Can we take Mercedes Benz off Ann Arbor off the charger list?

bhumburg

New Member

Joined
Jan 31, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I'm currently at the charging station here:
42°17.1970'N 83°49.1890'W http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.28662,-83.81982

There's a Mercedes parked in the single fast charging station here and it's been idle for four hours. I asked the folks on the office if this was their car and could they move it. Someone them told me these chargers were for internal use and were not intended to be for the public.

I think this charger needs to be taken off the list Lucid suggests to us.
 
I just looked up Ann Arbor and it shows me three charging locations:
1. Target T0634
2. Tesla Supercharger on Carpenter Rd
3. EA at Roundtree Place

I do not see a Mercedes on the charging map. Where did you find it?
 
I just looked up Ann Arbor and it shows me three charging locations:
1. Target T0634
2. Tesla Supercharger on Carpenter Rd
3. EA at Roundtree Place

I do not see a Mercedes on the charging map. Where did you find it?
Sorry, my fault, I had some filters on. I found the Chargepoint you’re referring to. On PlugShare, it’s listed as “under repair” with a 1.4 score.

Mercedes Benz of Ann Arbor
4500 Jackson Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48103

https://www.plugshare.com/location/716439
 
According to someone who claims to work at the dealership, it is not intended for public use, which begs the question of why it's a Chargepoint box with a credit card reader as part of it and why I and the person before me that night used it previously several weeks prior. (Maybe employee just didn't know?)

Anyway, I think the Lucid software should point us to other chargers instead of this one. That seems like it should be low hanging fruit in terms of software updates they could send to our cars.

BCH
 
Hmm...I would call Chargepoint customer service and ask. Tell them it's listed as a public charger but the Mercedes dealer has told you it's for their use only and has blocked the space. I'd be interested in the response you get.
 
I ran into this at another MB site here in the Phoenix area a couple years ago with our Mach-E.

A Ford dealership elsewhere had open chargers, but only during business hours.

At this point I consider dealership chargers to be last resort options.
 
dealership chargers are a last resort...that's if you even wish to consider it one. Drove to a purported charging station in Matteson (south of Chicago), last night. It was at dealership complex (Buick/Nissan/Toyota) and the whole place was fenced off with locked gates. I could see the EV connect charger...but could not get to it. Not a heartwarming find when you have just over 60 miles range in the cold weather. I ended up driving to an Electrify America about 20 miles away. I'll be avoiding dealership charges henceforth, even if they are listed as public
 
Back
Top