• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Relax folks, don't text or call CS, like every other update, it's coming in batches.
Completely relaxed. My car has been in the service center for 10 days to replace a broken LiDAR sensor. Sending out an email, before pushing the release is a bit wonky and will lead to unnecessary burden on the CS reps. Perhaps a blurb in the email about a staged release would have gone a long way to avoiding the confusion? IMHO, the title APPLE CARPLAY OVER-THE-AIR UPDATE IS HERE is a bit misleading. As they say, timing is everything and I just happened to be on the phone with them for unrelated items when I saw the email. Not my first rodeo.

Last edited:
I also received the email and monitoring the Lucid app for a SW update...

I suspect that you'll have to unpair BT and repair ... or maybe the option can be enabled from an already paired phone. May be just best to start from scratch.
The instructions explain how to enable CarPlay on a paired phone.

Delighted to see the excitement here. The team has been working really hard to make this happen. But, as noted above, the deployment to the entire fleet will likely take a few days. While I appreciate the enthusiasm, Customer Service cannot expedite the process. The best thing to do is give it a couple of days. Good things come to those who wait. ;)
I was expecting both Android Auto & CarPlay. Will Android Auto now require the same process of evaluation and certification before release?

Apple CarPlay was finally announced!
So exciting for this and hopefully it gets more people excited too

Fellow owners: please do not call customer service to push this update. They are getting flooded. Everybody will get this update within the next few days. Please relax and wait until your car receives the notice. Thank you from your moderator team and the Lucid folks.

Given that Lucid's UI is based off of Android OS, One would think it would be pretty easy to implement.
One thing I've learned being a software developer is that the things you think are easy almost never are. And other things you thought would be a nightmare end up being easy. Go figure.

Also, please avoid creating new threads before doing a simple search (or looking at the suggested threads below the new one you are creating) to see if a similar thread already exists.

Much appreciated,

Your friendly neighborhood moderator team.

Fellow owners: please do not call customer service to push this update. They are getting flooded. Everybody will get this update within the next few days. Please relax and wait until your car receives the notice. Thank you from your moderator team and the Lucid folks.

i-want-it-now-veruca-salt.gif

Completely relaxed. My car has been in the service center for 10 days to replace a broken LiDAR sensor. Sending out an email, before pushing the release is a bit wonky and will lead to unnecessary burden on the CS reps. Perhaps a blurb in the email about a staged release would have gone a long way to avoiding the confusion? IMHO, the title APPLE CARPLAY OVER-THE-AIR UPDATE IS HERE is a bit misleading. As they say, timing is everything and I just happened to be on the phone with them for unrelated items when I saw the email. Not my first rodeo.
People don't read the finer details. So blubs wouldn't help much.

I do agree that sending this email a few days from now would make more sense. That's what Apple tends to do, and it works well.

Delighted to see the excitement here. The team has been working really hard to make this happen. But, as noted above, the deployment to the entire fleet will likely take a few days. While I appreciate the enthusiasm, Customer Service cannot expedite the process. The best thing to do is give it a couple of days. Good things come to those who wait. ;)
Please thank the engineers for us and let them know that we see them. No CarPlay until Friday!

I was waiting to see if CarPlay and AA will see the SoC of Lucid as a minimum and CarPlay for sure does not see it. So, the Nav from the Phone is no different.

Apple actually does allow EV routing with SOC. I guess we will see if it is implemented with CarPlay.

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 3.49.04 PM.png

Curious about this one.
  • We're delivering general improvements to the system that allows you to access your vehicle and controls its closures, security features, and certain comfort features
Are they saying opening the car, turning on climate, etc. from the app will be improved? I hope so. If the frunk opens quickly, even when the car is asleep, I can stop carrying the fob, finally.

Back