Canopy Pros Cons

This is another things I’m waffling on a little bit (Pure with metal or upgrade to get glass). Living in Atlanta I’d definitely plan on tinting the whole roof with a clear ceramic. After reading HMP(?)’s description about riding through the mountains and enjoying the view resonated re: a lot of the drives we take.

Why wouldn’t you be able to find insurance?
Progressive is dropping me at the end of the term for too many windshield claims (remember I also have a jeep). Since I believe other insurance companies have access to that info, if I file another claim it would be even more difficult to find affordable insurance or so my broker tells me.

Progressive is dropping me at the end of the term for too many windshield claims (remember I also have a jeep). Since I believe other insurance companies have access to that info, if I file another claim it would be even more difficult to find affordable insurance or so my broker tells me.
On our last two cars, I paid GM and Mercedes for their windshield warranty. It was the cost of one replacement.

Maybe Lucid will offer extended warranties at some point.

Last edited:
I think the glass roof vs. no glass roof is something that you either like or don't. I don't like them, and have rented a few cars with them that made me realize they weren't for me. But the AGT came with it. I cursed and figured that the blackest tint I could get would be fine. It is tolerable but I really wish that there was a retractable interior cloth cover like some of the Mercedes SUV's that I had rented with glass canopies. I had HuperOptik i3 ceramic tint installed, and the darkest is about 70% light rejection and 93-99 % IR/UV rejection. It is a vast improvement over not applying the tint but I wish they had a 90% visible light rejection. My 2 teenagers wish I didn't put in the tint and liked the backseat view the way it was, so different strokes for different folks. I think if you know you don't like a glass roof don't waste the money {and then extra money adding tint}, get a metal roof you'll be happy. If you've never tried a glass roof, rent a car for a day that has one. Doesn't matter which brand, the experience of a glass roof will be known to you quickly.

I think the glass roof vs. no glass roof is something that you either like or don't. I don't like them, and have rented a few cars with them that made me realize they weren't for me. But the AGT came with it. I cursed and figured that the blackest tint I could get would be fine. It is tolerable but I really wish that there was a retractable interior cloth cover like some of the Mercedes SUV's that I had rented with glass canopies. I had HuperOptik i3 ceramic tint installed, and the darkest is about 70% light rejection and 93-99 % IR/UV rejection. It is a vast improvement over not applying the tint but I wish they had a 90% visible light rejection. My 2 teenagers wish I didn't put in the tint and liked the backseat view the way it was, so different strokes for different folks. I think if you know you don't like a glass roof don't waste the money {and then extra money adding tint}, get a metal roof you'll be happy. If you've never tried a glass roof, rent a car for a day that has one. Doesn't matter which brand, the experience of a glass roof will be known to you quickly.
I had a Lucid for 5 days in summer May Phoenix it was hot as eff. It was okay the glass roof but I always think it’s a nice to have not must have. And if it improves ac cooling to go metal I value that more.

I just had all of the glass tinted with the ceramic tint and has reduced the heat 80%. Prior to the tinting I could not cool the car off. I am in AZ and it was 108 degrees!!
Thanks. Would you tell us which windows you had tinted with which product at which light level? Yours is a result worth replicating.

Thanks. Would you tell us which windows you had tinted with which product at which light level? Yours is a result worth replicating.
The windshield was 80% and the rest of windows was 55%. I am not very savvy regarding the percentages, however that is what XPel Windoe Tint told me.

Hopefully we can soon see and sit in a metal roof touring in one of the showrooms. If anyone can take pictures and post, that would be nice.
I noticed you can now see simulated pictures of the metal at the on-line configurator site. I especially am interested if the sun-visors function differently in the metal....seem a tad wonky in the canopy.

Back