bicycles

Two mountain bikes and three 29" wheels are the limit for the trunk. Forget about putting anything else into the trunk except Tetris style slip through items between pedals. Only other place for the 4th tire would be the back seat area.

I imagine some would chalk that up to a win, but it did not feel that way...

Gritted my teeth and bought the crossbars and 2 bike mounts so that my wife can actually put things and children into the car for the next trip. $1200 well spent I hope.
How did it go with your crossbars and mounting two bikes?

My 54cm bike easily fits with the wheel on. I would think the front wheels could fit in the frunk, with two bikes in the back. I use to carry mine in the back of the Corvette.

How about a roof carrier - anyone have experience or issues using a carrier/container on the cross bars?
Thanks

I've carried easily two different bikes (a road bike, with back seats folded down) and on a different occasion a folding mountain bike (Montague Paratrooper) in the trunk without folding down the rear seats. A very worthwhile mod for both bikes is -- quick-release pedals! Lots of specialized variations but you can find ones that compromise nothing while riding, yet make it a LOT easier to load and unload the bike(s). A tarp helps keep the dirty/greasy stuff away from the car materials. The folding mountain bike is easy solo -- the non-folding road bike benefits from a friend helping the far (rear) wheel in.
I own the crossbars and bike carrier but I'm reluctant to start down that installation gantlet, so far no regrets!

I own the crossbars and bike carrier but I'm reluctant to start down that installation gantlet, so far no regrets!
You could always have service install it for you.

How did it go with your crossbars and mounting two bikes?
Left a review in some other thread for the crossbars. Short answer is it is functional, but I would not personally recommended until they revise the foam pads with whatever rubber material was on the Gravity demos.

You could always have service install it for you.
Millbrae service installed mine in May. New design they coincidentally got in stock that week; they swapped in a new crossbar set for the set I bought on forum used and had brought in for install.
Not mounted bicycle attachment yet, no noise or problems.
.. looks good with just crossbars AND I car find my car easier at owner's club events

Attachments

• IMG_20240509_115619815.webp
    IMG_20240509_115619815.webp
    414.1 KB · Views: 55
I have no problem taking the front wheels off, but not live with a car that cannot fit two bikes. Really hard to believe that a car that size will not. As I said, it’s pretty easy to slide two bikes into my Tesla model 3P. Like you, I will have to forgo my June 2020 reservation. I kind of have moved on anyway. I am driving a EV6 and just purchased for my wife a GV60 which I’ll pick up this week.
The model 3 is a hatchback design. The Lucid is not.

Millbrae service installed mine in May. New design they coincidentally got in stock that week; they swapped in a new crossbar set for the set I bought on forum used and had brought in for install.
Not mounted bicycle attachment yet, no noise or problems.
.. looks good with just crossbars AND I car find my car easier at owner's club events
Is that a foam or rubber bottom that sits between the crossbar and vehicle? Looks like some kind of rubber.

I have to believe that without front tires two bike will fit in the back, based on how my single bike fits with the wheel still on.

I haven't tried it but first one in bars forward so the bars overhanging the folded seat top. Second one bars rearward with bars in the trunk well. Removing pedals would make it easier. Blanket between bikes.

Is that a foam or rubber bottom that sits between the crossbar and vehicle? Looks like some kind of rubber.
yup, it does. good quality. Hope to need attachment for next trip to OR & WA but just putting 1 bike in the trunk 4 now

Back