CarPlay Hints, Tips, and Workarounds Video

Hey friends, I just posted a new video that discusses some CarPlay (and also Mobile Key) hints, tips, and workarounds.
Thanks as always @Bobby We all need more solution-minded approaches and less complaining!

Hey friends, I just posted a new video that discusses some CarPlay (and also Mobile Key) hints, tips, and workarounds.
Today I had no audio in the car over CarPlay, so I checked the upper right control center in my phone and sure enough it had switched the audio off CarPlay, so I switched it back and voila, got audio back. Thanks @Bobby

Thx Bobby this video helped my CarPlay tremendously but I still have a small issue perhaps you can help with. When I pair my car the ID is LUCID 534 but right after clicking yes to sharing contacts etc, the car name changes to LUCID (generic). Mostly I don't care as long as CarPlay works but I saw another video where a Lucid owner was changing the icons (number and order) on the CarPlay screen and when I try this, it ignores me! Could this be related to the connected car being LUCID vs LUCID 534?

Thx Bobby this video helped my CarPlay tremendously but I still have a small issue perhaps you can help with. When I pair my car the ID is LUCID 534 but right after clicking yes to sharing contacts etc, the car name changes to LUCID (generic). Mostly I don't care as long as CarPlay works but I saw another video where a Lucid owner was changing the icons (number and order) on the CarPlay screen and when I try this, it ignores me! Could this be related to the connected car being LUCID vs LUCID 534?
The Bluetooth name will always have a number attached to it. On the CarPlay menu, the car will simply be called "LUCID." You can't rename this. As far as changing the icons number and order, that is changed from the phone not the CarPlay screen. It does not need to be connected to the car at the time, but it is more fun to watch it happen real time. And to see how it will look in the end.

My biggest annoyance with the mobile key is that my wife & I are both set up with it, and if it sees both of us it seems to randomly choose which profile to load. I have to click on profiles, select mine, and wait the 20 seconds for my profile to swap back before I can get going. With her profile, I get her set of stations/apps, her carplay connected, etc.

I'd love to be able to say "unlock the car, but don't swap profiles unless..." a) you see her sitting in the driver's seat, b) I hit the screen to confirm a swap, etc.

Yes, I even have the "Prompt before loading configuration settings" so it doesn't move the seat etc - but it still automatically unloads my profile & logs her in.

My biggest annoyance with the mobile key is that my wife & I are both set up with it, and if it sees both of us it seems to randomly choose which profile to load. I have to click on profiles, select mine, and wait the 20 seconds for my profile to swap back before I can get going. With her profile, I get her set of stations/apps, her carplay connected, etc.

I'd love to be able to say "unlock the car, but don't swap profiles unless..." a) you see her sitting in the driver's seat, b) I hit the screen to confirm a swap, etc.

Yes, I even have the "Prompt before loading configuration settings" so it doesn't move the seat etc - but it still automatically unloads my profile & logs her in.
We carry the key FOBs in RFID pouch for that reason. My wife does not open the Lucid App on her phone when I am driving. Besides, my wife is scared to drive Lucid😀

Back