RESOLVED Car allows you to lock in it

JayS

Cars
Lucid Air touring
There have been several occasions where I inadvertently left the key in the car, and the car goes into sleep mode and locks itself. To my knowledge there is no other modern car in existence that allows you to lock the key in it. I have a Mercedes and if you try to manually push down the door button or the lock button on the car door (neither of which the Lucid even has), it will not allow you to lock the door. If you left the key in it it’s absolutely insane that you can lock the key in. You could be stranded someplace and not be able to get back in the car. What if you left your phone home? We have all done that. And also we know that multiple people have discussed the inconsistent matter in which the car even recognizes the phone, so I really think they need a software update that prevents the key from being locked in the car. They also need a way to opt out of the proximity sensor for the phone, but if you do turn the proximity sensor on it needs to work. Currently there are times when I’m trying to get into the vehicle and it won’t let me in. As I have explained it to the Lucid people it is actually dangerous. If you are in an unsafe situation and need to enter the vehicle for your safety you need to be able to open the door immediately without any lag time.

If the key fob is in the car you should be able to press any of the door handles and the car unlocks. You may have to hold the handle on for a second or two. I had this happen to me where I left fob, phone and wallet with valet card in the car and it locked while at a charging station.

They also need a way to opt out of the proximity sensor for the phone, but if you do turn the proximity sensor on it needs to work.
What do you mean by this? You want to be able to temporarily disable mobile key?

If so, there are 2 ways you can do this:
- turn off your phone's Bluetooth
- turn off your phone's location

There have been several occasions where I inadvertently left the key in the car, and the car goes into sleep mode and locks itself. To my knowledge there is no other modern car in existence that allows you to lock the key in it. .

Not correct, Audis do it all the time. Just ask my wife 😂😂😂

There have been several occasions where I inadvertently left the key in the car, and the car goes into sleep mode and locks itself. To my knowledge there is no other modern car in existence that allows you to lock the key in it. I have a Mercedes and if you try to manually push down the door button or the lock button on the car door (neither of which the Lucid even has), it will not allow you to lock the door. If you left the key in it it’s absolutely insane that you can lock the key in. You could be stranded someplace and not be able to get back in the car. What if you left your phone home? We have all done that.
Press the door handle in and it will unlock.

They also need a way to opt out of the proximity sensor for the phone, but if you do turn the proximity sensor on it needs to work.
No idea what this means, but you can turn Bluetooth off for the Lucid app in your settings and it will accomplish what you want, I think.

As I have explained it to the Lucid people it is actually dangerous. If you are in an unsafe situation and need to enter the vehicle for your safety you need to be able to open the door immediately without any lag time.
If you want foolproof instant access, carry the keycard or fob and push the button.

Back