• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Car data still being shared even when disabled from car

elin

Cars
Air Touring (black)
Referral Code
C4WEO75Q
So I was curious what data I can get from the homeassistant integration if I turned off data sharing from vehicle settings, and it turns out all the information is still getting updated. Not sure if thats a bug or not, but that means data like total mileage, current battery level, tire pressures, etc are still being sent to lucid servers.

So I was curious what data I can get from the homeassistant integration if I turned off data sharing from vehicle settings, and it turns out all the information is still getting updated. Not sure if thats a bug or not, but that means data like total mileage, current battery level, tire pressures, etc are still being sent to lucid servers.
I reported this to CS maybe a month ago, they said the devs have been notified. For me, disabling data sharing stops updates until the next time the car wakes up from sleep, i.e. if I turn it off I get no new updates for that drive. Then I park, come back to the car later, and it's updating again even though the data sharing setting is still turned off.

For my test case, I turned off data sharing while away from home so I didn't have access to check what home assistant was getting. Then I drove back home and checked home assistant and it filled in everything from that drive (I did not turn back on data sharing).

Thanks for reporting it, felt like a bug but wasn't sure how much of that data is supposed to be shared vs not shared when data sharing is off.

Back