CarPlay is here! - Megathread

I use wireless for CarPlay.

I don’t know if wireless versus wired has anything to do with your issue. Perhaps so. I have always used wired, just habit for me and for the small possible increase in music clarity, that it may provide.
Sorry for your frustrations.

I can’t believe that. The functionality from a reliability standpoint is meager. What helped once was that I disconnected the antenna behind the back seat and reinstalled it after 15 minutes. Worked for a week. Then Murphy’s law attacked again.
I have also not had issues with CarPlay connecting. Very rarely, due to a specific bug [0], I'll need to turn bluetooth off and back on, but that's it. I also use wireless.

On the other hand, I know that @AirDoll has had no shortage of CarPlay issues, so it is very believable that it works fantastically for some and poorly for others.

[0] The bug is: if you are on CarPlay and walk away with your phone but the car remains on (for example, if your partner is in the passenger seat with a key or their phone), when you come back CarPlay won't reconnect. Turning bluetooth off and back on fixes it, but that's the only weirdness I've run into.

I have also not had issues with CarPlay connecting. Very rarely, due to a specific bug [0], I'll need to turn bluetooth off and back on, but that's it. I also use wireless.

On the other hand, I know that @AirDoll has had no shortage of CarPlay issues, so it is very believable that it works fantastically for some and poorly for others.

[0] The bug is: if you are on CarPlay and walk away with your phone but the car remains on (for example, if your partner is in the passenger seat with a key or their phone), when you come back CarPlay won't reconnect. Turning bluetooth off and back on fixes it, but that's the only weirdness I've run into.
So instead of the Air reset I should disconnect Bluetooth and reconnect, which is much faster. I am reporting stubborn facts to find a solution to use CarPlay reliably and am delighted that very few have the same experience as I have had.

Not sure where to ask this, but how often should I have to do an Air reset to activate CarPlay? CarPlay is unstable on my car and fails at least several times a week either not starting or if it does with zero audio signal from Apple Maps or streaming apps like SXM and Pandora. It does not activate when underway and I try Connectivity then Devices then CarPlay. Currently, I have to do an Air reset several times a week and to eliminate the problem must do so before I head on an Interstate trip where turning off on an exit and then stopping to do the Air reset is very inconvenient. If my experience is normal and my car is within spec for frequent CarpPlay failures then be it so.
I’m on the same boat. I don’t necessarily reset. I just turn Bluetooth off and then back on and that seems to force the car to reconnect. It’s annoying that for some it doesn’t seem to glitch at all and for others it borders on unusable.

Well , I am not lying. I likely don’t use it as extensively as others, but I have not had to do a reset to activate it. I use it for music, calls, texts, maps. Perhaps it’s because I use wired CarPlay? I don’t use wireless.

I never had CarPlay don’t connect issue either.

Not sure where to ask this, but how often should I have to do an Air reset to activate CarPlay? CarPlay is unstable on my car and fails at least several times a week either not starting or if it does with zero audio signal from Apple Maps or streaming apps like SXM and Pandora. It does not activate when underway and I try Connectivity then Devices then CarPlay. Currently, I have to do an Air reset several times a week and to eliminate the problem must do so before I head on an Interstate trip where turning off on an exit and then stopping to do the Air reset is very inconvenient. If my experience is normal and my car is within spec for frequent CarpPlay failures then be it so.
I have this problem, too. I haven’t tried resetting; I just wait and hope. There’s definitely an instability or flakiness.

I’ll echo what @borski said here. I only ever see the disconnect after walking away and coming back before the car sleeps thing. And the Bluetooth reset does the trick.

There are other very rare occasions on long road trips where it will just spontaneously turn off CarPlay and then come back later. But that happens very infrequently now.

I also use wireless exclusively.

I generally keep WiFi turned off in the car as well. Perhaps that would help? I just use the cellular data in the car. I know CarPlay creates a WiFi network to use between your phone and the car, but keeping WiFi off still works, so I’m guessing CarPlay might override that?

Might be worth a try.

I’ll echo what @borski said here. I only ever see the disconnect after walking away and coming back before the car sleeps thing. And the Bluetooth reset does the trick.

There are other very rare occasions on long road trips where it will just spontaneously turn off CarPlay and then come back later. But that happens very infrequently now.

I also use wireless exclusively.

I generally keep WiFi turned off in the car as well. Perhaps that would help? I just use the cellular data in the car. I know CarPlay creates a WiFi network to use between your phone and the car, but keeping WiFi off still works, so I’m guessing CarPlay might override that?

Might be worth a try.
I've also found that when issues start to rear their ugly head, it's not a bad idea to completely remove the car from your phone and the phone from your car and start over.

I've also found that when issues start to rear their ugly head, it's not a bad idea to completely remove the car from your phone and the phone from your car and start over.
Yes. I have tried that and it helped for a while, but has reverted to the current pattern.

I've had this same issue. CarPlay audio doesn't play once every 4 times that I drive the car. (It's' gotten better. Used to be once every 2 times in older SW versions).
Turning bluetooth off , back on seems to fix it .

I really hope Lucid fixes this in a future SW update.

I've had this same issue. CarPlay audio doesn't play once every 4 times that I drive the car. (It's' gotten better. Used to be once every 2 times in older SW versions).
Turning bluetooth off , back on seems to fix it .

I really hope Lucid fixes this in a future SW update.
Weird mine works 99% of the time.

I don't want to jinx myself (and if it does, I'm 100% blaming you Borski).....BUT...since I got my CCC Module replaced-and the latest software update, all of my connectivity issues have resolved. I had CarPlay drop while driving once in the last 10 drives, but I was able to reconnect by tapping the CarPlay button on the pilot panel (where before it would just spin and timeout). It's loaded upon getting in immediately every time. Mobile key has worked perfectly and is much quicker to respond upon walking up to my car.

I don't want to jinx myself (and if it does, I'm 100% blaming you Borski).....BUT...since I got my CCC Module replaced-and the latest software update, all of my connectivity issues have resolved. I had CarPlay drop while driving once in the last 10 drives, but I was able to reconnect by tapping the CarPlay button on the pilot panel (where before it would just spin and timeout). It's loaded upon getting in immediately every time. Mobile key has worked perfectly and is much quicker to respond upon walking up to my car.

If you think that CarPlay SHOULD be active but its not popping up on the right side of the right side cockpit glass, then long push the mic icon on your steering wheel and it should pop up

remove the car from your phone and the phone from your car and start over.
How the heck did you miniaturize your car to get it in your phone in the first place! You really are as amazing as all the other SD Lucid peeps say you are ;) :eek:

Back