Battery usage sleuthing

Ryrub

Cars
Air Touring
Hi guys I have pored over the owners manual and I can’t seem to find a way to see what systems in my AT are currently using the battery. I am trying to get my efficiency higher (driving like a great-grandmother, actively trying to regen as much as possible, accelerating so slowly from red lights that I might be annoying people behind me, etc) I can’t seem to get much higher than about 3.3 mi/kWh. After who knows how long I noticed my toddlers had turned on the back seat heaters(under their car seats no less) and that of course helped when I turned them off. But I’m wondering if there’s a way to know what else I might be using that I don’t realize could be hurting my efficiency. Any insight would be great thanks!

Hi guys I have pored over the owners manual and I can’t seem to find a way to see what systems in my AT are currently using the battery. I am trying to get my efficiency higher (driving like a great-grandmother, actively trying to regen as much as possible, accelerating so slowly from red lights that I might be annoying people behind me, etc) I can’t seem to get much higher than about 3.3 mi/kWh. After who knows how long I noticed my toddlers had turned on the back seat heaters(under their car seats no less) and that of course helped when I turned them off. But I’m wondering if there’s a way to know what else I might be using that I don’t realize could be hurting my efficiency. Any insight would be great thanks!

How are you determining your m/kWh? By trip or by last charge? Makes a big difference.

Also, what size wheels ?

Keep in mind your efficiency will increase as you break car in; mine did by about .2-.3 m/kWh.

I am not aware of any way to determine what systems in the car are drawing how much power, etc.

When you say 3.3m/kWh, as @stratus mentioned, it's important to understand what you are looking at: Trip or Since Last Charge.

If you want to know what the efficiency of your AT is, while it is in use, please look only at Trip A or B.

I have some opinions on the (lack of) value of "Since Last Charge" which you can read about here. https://lucidowners.com/threads/since-last-charge-is-confusing-and-pointless.5954/
It does not tell you the efficiency of operating the car.

As for a detailed breakdown of consumption by car subsystem, as far as I'm aware that's not available currently.

When you say 3.3m/kWh, as @stratus mentioned, it's important to understand what you are looking at: Trip or Since Last Charge.

If you want to know what the efficiency of your AT is, while it is in use, please look only at Trip A or B.

I have some opinions on the (lack of) value of "Since Last Charge" which you can read about here. https://lucidowners.com/threads/since-last-charge-is-confusing-and-pointless.5954/
It does not tell you the efficiency of operating the car.

As for a detailed breakdown of consumption by car subsystem, as far as I'm aware that's not available currently.
Thanks! I reset Trip A and it's up to 3.6ish(better but not the 4.2 I would need for the true stated range) I guess "since last charge" includes all the time I turn on the A/C 15 minutes in advance as New Orleans is still 90 degrees outside :(

Thanks! I reset Trip A and it's up to 3.6ish(better but not the 4.2 I would need for the true stated range) I guess "since last charge" includes all the time I turn on the A/C 15 minutes in advance as New Orleans is still 90 degrees outside :(

Glad to hear it is improving. I do think the break in period is a true phenomenon, as I have experienced it myself. After a couple thousand miles my efficiency did improve a bit. I consistently get above 4.0 m/kWh now( with conservative driving ). 3.6 is pretty darn good , so enjoy the vehicle and everyone once in a while press the accelerator with wild abandon.😊😊
You will notice at higher speeds ( typically above 70) your m/kWh will decrease ; this is unavoidable.
In addition to precooling , since last charge also encompasses when the car is idle and has that small amount of phantom drain.

Back