bicycles

des16

Has anyone put 2 road bikes in the back of the car (with wheel off), or one with wheel on? I usually transport our 2 road bikes in the back of my Model 3P (removing front wheels), as both slide in easily. But the trunk looks very shallow in the Lucid. Sadly if I can't get 2 bikes in the car, it is deal breaker. If you have any pics, that would also be great. Thanks.

I prefer not to put my bike in the trunk, I use the Seasucker mount and put in on the roof (see profile pic). The glass roof is perfect for this as you don't have to worry about marring the paint.

A single bike with no front wheel will fit in the trunk, but definitely not two. And one with the front wheel on will not fit either.

Thank for the information. I would not want to keep 2 Seasucker's on my car. I transport my bikes 2x/week, and putting on/taking off the Seasucker is a pain. Also, I would worry about it cracking glass. Lot's of Tesla owners have had problem -- not saying it will happen with Lucid's, but the jury is still out on that.

I prefer not to put my bike in the trunk, I use the Seasucker mount and put in on the roof (see profile pic). The glass roof is perfect for this as you don't have to worry about marring the paint.

A single bike with no front wheel will fit in the trunk, but definitely not two. And one with the front wheel on will not fit either.
Is that with the seats folded down?

Do you think that a second bike (without the wheels could fit behind the front seat -- kind of in front of the low clearance the section of the trunk. Maybe with it not sitting flat, but at 45 degree. Not sure that makes any sense, but if it does, would be curious.

As an avid cyclist, I asked about the trunk fitting my road bike and there’s a post somewhere that shows it fitting with wheels on. Though some acrobatics will be required. Most likely I’m going to forego my Pure reservation for this reason and no tax rebate.

As an avid cyclist, I asked about the trunk fitting my road bike and there’s a post somewhere that shows it fitting with wheels on. Though some acrobatics will be required. Most likely I’m going to forego my Pure reservation for this reason and no tax

I have no problem taking the front wheels off, but not live with a car that cannot fit two bikes. Really hard to believe that a car that size will not. As I said, it’s pretty easy to slide two bikes into my Tesla model 3P. Like you, I will have to forgo my June 2020 reservation. I kind of have moved on anyway. I am driving a EV6 and just purchased for my wife a GV60 which I’ll pick up this week.

I have no problem taking the front wheels off, but not live with a car that cannot fit two bikes. Really hard to believe that a car that size will not. As I said, it’s pretty easy to slide two bikes into my Tesla model 3P. Like you, I will have to forgo my June 2020 reservation. I kind of have moved on anyway. I am driving a EV6 and just purchased for my wife a GV60 which I’ll pick up this week.
I understand your frustration but the average price of an electric car in the US this year is $66K:

That makes a Pure, reserved prior to the price increase, a terrific bargain and a lot of luxury (I think as we have still not seen final details) for the price.

Norco Torrent 7.1 Size L, with the front wheel removed.

I think I can get 2 road with both wheels off comfortably. But I don't do road, so no can try.

For now, I'm happy I can get my MTB & gravel bike (42s) in without breaking a sweat.

I'll keep my car. :) .. Yeah. Good for me. :)

Attachments

• 20220826_183555.jpg
    20220826_183555.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 258

Still happy with the Komodo? Any problems?

Still happy with the Komodo? Any problems?
Sorry for delay in responding here. Short response is don't use the Komodo on the Lucid AGT. The roof cannot handle it. I am now using a Kuat trio with the cross bars.

Norco Torrent 7.1 Size L, with the front wheel removed.

I think I can get 2 road with both wheels off comfortably. But I don't do road, so no can try.

For now, I'm happy I can get my MTB & gravel bike (42s) in without breaking a sweat.

I'll keep my car. :) .. Yeah. Good for me. :)
Only saw the wheels in the pic, where is the bike?

Sorry for delay in responding here. Short response is don't use the Komodo on the Lucid AGT. The roof cannot handle it. I am now using a Kuat trio with the cross bars.
I’m actually looking into getting the seasucker max. Looks like a perfect solution for glass roof cars. I’m curious what do you mean by the roof cannot handle it?

For what it's worth, my tri bike (with aero bars) won't fit in the Lucid at all. The aero bars are too wide. Road bike fits fine.

Two mountain bikes and three 29" wheels are the limit for the trunk. Forget about putting anything else into the trunk except Tetris style slip through items between pedals. Only other place for the 4th tire would be the back seat area.

I imagine some would chalk that up to a win, but it did not feel that way...

Gritted my teeth and bought the crossbars and 2 bike mounts so that my wife can actually put things and children into the car for the next trip. $1200 well spent I hope.

Has anyone purchased the Lucid bike mounts with the cross bars? I am wondering if the cross bars can take on 2 bikes. Sorry if this question has been answered already!

Has anyone purchased the Lucid bike mounts with the cross bars? I am wondering if the cross bars can take on 2 bikes. Sorry if this question has been answered already!

Tried with 2 mountain bikes. Unstable and super difficult. I wouldn't do it again plus damage to the silver part of the two tone. Connection points tend to lean back and dig into the aluminum.

Back