Blind Spot Alert Notification

24LAPS

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Pure
I’ve been getting a blind spot alert notification when I’m stopped to turn left and the left turn signal is on. This happens when I’m on the right lane of a 2-lane left turn and another car pulls into the leftmost lane OR I’m on a left lane and a car going the opposite direction passes by. Has anyone encountered this? Trying to figure out if this is specific to my Pure.

I’ve been getting a blind spot alert notification when I’m stopped to turn left and the left turn signal is on. This happens when I’m on the right lane of a 2-lane left turn and another car pulls into the leftmost lane OR I’m on a left lane and a car going the opposite direction passes by. Has anyone encountered this? Trying to figure out if this is specific to my Pure.
It's normal. Technically, there's a car in your blind spot so it alerts.

It's a safety feature, the same as if you're changing lanes on the freeway and there's a car in your blind spot. You could be a driver like my mother-in-law who thinks that they should be able to turn into either lane, no matter which one they started in. She actually needs this on her car.

It's normal. Technically, there's a car in your blind spot so it alerts.
Yep. We have lots of those here in Scottsdale (there is one just outside of the Fashion Square mall parking lot where the design studio and test cars are located) and my GV60 does the same thing. I think all cars must as because, as Bobby implied and Amster said, it is a safety issue. But it is still annoying so I often turn off my turn signal after I have established myself in the turning lane.

Back