Best charge finding app

Can Plugshare show how many chargers are free/occupied? That feature is why I went back to EA app as my primary.
It does not have live data like that, unfortunately. If you read the recent reviews, you can get a sense of which ones are broken, at least.

Which charger you pick, in general, doesn’t really matter. Most will do 48A continuous on a 60A line and breaker, and which one you pick is largely a matter of taste. I like the Wallbox Pulsar Plus, others love their Chargepoints, some build their own using OpenEVSE, and so on. Most have similar functionality from a “get on the internet” perspective, though there are nuances like Wallbox Power Boost, for example.

The Lucid EVSE is a different beast - it can do 80A continuous on a 100A line/breaker, but your panel and wiring would need to support that - not all can. If you’re going to install on a 60A or smaller line, there are cheaper EVSEs with more functionality, even.

You can also simply use the mobile charging cord the Lucid comes with, but that maxes out at 40A continuous on a 50A line/breaker, so it’s the slowest option (or you could plug in an EVSE for the same rate, but I would up to 60A hardwired if you can). If you do go that route, ensure it is a commercial grade outlet, not a residential $15 Leviton - do not set your house on fire. :)

There is a ton of info on the forums about this - search “charger,” “14-50,” and “EVSE” for a bunch of good threads.
Just sent ss of your post to the hubster 🤓

PlugShare. If you want a tutorial, join us at a Lucid Owners get together in San Diego at the Crust Pizzaria, 4653 carmel Mountain Road on Sunday, 10a. There are lots of us who Can show you the ropes!
My Luci needs a play date. We will be there.
1706738733941.png

Back