Carbon fiber rims

OCDC

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
V60 Polestar, AGT
I really like the idea of reducing the unsprung/rotational mass of the wheels. The marketing also sells the NVH improvements of composite wheels. Digging around a bit, ESE Carbon seems to have a single-piece carbon fiber 19" wheel design geared towards EVs that could be tweaked to fit the Air. Does anyone have experience to share with these or any other composite rims on their vehicles?

I really like the idea of reducing the unsprung/rotational mass of the wheels. The marketing also sells the NVH improvements of composite wheels. Digging around a bit, ESE Carbon seems to have a single-piece carbon fiber 19" wheel design geared towards EVs that could be tweaked to fit the Air. Does anyone have experience to share with these or any other composite rims on their vehicles?

Wow, they really tested the hell out of that wheel. I’ve always been cautious of CF wheels due to impact shredding (very different behavior under crush loads) but they did a lot to make sure it holds up.

Could be worth it if the reduction in unsprung weight overcomes the worse aerodynamics in addition to the handling benefits.

I'm wondering how much this would impact range. Anyone know how much the DE wheels or any of the other wheels weigh?

I'm wondering how much this would impact range. Anyone know how much the DE wheels or any of the other wheels weigh?
~35lbs last I checked. They’re forged though and rated for a much heavier load than most.

Back