Can't adjust charge limit down

dolphinsafe

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid AT (QG,SC,DDP)
Interesting bug. I had planned a long trip so prior to leaving I set my charge limit to 100%. First time I'd done that - it wasn't an excessively long trip - just gone for the day - back at night but didn't want to worry about stopping to charge somewhere so gave myself an extra 20% over my normal limit. And that worked fine. But... upon returning home I forgot to set my charge limit back to 80% so when I plugged in - overnight - it went back up to 100%. And that's not really a problem - I'm going out today so I can put it in sprint mode and burn down some electrons. However... I can't adjust the charge limit down. It's at 100% and that's where it will stay, apparently, until I can get it down to a lower percentage.

I'm not at all clear on why the charge limit can't be adjust below the current charge level. I tried from the app and from the car - neither allows you to move the limiter. I guess I never really tried it at 80% to go below the current charge level but it's something I'll play with later on.

Also - still no luck with seat memory.

It won't let you set the charge limit to anything below your current charge level. It's a 'feature' that we all hope will be corrected in the future. Lucid has many higher priorities for bug fixes than this, so it may take some time.

Interesting bug. I had planned a long trip so prior to leaving I set my charge limit to 100%. First time I'd done that - it wasn't an excessively long trip - just gone for the day - back at night but didn't want to worry about stopping to charge somewhere so gave myself an extra 20% over my normal limit. And that worked fine. But... upon returning home I forgot to set my charge limit back to 80% so when I plugged in - overnight - it went back up to 100%. And that's not really a problem - I'm going out today so I can put it in sprint mode and burn down some electrons. However... I can't adjust the charge limit down. It's at 100% and that's where it will stay, apparently, until I can get it down to a lower percentage.

I'm not at all clear on why the charge limit can't be adjust below the current charge level. I tried from the app and from the car - neither allows you to move the limiter.
Same in my experience: I cannot set it below the current charge level. I have to spend the charge energy down first in order to move the charge limiter down. I don’t like that inconvenience so I classify it as a bug.

It won't let you set the charge limit to anything below your current charge level. It's a 'feature' that we all hope will be corrected in the future. Lucid has many higher priorities for bug fixes than this, so it may take some time.
I agree - bug but not a show stopper. Irritating because you have to think about it and keep track. I'm a programmer so these are the things I think about. Believe me - this is a simple fix. 2 minutes of someone's time and done. Doesn't have to be a priority but easy to fix on the next release. If it isn't - whoever designed their system needs to be taking out back and punished for not making their code flexible.

Believe me - this is a simple fix. 2 minutes of someone's time and done.
Lol famous last words. Without context, this is impossible to know. Everything seems simple when you don’t have details or context. For all we know, there is some physical reason this is disallowed.

Or maybe it really is a two minute fix. My point is *everything* seems easy until you’re the one doing it, and that’s definitely true in software too.

Lol famous last words. Without context, this is impossible to know. Everything seems simple when you don’t have details or context. For all we know, there is some physical reason this is disallowed.

Or maybe it really is a two minute fix. My point is *everything* seems easy until you’re the one doing it, and that’s definitely true in software too.
I’ll never say never but this is a “setting”. Setting are just variables. Hardware should never play a part on this scenario. Unless you’re incapable if checking for a negative value. And.. not to compare vehicles because the admins get bent out of shape. “Tesla has that ability”

I’ll never say never but this is a “setting”. Setting are just variables. Hardware should never play a part on this scenario. Unless you’re incapable if checking for a negative value. And.. not to compare vehicles because the admins get bent out of shape. “Tesla has that ability”
Strawman. Tesla has a lot of abilities. Also a lot of ways in which it sucks.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter; we’re just speculating. :)

Again, unless you are looking at Lucid's code, you have no idea what the parameters are. There are endless reasons, ranging from reasonable requirements to poor decisions made three years ago that could easily make this more than a "two-minute" job.

Tesla's software is irrelevant. No one is arguing it's not possible. Just that we have no idea what the level of effort would be without a lot more info.

I was able to change the charge limit down from the app but not from the car. battery was 50%

. not to compare vehicles because the admins get bent out of shape.
Please choose your words carefully. Continued criticism of your volunteer admins/mods is unnecessary.

I was able to change the charge limit down from the app but not from the car. battery was 50%
I believe the OP is referencing the Amperage/rate of charge. Right now, the vehicle doesn't have this feature nor does the Lucid Branded Level 2 charger. The OP would have to use a different charger (such as Wallbox) to allow scheduling and to be able to reduce the Amperage into the vehicle. Tesla does allow you to change this from within the vehicle and more conveniently directly from the Tesla app. Hopefully this is on Lucid's roadmap!

You can change the charge limit to any point equal or above the current state of charge. What you can’t do is go lower than the current state of charge.

Just downloaded recent OTA update last night. Successfully updated, then set charging to 75% and plugged in overnight. Checked on mobile later that night and indicated full charge in 5 hours (was at 30% prior). Got in car this AM and saw 3+ hours to go and only at 42%. Any comments?

Just downloaded recent OTA update last night. Successfully updated, then set charging to 75% and plugged in overnight. Checked on mobile later that night and indicated full charge in 5 hours (was at 30% prior). Got in car this AM and saw 3+ hours to go and only at 42%. Any comments?
This could happen if you also have schedule charging enabled and the charging didn't begin until sometime in the morning. I have mine sent to charge between 6AM and 6PM because I have solar - it's much better for me to charge when the sun is shining as it's essentially free - so long as I'm generating enough power to charge the car plus whatever else is running in the house. Charging at night costs me way more because I can only sell electricity at a wholesale rate and am charged at full rate. It's the difference between paying $0.125 per kwh vs. $0.00 per kwh.

Didn't use scheduled charge, just manually initiated after OTA download.

Didn't use scheduled charge, just manually initiated after OTA download.
I'm not sure as I haven't ever experienced charging issues at home. I normally get between 35 and 39 miles per hour using the mobile charger. I'd just keep an eye on it to see what it's doing. If you didn't experience a power outage and don't have scheduled charging turned on - if it happens again I'd report it to service.

I'm charging this PM and looking at the mobile app which indicates current charging status wonder if I remotely stopped charging last PM when I touched the charging icon then to see if it would provide additional info about the charging rate? Not ready to test this hypothesis.

I'm charging this PM and looking at the mobile app which indicates current charging status wonder if I remotely stopped charging last PM when I touched the charging icon then to see if it would provide additional info about the charging rate? Not ready to test this hypothesis.
It will definitely show your charge rate. But you may be right. If you accidentally stopped charging that could have been the issue.

Back