skomarla

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2023 AT
Referral Code
9A7U8E5H
Hi all,

I started the morning with everything working fine. But since about noon EDT, my phone app was not able to wake my car. It continued to report as sleeping. I did an Air logo reset and to no avail. Mobile app ofcourse would not work without being to reach the car.

I just got home and as soon as my car picked up the home wifi, the mobile app started working. as a test, i turned off the wifi in the car, and now the app reports the car as being offline.

this happen to anyone today? There is no explanation at all as to what change around noon-ish EDT

i'm gonna wait it out overnight and see if this is some sort of Lucid / ATT issue.. else will call service

Having the same issue. App says the car is offline even though it is awake and the mobile key is working fine.
The app also makes no attempt to even wake the car

This happened to be again today. Running 2.4.4. I just removed the wifi from the car and added it back. Seems to be ok for now. Will monitor it…

Having the same issue. App says the car is offline even though it is awake and the mobile key is working fine.
The app also makes no attempt to even wake the car
Mine’s been offline all day too. Rebooting the phone did nothing. We’re out with the i4, so I haven’t gotten a chance to check the car itself. I haven’t gotten the software update, so I can’t blame that.

Mine is facing issues at home with wifi as well. If I wake up the car manually, it connects. I wonder if the SMS wakeup functionality is broken. When the car wakes up, either by SMS or by manual action, it establishes openVPN connection to Lucid using AWS servers in the cloud. Without SMS wakeup, there is no way to tell the car to wake up and connect to the cloud - unless there is scheduled action. I suspect that functionality or something else on the backend is broken. I mean to play with @segbrk and @borski created home assistant app to see if that behaves differently and wakes up the car - but I think the Lucid app and their code are using the same API to wake up the car. Will play around later.

I am still running 2.3.10. This issue is not for the new code base - it seems to be something in the backend.

I don't know if this is related. But few updates ago for some reason.. My car no longer works when my phone is on wifi

I have to take my phone off wifi and on mobile data for the Lucid app to work. Idk why.

I mean to play with @segbrk and @borski created home assistant app to see if that behaves differently and wakes up the car - but I think the Lucid app and their code are using the same API to wake up the car. Will play around later.
Our HA integration (and the underlying Python bindings) just call the mobile API directly, so it isn’t doing anything differently. However, it would avoid the question of your *phone* being the culprit and having bad service, since presumably your HA machine is on stable internet, which would mean it’s the car.

You could, hypothetically, set up an automation to wake up the car every 5-10 minutes or so with HA to keep it from ever going to sleep. I have no idea what that would do to battery drain.

Alternatively, you can just turn on keep mode. I leave mine running for *hours* and it barely touches the battery at all.

So we got home a few minutes ago and I went into the car to check the ‘offline’ situation. Everything within the car appeared normal and it seems the process of waking the car with the fob also solved the app’s offline issue. More interesting is the fact that 2 minutes after the app no longer showed ‘offline’, the new software update appeared. Coincidental or the result of no longer being offline? I’m not sure.

Edit: Although the update appears to be proceeding, the app is showing offline again. Hoping this doesn’t screw up the update and I wind up with a Tesla post update. 😩

Reporting back on my overnight wait, nothing has changed for me. all status quo

i posted on the 2.4.x thread as well and i can see others having issue. I'm on iOS 18, latest mobile app version.. while the car is on wifi but sleeping, it does not respond to the wake up "signal". If I manually wake it up (i.e. opening the door etc) the car connects to wifi and immediately connects with the phone app.

If car is on cellular, wake or otherwise, the mobile app will either show the car as offline or forever spin in "Waking up Vehicle cycle"

As its happening to many, i think its safe to conclude some sort of outage..

I guess an admin marked the thread resolved, but actually, after i posted that last message, the app is able to connect now. Others seeing the same?

Our HA integration (and the underlying Python bindings) just call the mobile API directly, so it isn’t doing anything differently. However, it would avoid the question of your *phone* being the culprit and having bad service, since presumably your HA machine is on stable internet, which would mean it’s the car.

You could, hypothetically, set up an automation to wake up the car every 5-10 minutes or so with HA to keep it from ever going to sleep. I have no idea what that would do to battery drain.

Alternatively, you can just turn on keep mode. I leave mine running for *hours* and it barely touches the battery at all.
If you keep the car awake the whole time, would it not also drain the 12V batteries? If no, then what conditions will the 12V battery be used, since there is 2 is it a standby for each other or 1/2 the systems run on one and the other 1/2 on the other?

FYI Ever since i removed the car from wifi and added it back in the app has not gone offline.

I take back the theory of the SMS not waking up the car. It seems it does wake up the car and establishes VPN but nothing much is happening over that channel based on packets exchanged. All of this is happening while the app is spinning. So, in this case, the car is awake, has done basic auth (cert-based), and has established an open VPN, but nothing much is happening. To me, it seems to indicate backend issues or lack of resources. Are all the OTA pushes impacting the infra, and has it scaled up sufficiently? Based on what I see, it is not a lack of car trying. And, at times, it succeeds after a while.

IPV4UDP50EA1PXXXXXXXXX.lan:59059ec2-35-166-180-204.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:11942.19 KiB (15 packets)

If you keep the car awake the whole time, would it not also drain the 12V batteries? If no, then what conditions will the 12V battery be used, since there is 2 is it a standby for each other or 1/2 the systems run on one and the other 1/2 on the other?
I have absolutely no idea.

So my car is now more consistently online and coincidently my LCA is also working better.

Still would be a weird thing for LCA to need backend support.

I got the "car offline" message on the phone app for two days. Yesterday I did a soft logo reset to deal with the navigation system not working, and it seemed to fix the app issue, too.

I just checked the app after seeing this thread and found that software update 2.4.3 was waiting. 90-minute download of further enhancements of Dream Drive. I'm running it now.

Back