CarPlay is here! - Megathread

Oh FFS...no Android?! Ugh.
I guess the folks at Lucid wanted to be sure us moderators kept busy…

All kidding aside, this is surprising and a bit disappointing, even though I am an iPhone user. I hope the AA version is right behind this.

I can’t even login to Lucid app right now.

Yeah and now more confidence in Lucid that they will definitely release AA. Patience is virtue

I just connected my car to my home wifi in the hopes it downloads faster 🤣

I guess the folks at Lucid wanted to be sure us moderators kept busy…

All kidding aside, this is surprising and a bit disappointing, even though I am an iPhone user. I hope the AA version is right behind this.
Yeah - I guess everything that I had heard up to this point was that AA was already done and they were just waiting for Apple to approve the CarPlay implementation before releasing them both. I'm sure they'll get it done, but clearly my expectations were misaligned with reality. Oh well, I'll get over it.

Just got the email couple minutes ago

A51205B0-FE92-495B-B3F5-FD72F9A5A5B3.jpeg

I think the software team wanted to enjoy the lack of bugs for a few weeks. Either that or they’ve all been put on delivery logistics. 😉
Apple Carplay officially announced. Just received this email

Wireless Apple CarPlay® is now standard on every Lucid Air.​

Say hello to the smarter and safer way to use your iPhone in the Lucid Air. Get directions, make phone calls, respond to text messages, enjoy your favorite music, and more — all on the Glass Cockpit display.

Today is not my CarPlay Friday, but it is my LUCKY DAY even after Luck of Irish Day was over.

EEC01552-CFCC-4365-89A0-04AA687AE8D8.jpeg

At Jiffy Lubr, 3 technicians were fighting to inspect my AGT. After annual state inspection, they told me it’s FREE to me. “Geez! Thanks for taking the car for a quick spin.” (Maybe I should charge them instead? 😂)

CD7B80BB-3811-4F3B-8BA0-D9EAC60556B1.jpeg

Then I got my FREE car wash! “Sir! Every 8th car wash is free from us.”

4459499D-3C75-4A7A-A86D-93581F31A15D.jpeg

Even after a year, I am still marveled at how Zenith Red changes tone under the sun. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Yes, a few of us have, from the looks of it. No update ready to be installed yet, I'm assuming it'll show up for me later today or tomorrow.

The update has not been pushed to my app yet. Sent a quick note to Customer Service. Let's see

The update has not been pushed to my app yet. Sent a quick note to Customer Service. Let's see
No need, it will be soon, takes a few days. There are 10k+ Airs out there.

Just got the email from Lucid saying "Carplay is available" and giving installation instructions. Anyone actually get an OTA update to initiate this?

Back