Bear's Workshop Does It Again!

DJL

Verified Owner
Bear posted this morning a drone video flown this morning at 3 AM. It shows the employee's parking lot very full, meaning that the AMP-1 facility is operating three shifts now. Plus, the three lots of new ucid's were all packed to the gills. With his recent videos, we now know they are operating three shifts a day and they are also operating on Saturday. Lucid has really ramped up production. To view the 3 AM video, just click HERE.

Definitely good to see. It would be nice to see them hit 10,000 this year and smash the guidance out the park but either way it's good to see a steady stream of cars coming out the factory now. I wonder how many cars are getting pumped out daily now that 3 shifts are running. Surely the Touring and Pure's must be imminent. Will be an interesting Q3 earnings call :)

Anyone with eagle eyes able to spot any evidence that any of those cars are Pure or Touring? Any 20-inch wheels? Metal roofs?

I can't imagine they'd be building cars before making ANY confirmations, so I doubt it. But maybe this is a push to finish all GT and GT-P as soon as they can?

Anyone with eagle eyes able to spot any evidence that any of those cars are Pure or Touring? Any 20-inch wheels? Metal roofs?

I can't imagine they'd be building cars before making ANY confirmations, so I doubt it. But maybe this is a push to finish all GT and GT-P as soon as they can?
It's hard to tell but most, if not all have glass roofs. Thus, they are still pumping out AGTs

I would have to expect them to say something about the Touring's and Pure's if nothing has been confirmed before then. It will be November when that call takes place so with only 2 months left in the year if they don't announce a starting date or have started at the time of the call It could mean it's pushed. Which would have to be mentioned on the call also. If they're still on track though then it really does show how little interest was in the Touring 😐

It's hard to tell but most, if not all have glass roofs. Thus, they are still pumping out AGTs
Well, Tourings with glass roofs will come first. The metal roof option is still listed as "coming later." But I think you are right, and they are still going only GTs.

I would have to expect them to say something about the Touring's and Pure's if nothing has been confirmed before then. It will be November when that call takes place so with only 2 months left in the year if they don't announce a starting date or have started at the time of the call It could mean it's pushed. Which would have to be mentioned on the call also. If they're still on track though then it really does show how little interest was in the Touring 😐
I agree, if they are planning to push the start of Pure or Touring production out to next year, they will need to say that in this upcoming call. If they don't mention it, I would assume they are still on track to start production in December, at least.

And if they don't mention anything at all, I'm sure some reporter will ask them about it. So we'll know soon enough.

My theory is still that once they start Touring, whenever that is, it won't take them long to plow through the entire reservation list. If there are fewer Touring than GT, and they are catching up to GT now, they should easily be able to do all of Touring in less than a year.

Pure is another matter.

I am on the waiting list for a Pure and I will be happy of they get it to me sometime in 2023.
I'd say unless you are in the first 10k or so Pure reservations, you will likely not see the car in 2023. But if you reserved way back in 2020, it's possible.

As a certified optimist, I would be surprised if Lucid's production level is so low as to only producing 10,000 Pures next year. However, I must admit that I am not sure how many AGTs and Tourings are projected to be produced in 2023. What is your belief of their production level for next year given that the now have three shifts working at least 5 days a week plus are also working at east one shift on Saturday? Using a Business Calculator, there are 304 work days (including Saturdays but not holidays). At daily production rates of 40 cars/day yields about 12,000 cars, at 50 cars/day yields about 15,000 cars, 60 cars/day yields about 18,000 car and 70 cars/day yields about 24,000 cars. Of course, supply chain, labor issues, unscheduled plant down times and more are all possible. It will be really interesting to hear during the end of year report what 2023 production numbers Lucid Motors will be stating.

I'd say unless you are in the first 10k or so Pure reservations, you will likely not see the car in 2023. But if you reserved way back in 2020, it's possible.

I was November of 2021. Fortunately, if the delivery slides into 2024, I have a very comfortable and luxurious daily driver with GEICO MBI to protect me until the end of 2024. So I can wait if I have to.

Had my GT in for service (Costa Mesa) last week. I had a trunk gap/alignment issue that arose after delivery; I am happy to report service was able to correct the issue. Of note: my customer service rep mentioned that location has an extraordinary number of new cars onsite, awaiting delivery—so many, they had to short-term-lease additional space locally for storage. The rep said employees have been advised (instructed?) not to take days off before end-of-year in order to deliver as many cars as possible. Music to my stock-owning ears.

Another way to look at the massive number of cars on the lot is they produced far more GT's than are reserved right now to have a supply to ship while they're making the Pures. I don't know what the assembly line situation is, maybe they don't have room in the current space for multiples.

I think the cars in the lots are mostly ATs for the huge wave of demand that is going to come when the first ones get seen in the wild and people realize they are the best compromise. All the performance you actually need, more room than the GT, and much less expensive.

I think the cars in the lots are mostly ATs for the huge wave of demand that is going to come when the first ones get seen in the wild and people realize they are the best compromise. All the performance you actually need, more room than the GT, and much less expensive.
Think of how many rear wheel drive performance cars luxury cars were sold in the past by Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Audi. Compare them to the base pure. That is the the volume segment.

Back