Can I turn off rear seat belt warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
Hey Lucid folks,
My family mostly drives Teslas and they are visiting me from Chicago. The rear seat belts are not something they choose to wear. Anyways the alert keeps sounding off while I Drive and it’s very loud and annoying. In Tesla you can configure each seat and disable the alert sound. Frankly it was a bit embarrassing cause my passengers didn’t want to put on their seatbelt. Could you please fix this in a release?? It feels silly that I need to pre buckle the back seats all to work around this thing. Just add an option , disable rear seat belt alert done , please and thanks 🙏

Hey Lucid folks,
My family mostly drives Teslas and they are visiting me from Chicago. The rear seat belts are not something they choose to wear. Anyways the alert keeps sounding off while I Drive and it’s very loud and annoying. In Tesla you can configure each seat and disable the alert sound. Frankly it was a bit embarrassing cause my passengers didn’t want to put on their seatbelt. Could you please fix this in a release?? It feels silly that I need to pre buckle the back seats all to work around this thing. Just add an option , disable rear seat belt alert done , please and thanks 🙏
Tell them to buckle up.

Hey Lucid folks,
Didn't you already ask this in another thread a while back? And again, listen to Bobby. I know it's annoying, but its always better to be safe than sorry.

Not sure why you wouldn’t want them to buckle up. Even a minor accident can be exponentially worse without a seat belt on.

It certainly is embarrassing that people still can’t take two seconds to preserve not only their own safety but that of the people around them. Forget their safety for a moment, do you want a human sized projectile firing through the back of your seat and into your body if you have a head on collision? No thanks.
I get that rear seat belts are not required for adults in some states, but… quit it. I don’t want to see the inevitable headline pretending it’s Lucid’s fault that an accident was so bad when it was just stupidity.

It certainly is embarrassing that people still can’t take two seconds to preserve not only their own safety but that of the people around them. Forget their safety for a moment, do you want a human sized projectile firing through the back of your seat and into your body if you have a head on collision? No thanks.
I get that rear seat belts are not required for adults in some states, but… quit it. I don’t want to see the inevitable headline pretending it’s Lucid’s fault that an accident was so bad when it was just stupidity.
Only a few states do not require adult rear-seat passengers to wear seat belts.
1. Arizona
2. Massachusetts
3. Montana
4. New Hampshire (New Hampshire does not have a seat belt law for any passengers)
5. South Dakota

Source: Google

Even things such as umbrellas on the rear window shelf can become dangerous projectiles in a collision. There is no way I'd get behind the wheel of a car with unrestrained rear passengers behind me no matter how inconvenient they find their own and my safety.

Ah, NH. “Live Free and Die”
I think I'm completely missing the joke, but maybe I will find out later 🤣

I would appreciate it if somebody could educate me regarding this matter: If you have 5 passengers + 1 driver in the car (but the car only fits 5 people), what would be best advised? Is it even legal to put 4 passengers in the back of the car with only three seatbelts?

I think I'm completely missing the joke, but maybe I will find out later 🤣

I would appreciate it if somebody could educate me regarding this matter: If you have 5 passengers + 1 driver in the car (but the car only fits 5 people), what would be best advised? Is it even legal to put 4 passengers in the back of the car with only three seatbelts?
Live Free or Die is NH’s state motto. It’s printed on their license plates.

It’s a reference to the famous speech by Patrick Henry. “Give me Liberty, or give me death.”

Live Free or Die is NH’s state motto. It’s printed on their license plates.

It’s a reference to the famous speech by Patrick Henry. “Give me Liberty, or give me death.”
I knew about the speech itself (I'm taking US History and it was mentioned in the textbook), but I never knew that NH actively referenced it! Live free or die makes a lot more sense than Live Free and die, lol. With those seatbelt regulations, maybe both apply! Thank you for bringing the attention of the motto to me, though.

(Then again, I'm pretty sure I don't even know my own state's motto. I've only seen "Garden State" on our plates, which makes no sense. Maybe we only have an unofficial motto? Let me check.)

Hey Lucid folks,
It's law in IL for rear seat passengers to wear belts. https://www.ilsos.gov/departments/drivers/traffic_safety/safetybelts.html - 'Illinois law requires all drivers and passengers (front and back seat) age 8 and older to wear safety belts '

Let them complain.

I would appreciate it if somebody could educate me regarding this matter: If you have 5 passengers + 1 driver in the car (but the car only fits 5 people), what would be best advised?
Have the sixth person take an Uber or Lyft.

Is it even legal to put 4 passengers in the back of the car with only three seatbelts?
No.

Live free or die makes a lot more sense than Live Free and die, lol.
That’s the joke.

It's "Liberty and Prosperity."

Although my favorite New Jersey joke is:

Person 1: "I'm from New Jersey."

Person 2: "Oh, yeah. What exit?"
I had thought that motto was unofficial? A quote from the NJ website says this:
The state motto of New Jersey is “Liberty and Prosperity.” Like a number of other states, New Jersey's state motto was not officially adopted. It has gained acceptance as the unofficial state motto because it is a feature of the state seal. The motto is a reflection of the sentiments felt by the colonists after they declared independence from Britain in 1776.
Have the sixth person take an Uber or Lyft.
No.
Got it! Also, to tell you the truth, I kinda "forgot" New Hampshire existed. It's more anonymous than even boring old NJ! Pretty sure they don't have anything notable (relatively)...

The motto of NH might as well be "NH: Vermont, but worse." 🤣 At least Vermont has some stunning scenery along with the some of the best MTB trails I've ever done! Wonder how people's experiences were in NH...

Last edited:
I had thought that motto was unofficial? A quote from the NJ website says this:

Got it! Also, to tell you the truth, I kinda "forgot" New Hampshire existed. It's more anonymous than even boring old NJ! Pretty sure they don't have anything notable (relatively)...

The motto of NH might as well be "NH: Vermont, but worse." 🤣 At least Vermont has some stunning scenery along with the some of the best MTB trails I've ever done! Wonder how people's experiences were in NH...
I lived in NH (Hanover) for 4 years. It was lovely.

Hey Lucid folks,
On a side note, I wish you could manually disable the warning as I’ve put heavy things in the back seat and had to deal beeping for hours while I drive that object home. Don’t agree with not buckling humans though, you should definitely do that. But manually being able to stop the beeps would be a god send for big or heavy objects.

Buckle the seat belts before loading the large objects?
I mean it’s definitely a work around sure. Doesn’t defeat that being able to manually override it would be a nice option to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back