Battery size confusion

TP2598

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm interested in getting into a used Air Pure or a touring but in doing my research, I'm getting a lot of conflicting info about battery size and was hoping if you smart folks would shed some light into the matter.

1) So my understanding is that the Pure AWD has the same 92kwh as the Touring, but for '24 model year, lucid no longer offers Pure AWD, but instead have Pure RWD only, and in doing so have reduced the battery to 88kwh, correct?

2) is the battery chemistry between the 88kwh pack the same as the 92kwh, but with less modules?

3) for the touring, was there any changes to either the nominal or usable battery capacity or has it always been 94 nominal/92 usable?

Thanks all!!

Here is what I believe to be the case...

1) Correct.

2) I believe they have the same chemistry, but fewer modules are needed to match the Touring's EPA range. Probably both for cost and weight saving, but I imagine also because they would not want the Pure RWD to have a greater range than the Touring.

3) I believe that there is no change. No doubt the nominal capacity of the Pure RWD is similarly greater than 88 kWh.

Hope that helps. Hope I'm right. :)

Back