but I am getting full bars from Verizon in my area.
9. Do the steering wheel buttons work to go to the next song, etc.? Yes, they work as expected. If you press and hold the voice button for more than a second it will invoke Siri. Even easier, just say "hey Siri."
Hey Bobby…where did you go to change background to black? Settings where?

Thanks for the help!

Hey Bobby…where did you go to change background to black? Settings where?

Thanks for the help!
Settings on CarPlay in the car, wallpaper, choose the full black one.

So I’m guessing DE and GT were first to get the update? Touring here, with no update notification yet. :(
Negative

GT here .. no update yet

Little tidbit: the “Lucid” button on the CarPlay interface takes you back to the Lucid Home Screen. Same deal as tapping the little home button that was already there to the left of CarPlay. So, no need to have that Lucid button taking up a valuable icon “slot” in CarPlay. Using your phone, go to settings, CarPlay, Lucid and move the Lucid to the bottom of the list, therefore onto page 2 (or 3 or whatever).

To make these adjustments, it’s best to be in the car with CarPlay active. You can see the results real-time.

I'll preface this by saying A. I'm an Android guy; B. I'm really happy for all you apple folks to get car play and hope we get AA soon; C. I think it's hysterical that there's *10 PAGES* of comments on this thread since yesterday 😂 Talk about TLDR! Maybe I'll scroll through once AA comes out to see if there's any crossover. But, I sure am glad you guys are having fun lol

my baby's (AT) still in the shop getting tint put on... but got the update notice yesterday evening. glad to hear the hd music is quality!

Just downloaded while at the gym. Maybe I’ll try CarPlay for my first time..
Just excited that the “we were lied to” posts can finally stop in regards to CarPlay compatibility 🙃

I'll preface this by saying A. I'm an Android guy; B. I'm really happy for all you apple folks to get car play and hope we get AA soon; C. I think it's hysterical that there's *10 PAGES* of comments on this thread since yesterday 😂 Talk about TLDR! Maybe I'll scroll through once AA comes out to see if there's any crossover. But, I sure am glad you guys are having fun lol
💯💯Same Same for this Android Gal. 😂😂

Yeah, thanks for nothing.
Android user here as I really dislike iPhone (always playing jokes with my son who has an iPhone).
Regardless, no point to update, especially when my car sits in Mechanicville waiting for HV battery replacement.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230324_075044_Lucid.jpg
    Screenshot_20230324_075044_Lucid.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 85
Android user here as I really dislike iPhone (always playing jokes with my son who has an iPhone).
Regardless, no point to update, especially when my car sits in Mechanicville waiting for HV battery replacement.
There are other items on the update, so you should apply it. Also, you can’t install the next one for Android Auto if this one has not been applied first.

There are other items on the update, so you should apply it. Also, you can’t install the next one for Android Auto if this one has not been applied first.
Yes you are correct. I'm just frustrated and it's before noon time here so i can't drink :)

I would like to thank the Lucid engineers and team for finally getting this out there. Some other companies have just secretly canceled promise features like this and I was worried you would to. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for getting this done!

I woke up this morning, looked at my phone and what did I see? It’s an OTA! It’s a CarPlay Friday miracle!

Happy CarPlay Friday everyone! I’m 100% convinced that the software engineers have a good sense of humor with the timing.

Attachments

• 4F713D24-6DCA-40C1-AA3A-5F4A0B02E921.jpeg
    4F713D24-6DCA-40C1-AA3A-5F4A0B02E921.jpeg
    793.3 KB · Views: 98
Ahhhh i can’t wait to see the update info! Happy CarPlay Friday, it feels like Christmas!

Thank you Lucid!

There are other items in the update that are important.

Back