BMS Power Draw

The complete disappointment I have now in the range queen being under 3.0 mi/kwh hits me right in the gut...I don't know what to do anymore.
Lol. Don't worry. I have never stayed below 3 for too long and my overall average is 4.

These numbers have been pretty darn accurate. Sure, it may climb a bit, but right now the fans are running far too aggressively it would seem. Again, not a huge deal, but it’s been pretty consistent after DCFC. Car loses substantial range after due to the fans. In turn, it drives down peoples avg mi/kWh. Again, this is only after a DCFC and parking. If you are on a trip you may not notice since you just keep driving.
I saw only minimal loss last night, only 1 or 2 miles, so it seems that the main loss is in the few hours after charging. School's almost out so next time I will plan a longer trip after charging and see how that affects it. I also wonder if it would have made a difference if I had taken back roads in both directions.

In my PHEV when running on electric I see a huge difference in very mild declines (very good) and the reverse when going mildly uphill (not so good). I think elevation changes make a huge difference. Most of the time they will even out (going and coming) but in the short term, they can make a big difference (when does one have to stop and recharge).

In my PHEV when running on electric I see a huge difference in very mild declines (very good) and the reverse when going mildly uphill (not so good). I think elevation changes make a huge difference. Most of the time they will even out (going and coming) but in the short term, they can make a big difference (when does one have to stop and recharge).
The issue, or rather quandary, is the rather large range loss after DCFC and parking. The fans are running for quite some time even after charging has completed and a drive of up to 28 miles is taken. It would appear the thermal sensors are very cautious at the moment.

Hopefully the fans are something that can be fixed with a software update. If they actually need to run that much then perhaps they sacrificed something in the cooling system.

Hopefully the fans are something that can be fixed with a software update. If they actually need to run that much then perhaps they sacrificed something in the cooling system.
Yeaa I’m sure they will eventually. I just ran into the store and charged from 34% to 64%. Drove home and an hour later it was down to 61%. Still have to try this same test off my home charger to see if it happens.

This happens after l2 home charging as well. Plugged in last night and charged to 86% (437 miles), drove 15.5 miles to work and arrived with 83% (423 miles remaining) and a 4.7 mi/kwh efficiency. Temp was 61 when I left my house and 52 when I arrived at my shop. Car was parked outside from 640 am until I just got in it at 230 pm (8 hours), and I was down to 79% (401 miles). Lost 22 miles during my work day. Didn’t check the app at all, key is no where close to the car and in a faraday box. Not only did I lose 22 miles, but the fans ran on the car from the moment I plugged in last night until I got up in the morning. That also drags on charging times as the fans use a good amount of power. I hope they fix this over an OTA soon, this is way too many miles to lose after charging, they are extremely cautious with their BMS and I hope collecting enough data they can loosen it. My efficiency went from 4.7 to 1.9 while being parked during work hours. In conclusion - it doesn’t appear to matter if you DCFC or plug in at home. If you complete a charging session, do a short drive and park, you will lose a substantial amount of range.

Back