Cadillac Escalade EV

GMs Silverado EV with the 200kwh battery has shown to have some pretty class leading charge rates. Even if the miles/kwh here is only 2.3. It might still be a solid roadtripper if it can constantly do 450 at freeway speeds.

Yes!! Imagine how long that albatross will be tying up a charging station!!
I’m guessing it’s going to be similar to the Hummer EV which surprisingly, it’s only 75 minutes to 100% and around 50 minutes to 80%. Still a hefty time but could be worse. That’s of course if all the stars align at the charger so it delivers a proper charging speed

Attachments

• IMG_1604.jpeg
    IMG_1604.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 41
Cadillac Escalade iq- 200kwh battery for 460 mile range….

Yep….. Mary changed the whole story. She electrified the entire automobile industry! (Apparently :rolleyes:). The only thing Mary led was making one of the most inefficient EV’s in the world!

The 2024 “Dumb Range” Trophy goes to……… GM

Yes!! Imagine how long that albatross will be tying up a charging station!!

The Silverado EV (same battery pack) is the fastest charging EV (most miles in 30 minutes) even with the big battery. It charges at a ridiculously fast rate. It’s still charging at 300kw at 50% lol. I think the Air GT is about half (150kw), and the Touring is 1/3 (100kw)

The Silverado EV (same battery pack) is the fastest charging EV (most miles in 30 minutes) even with the big battery. It charges at a really fast rate on a 350kw charger
It'll face the same issue Lucid faces on 350kw chargers. Yes, if the charger is actually working as its supposed to then it will charge fast but that's a big IF. I've NEVER had my car achieve over 300kw even at a very low SoC. We know the car can do it but the chargers are just so hit and miss. Also, all the new EA 350kw chargers are power sharing so if you visit a full location you'll be struggling to pull in over 150kw. Big battery cars are not the solution to achieve range.

It'll face the same issue Lucid faces on 350kw chargers. Yes, if the charger is actually working as its supposed to then it will charge fast but that's a big IF. I've NEVER had my car achieve over 300kw even at a very low SoC. We know the car can do it but the chargers are just so hit and miss. Also, all the new EA 350kw chargers are power sharing so if you visit a full location you'll be struggling to pull in over 150kw. Big battery cars are not the solution to achieve range.
I agree with you on the latter half of your post but I regularly pull >300kW now at the newer EA chargers; yes, of course this was when there were a few empty chargers, but not all of them. It was probably 50% full. Here’s a pic of my most recent one.

IMG_9090.jpeg

I agree with you on the latter half of your post but I regularly pull >300kW now at the newer EA chargers; yes, of course this was when there were a few empty chargers, but not all of them. It was probably 50% full. Here’s a pic of my most recent one.

View attachment 21934
Don't disagree that it's not possible but I just have never been able to do it. I think the highest I ever got was about 280 for 5 seconds before dropping to 220 or so. That's at the the new EA locations and they were empty. I know the car can do it, just so hit and miss with EA.

View attachment 21934
Don't forget that you have a DE, though. It seems as if the 118 kwh battery has a better charging curve than the 112 kwh one, based on our members' analysis.

Don't disagree that it's not possible but I just have never been able to do it. I think the highest I ever got was about 280 for 5 seconds before dropping to 220 or so. That's at the the new EA locations and they were empty. I know the car can do it, just so hit and miss with EA.
Sure, I agree. I guess all I’m saying is I’ve had better luck, recently, with the newer EA chargers. Not disagreeing it’s hit and miss; I’ve just had more hits than misses recently, anecdotally.

Don't forget that you have a DE, though. It seems as if the 118 kwh battery has a better charging curve than the 112 kwh one, based on our members' analysis.
“Analysis”

But sure, there may be some slight difference. We should get a GT and my DE together and go to Walmart in Mountain View sometime. Maybe throw in a GT-P for good measure.

Lucids and Lattes at Walmart? ;)

Lucids and
View attachment 21937

A match made in coffee lover's hell. 😬
Don’t forget to get the ice cream that is so bad that it has to be marketed as “Frozen dairy desert” as a side!

I bet those coffee nerds on YouTube (the ones that take 1 hour to make a shot of espresso with their overpriced equipment and techniques that could launch a Falcon 9 into space) are crying at the sight of your post… 🤣

Lucids and
View attachment 21937

A match made in coffee lover's hell. 😬
Mmmmm that's the good stuff

(real talk though, I love my espresso machine and dialing in the perfect delicious shot, but there are some really insanely good instant coffees now; I know that's blasphemy, but it's true. That Maxwell House crap, though, is not one of them, lol.)

...We should get a GT and my DE together and go to Walmart in Mountain View sometime...
The EA chargers there are currently all out of service, I hear due to vandalism.

Not a fan of the new Escalade however I do like the GMC Hummer truck.

Back